Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Trying to catch up on posts I've missed ---

@TerriRichardson112 Happy Belated Birthday!! <3
    @bookmeister86 I hear you about the contractor. I have an appointment with two to come in and estimate redoing my bathroom; but can't yet because of Stay Home order ... hoping I can get on their schedules quickly after it's lifted.
    @teigansdad just nosy ... what is sufferfest?
    @PackerFanInGB I started with a gentle chair yoga which was a good thing. Third week I changed to a different chair yoga program ... and can definitely feel it. It works the whole body but specifically targets the "diamond" shaped muscle/fascia in the lower back.
    @mytime6630 I miss those quick grocery runs as well. I used to buy for 3 days max ... now it's for a couple of weeks ... really have to be careful not to graze. LOL
    @Snowflake1968 I hear you about the Coke. Been a drinker over 60 years. I've managed to get down to 1/day limit and maybe ... can skip once in a great while. It's hard letting go! I have also scaled down to the small cans which was another big step.

Welcome back to those returning. Posting this one then on to last page to catch up with those posts!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    kxb0bcr2i12u.jpeg

Hope everyone is keeping their head above water. 💕💖💕
    I am grateful...
    • ...for the beautiful morning
    • ...that I have sufficient for my needs
    • ...for my spring flowers
    • ...that my seeds are developing apace
    • For all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook) I finished the 14 day challenge, but have been too busy to continue with the extended Challenge.
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Week 1
    Wed 01: 148.1
    Thu 02: 147.2 💖 finally off the plateau! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Fri 03: 147.8
    Sat 04: 147.2
    Sun 05: 147.5
    Mon 06: 147.4
    Tue 07: 147.2 Almost at my goal weight!
    Week 2
    Wed 08: 147.3
    Thu 09: 142.6 😱 Now, logic suggests that I can't have lost almost 5 lbs overnight, but I'm putting it out there, although I'm expecting this to bounce up again tomorrow.
    Fri 10: 144
    Sat 11: 146.2
    Sun 12: 149.1: 😜 Scale needed new batteries! Gotta cut back on the Easter treats. 😂
    Mon 13: 148.8🐣 Easter treats! 😂 Chocolate overload!
    Tue 14: 149.4:
    Week 3:
    Wed 15: 148.8
    Thu 16: 148.2
    Fri 17: 148.2
    Sat 18: 148.5
    Sun 19: 148.2
    Mon 20: 148.2
    Pass day!!! 🎈🎉🎈74th Birthday 🎈🎉🎈
    Tue 21: 149.4 🍫🍷Birthday bounce. 😂 Don't regret one single mouthful 😂
    Week 4:
    Wed 22: 148.8
    Thu 23: 148.4
    Fri 24: 149.2
    Sat 25:
    Sun 26:
    Mon 27:
    Tue 28:
    Wed 29:
    Thu 30:
    Fri 31:
    Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
    JFT Fri 24 Apr:
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: 🌷
    Meditation:🌷breathing meditation
    Intentional exercise: > 50 🌷80
    Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, gardening
    Strength: > 10🌷Core
    Flex: >10🌷Yoga
    Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
    Weight: < 150🌷
    Steps: > 7500🌷8500 +
    Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷11 done
    Mood: 😎
    Gratitude: I am grateful for all my MFP family
    Activities I got to do:
    • meditation🌷
    • visit to elderly friend🌷took some fresh veg. Social distancing visit
    • General chores
    • gardening🌷
    • spend time with DH 🌷
    • Work on Birthday project for Grandson 🌷
    🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    🌺🌸🌼 Earn one 💐 for each day 🌼🌸🌺
    ❗️From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)❗️

Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise
    April:
    💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐
    May:

• cesse47
    🌺🌸🌼 15 April to 31 May 🌼🌸🌺
    My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise -- 🌺🌸🌼🌸🌺🌼🌸🌼🌸🌺

JFT Goals for Saturday, April 25, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga -- can really feel this new chair yoga program!!
    Do stretching video in full
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Tub & surround, Walls, Floor
    Work at least 15 minutes in bedroom closet to declutter and organize
    Make fresh vegetable soup
    Go to drug store to pick up prescription -- YES!! a CAR TRIP!!
    Mop kitchen floor

Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    FRIDAY:
    - log everything🟢
    - Stay green🔴
    - Exercise (lifting routine)🟢
    - Finish yearbook edits🟢
    - Pick something to organize🟢
    - Laundry/dishes🟢🟢
    - Look at unemployment🟢

I went over calories again, but it wasn’t a total blow out. I wanted to snack before dinner, but held out and really restrained myself at dinner. The family ordered out, but I stuck to my grilled chicken salad. I had one mozzarella stick, but mostly kept the food in check despite all the temptations. I don’t like to order out, but our neighbors own a small sandwich shop so we want to support them when we can.

JFT SATURDAY
    - Finish my book (The Silent Patient - really good if you’re looking for a book to read!)
    - Laundry/dishes
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - Exercise (cardio)
    - Bday parade

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    To earn a flower, I must:
    1) Log everything 2) Stay green 3) Exercise
    April 15,16,17,18,19,20,21
    🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺

Be well! 💕
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM walk.
    3. Answer student emails. Grade any make-up work. Email elected officials. Find ER bill and call for itemized list of charges.
    4. Lunch: chicken salad salad. Yoga with core/balance work. Bike ride.
    5. Review papers by desk. File or trash. PM walk to 10k if needed. Post to blog.
    6. Color! Fold laundry.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z. Move end table to beside bed.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Saturday: edit blog posts to make sure that the continue link is after a return. Next Thursday: USATestPrep. and Galileo.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 191.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. This is the lowest my weight has been since before Thanksgiving. The suddenness of the drop makes me uncomfortable, but it's slowing down some, so that's good.
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Friday goals. Mental and physical rest day
    Healthy snack choices❌
    Stop on way home from work and get more carrots and apples❌
    Don’t go crazy in the red: try to stay with in 750 calories if we go with pizza✅
    No more than 2 beers if pizza night✅
    Feel no guilt about red calories❌
    Ended up getting a spin in so stayed green.

Saturday goals
    Stay green
    Yard work
    3 beer max
    Long ride
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    HI MY BEAUTIES AND CUTIES.
    SORRY FOR BEING MIA. TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. AND EVEN MORESO NOW THAT WEB ACTIVITIES HAVE RISEN. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO MAP MY WALK IN DAYS. IT KICKS ME OUT WITHOUT EVEN GETTING A LOADING CIRCLE. NO MATTER THOUGH. I'M STILL DOING THE THINGY...LMBO
    HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH EVERYONE. WELCOME TO NEW PEOPLE... PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL.
  • cesse47
    🌺🌸🌼 15 April to 31 May
    🌼🌸🌺
    My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise -- 🌺🌸🌼🌸🌺🌼🌸🌼🌸🌺🌸

JFT Goals for Sunday, April 26, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices
    Drink at least 8 water
    Do 2 5 min walks -- try for 3
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Tub & surround, Walls, Floor -- still working on walls
    Work at least 15 minutes in bedroom closet to declutter and organize
    Clean stovetop
    Clean litterboxes
    Take out trash and recycling
    Mop kitchen floor -- can wait until next week if needed

dishes are done. plan is to do one wall in bathroom, then clean stovetop, clean litter boxes. Then, if possible, mop kitchen floor.

Hope Y'all have a great day! :)