Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผSPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ 15 April to 31 May ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ

My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise -- ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ-0-
    :/ no flower for yesterday; worked on bathroom to get all walls done instead :/

JFT Goals for Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices; drink 8 water
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full - done
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Tub & surround, Walls, Floor -- one wall left
    Declutter & Organize bedroom closet -- 15 min.
    Collect trash from all rooms; take bin to curb
    Vacuum
    Mop kitchen floor

OK!! The Plan: Collect all trash and take bin to curb in next 1/2 hour. logoff computer at 9:30. Finish bathroom floor. Do yoga. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Vacuum all rooms on main floor. Play on computer for a bit ... do small chore ... repeat.

Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • cesse47
    @cesse47 - I appreciate the idea. I do use audio books and Iโ€™m a podcast junkie, but I have a few paperbacks I got from the library before the lockdown Iโ€™m trying to finish. My biggest โ€œissueโ€ is homeschooling. Itโ€™s like transitioning to a desk job. Yesterday I sat for hours making worksheets and organizing the emails/computer activities for the kids. Iโ€™m not used to that. I used to be on my feet all day. I never sat down!

I applaude you for all you are doing. It must be a real challenge being in lockdown with little ones ... not only keeping them busy and entertained, but also doing all the homeschooling and all it entails. Plus, they must have their own insecurities and fears about this scary situation. BRAVA MOM!! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ -- you deserve a bouquet.

• cesse47
    Monday 27 April Things have been very tough so Iโ€™ll try to catch up tomorrow
    Thinking of you all

Sorry you had a tough day ... ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ a bouquet to brighten your day! Hope you have a better day today!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    @cesse47 those are great ideas, thank you!

It's taking everything in me to add my workout to the list for today, I really don't want to do it but I know I will feel better if I start doing it regularly again.

Yesterday 4/27:

1. Log all food ๐Ÿ˜
    2. Stay within calorie goal ๐Ÿ˜” still in a deficit though!
    3. Go for a walk ๐Ÿ˜”
    4. Cook dinner ๐Ÿ˜”

JFT 4/28:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Do workout

๐ŸŽฏ Set your own daily goal ๐ŸŽฏ
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ Earn one ๐Ÿ’ for each day ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    โ—๏ธ From 15 April to 31 May (47 days) โ—๏ธ

Daily Goal: Stay in the green

April: 19,20,21
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    May:

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run - 5 miles. STUDENT CALLS.
    3. Answer student emails. Grade any make-up work. Find ER bill and call for itemized list of charges.
    4. Lunch: leftovers. Yoga with core/balance work.
    5. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Garden: 30 min. Watch movie with D.
    6. Color! Check start of term plans; incorporate blogs? Post: Public or private?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z. Move end table to beside bed.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Saturday: edit blog posts to make sure that the continue link is after a return. Next Thursday: USATestPrep. and Galileo.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 193.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Husband has said he'll help me with the garden today. Fingers crossed I can get some planting done! :D
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Jft
    1. Drink two water bottles ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    2. One kitchen chore ๐Ÿ‘Ž skipper after going crazy with cleaning the day before, needed one day without dealing with the dishwasher :D
    4. Bed by 10 ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    5. QT with DH โœ”
    6. Limit online shopping โœ”
    7. Call dad again ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    8. Ask for help if you need it โœ”
    9. Nap โœ”
    10. Order meat package โœ”

JFT
    1. Atleast 1 water bottle
    2. One kitchen chore
    3. Quote chest freezer
    4. Pay real estate tax
    5. Dont obbsess about return to work
    6. One load of laundry
    7. Fold laundry on the couch
    8. Go for a walk
    9. Only one snack after dinner
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited April 2020
    JFT T 4/28
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / REMEMBER 5 somethings / hourly stairs break basement to 2nd floor
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work from home / webinar 4pm
    4) Walk dog or x-train (more rain?)
    5) One home chore
    6) FLOSS / RETAINERS

Yesterday I planned to post JFT but too busy with morning & noon webinars, and making chicken salad that I didn't make Sunday, for hubby's lunches. Afternoon filled with work from home and walking dog after rain showers ended and skies cleared. Beautiful early evening; heard turkeys, geese & cranes. Later in evening, I started eating leftover Easter candy and just. couldn't. stop. Ack! I'm struggling to stay on track. Today I have meals planned, which should help.

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€ Earn a flower each day ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน
    From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)

Daily Goal: net calories green
    April: 15, 16, 17, 22, 24 [5X]
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฅ€๐ŸŒบ

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cesse47
    @Mountainlove welcome!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    kxb0bcr2i12u.jpeg

Hope everyone is keeping their head above water. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•
    I am grateful...
    • ...that I was able to walk on the beach today
    • ...that my tulips are still blooming
    • ...for continued good health
    • For all those essential workers still going out there....
      ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป Thank you for your service ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • Iโ€™ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook) I finished the 14 day challenge, but have been too busy to continue with the extended Challenge.
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to โ€˜talkโ€™ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Week 1
    Wed 01: 148.1
    Thu 02: 147.2 ๐Ÿ’– finally off the plateau! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    Fri 03: 147.8
    Sat 04: 147.2
    Sun 05: 147.5
    Mon 06: 147.4
    Tue 07: 147.2 Almost at my goal weight!
    Week 2
    Wed 08: 147.3
    Thu 09: 142.6 ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Now, logic suggests that I can't have lost almost 5 lbs overnight, but I'm putting it out there, although I'm expecting this to bounce up again tomorrow.
    Fri 10: 144
    Sat 11: 146.2
    Sun 12: 149.1: ๐Ÿ˜œ Scale needed new batteries! Gotta cut back on the Easter treats. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Mon 13: 148.8๐Ÿฃ Easter treats! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Chocolate overload!
    Tue 14: 149.4:
    Week 3:
    Wed 15: 148.8
    Thu 16: 148.2
    Fri 17: 148.2
    Sat 18: 148.5
    Sun 19: 148.2
    Mon 20: 148.2
    Pass day!!! ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ74th Birthday ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ
    Tue 21: 149.4 ๐Ÿซ๐ŸทBirthday bounce. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Don't regret one single mouthful ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Week 4:
    Wed 22: 148.8
    Thu 23: 148.4
    Fri 24: 149.2
    Sat 25: 148.8
    Sun 26: 148.2
    Mon 27: 148.6
    Tue 28: 148.8
    Wed 29:
    Thu 30:
    Fri 31:
    Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
    JFT Tue 28 Apr:
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: ๐ŸŒท
    Meditation:๐ŸŒทbreathing meditation
    Intentional exercise: > 50 ๐ŸŒท78
    Cardio: > 30๐ŸŒทWalking, gardening
    Strength: > 10๐ŸŒทArms/legs
    Flex: >10๐ŸŒทYoga
    Prelog: stay in the green ๐ŸŒท
    Weight: < 150๐ŸŒท
    Steps: > 7500๐ŸŒท11253
    Fitbit > 6 active hours ๐ŸŒท12 today
    Mood: ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Gratitude: I am grateful that my lettuce are ready to harvest
    Activities I got to do today:
    • meditation๐ŸŒท
    • crochet
    • working in the garden with DH
    • beach walk
    • Prep for shopping tomorrow
    • Work on Birthday project for Grandson ๐ŸŒท
    ๐ŸŽฏ Set your own daily goal ๐ŸŽฏ
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ Earn one ๐Ÿ’ for each day ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    โ—๏ธFrom 15 April to 31 May (47 days)โ—๏ธ

Daily Goal:
    50 + minutes intentional exercise
    April:
    ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    May:

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2020
    Daily habits: track, ๐Ÿ˜€exercise, ๐Ÿ˜€journal๐Ÿ˜€

Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,weigh, hair, pets,pill๐Ÿ˜€
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge๐Ÿ˜€
    3. On computer, video ready at 0655๐Ÿ˜€
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt +almond Kashi๐Ÿ˜€
    5. Lunch= salad + chicken๐Ÿ˜€
    6. Walk/bike = ??๐Ÿ˜€โ€”68 min walk
    7. Dinner = family food ๐Ÿ˜€
    8. Legs, Abs, stretches๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    9. Write card for sister ๐Ÿคจโ€”mostly
    10. Meditate๐Ÿ‘ฟ
    11. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Tired. Slept poorly worried about a meeting that went fine. As the day goes on my focus deteriorated and my evening motivation starts to disappear. ๐Ÿฅบ

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill,pets, pill
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge
    3. On computer, video ready at 0725
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean
    5. Walk/bike after 5:30
    6. Lunch= salad + chicken
    7. Dinner = family food
    8. Mail sister card
    9. Arms, Legs, Abs, stretches
    10. Meditate
    11. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE๐ŸŒธ
    My Daily Goal: cardio or strength training, any duration
    April: 15, 16, 17,19,20, 21,22,23,24,25
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ
    ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for a husband who takes care of me and the house and the kids.

WOTY: Habits
  • Dolcelovexo
    Dolcelovexo Posts: 7 Member
    Up at 630
    Myfitness
    Meditate
    Breakfast
    Tidy up home
    Shower
    Dr appointment
    Take a nice walk
    Prep tomorrow's work clothes and meals
    Relax with hubby
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    I applaude you for all you are doing. It must be a real challenge being in lockdown with little ones ... not only keeping them busy and entertained, but also doing all the homeschooling and all it entails. Plus, they must have their own insecurities and fears about this scary situation. BRAVA MOM!! ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ -- you deserve a bouquet.

@cesse47-You are very sweet! Thank you!๐Ÿ˜Š

TUESDAY:
    - Homeschool๐ŸŸข
    - Log everything/Stay green๐ŸŸข๐ŸŸข
    - Exercise (lifting & cardio) today๐ŸŸข๐ŸŸข
    - 3 teacher appreciation videos๐Ÿ”ด
    - B teacher meeting๐ŸŸข
    - E virtual dance๐ŸŸข
    - Either organize something or complete product reviews.๐ŸŸข (organized food and prepped multiple dishes)

Good day yesterday. My mom stopped by to pick up the groceries I got for her. She lives alone and is having a hard time with the quarantine. Iโ€™m glad she stopped over and got to see the kids.

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - Homeschool
    - 3 teacher appreciation videos
    - E teacher meeting
    - B virtual dance
    - Product reviews
    - Log everything/stay green
    - Exercise (cardio)
    - Meal plan & make a few more dishes to store (black bean burgers, energy bites, pancakes & French toast)

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    To earn a flower, I must:
    1) Log everything 2) Stay green 3) Exercise
    April 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,25,26,28
    ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

Be well! ๐Ÿ’•
  • cesse47
    ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ 15 April to 31 May ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ

My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise -- ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ-0-0-
    :/ no flower for Mon or Tues :/

JFT Goals for Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb choices; drink 8 water
    ..... critical: get eating back on track!!!!! .....
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full - done
    Clean Bathroom: Stool, Tub & surround, Walls, Floor
    Declutter & Organize bedroom closet -- 15 min.
    Collect trash from all rooms; take bin to curb
    Clean bathroom and kitchen windows
    Vacuum
    Mop kitchen floor

OK!! The Plan: Do stretches. Clean bathroom window and floor. Do yoga. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Vacuum all rooms on main floor. Play on computer for a bit ... do small chore (bedroom closet) ... repeat.

Hope Y'all have a great day! :)
  • cesse47
    Iโ€™ve skimmed and caught up yet again.
    I saw 200 on the scale this past weekend, I swore I would never go there again. I have gained 10lbs just in April. So yesterday and today I have been drinking water at work, took my lunch both days and although I wasnโ€™t in the green I wasnโ€™t 1000 calories in the red.

I am going to log the rest of this week and next week start posting goals again. I need to make some changes in my routines and want to make this sustainable again.

Miss you all and I need to get back to what helps me and this group does it.

Right there with ya Gal!! Actually went to the grocery store yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks (we have been having it delivered). Came home with double what I needed and couldn't keep my fingers out of it the rest of the day. Dang it!! So now until weigh-in Saturday I need to be hyper-vigilant about food so I don't completely blow all the good work I've done this past month. Really disappointed myself ... OK ... need to shake it off and get back to business (and remember to keep having groceries delivered for my own well-being)!!

I think resetting your goals to start the month is a great idea. As is coming here before you go to work to update your goal for the day ... maybe that will help you "set" the tone for the day. You Can Do This!! :)
  • cesse47
    Goals for Tuesday

Was at grocery store. Put two big bags of. M&Ms in cart...at the time I struggled BUT managed to put them back on shelf and not bring them home... that was a win for the day ๐Ÿ˜‰

NICE WIN!! :)