Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Had a much-needed break from tech and working out yesterday. Will read everyone's posts later...

JFT Sunday 4/26
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Watch church service video w/ hubby
    4) Walk dog
    5) Get stuff from shed: hook up hose reel for AC service on W (hubby will turn on water in basement), set up patio furniture, other?
    6) Make chicken salad w/ rotiserrie chicken
    7) Floss / retainers

Weather gorgeous finally ~ sunny & temp already 50. :sunglasses: Yay. Going to enjoy today b/c rain chances predicted next three days.

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    🌸🌼🌷🥀 Earn a flower each day 🌺💐🌻🌹
    From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)

My Daily Goal: net calories green (always a struggle)
    April: 15, 16, 17, 22, 24 [5X]
    🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Stay green
    Trainer for 1.5 hr (first part semi hard, then 1/2 hr of volume work)✅
    Get some groceries✅
    No beer today❌
    No junk food todayStay green❌❌❌
    Get some groceries✅
    No beer today❌❌
    Look at bills❌
    Make nice dinner✅
    Hang w family✅

I am noticing food..what and how much I eat has so little so do with hunger on the weekend and more to do with either stress or boredom.
    During the week I work long hours, come home, make dinner, hang for a few then hit trainer...
    On days off... I’ll work out in morning, then do what ever chores or projects I’ve got planned then hang. I usually
    Start thinking how nice a beer would taste almost like a reward in the early afternoon. Or I get into the junk food..or both. My. Problem is once I start I can’t seem to stop. Plus once I’m in the red calorie-wise I’m like “ well I failed today anyway so I’ll just go nuts and start over tomorrow”.
    I’m at my goal weight so I can afford to do this but it doesn’t seem healthy. Anyway just exploring this out loud.

Monday goals
    Stay green
    No beer
    no ice cream
    No M&Ms
    Make nice dinner
    Short sufferfest after dinner
    14 pull-ups
    Push-ups 35
    30 minutes on Nordic track

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY:
    - House chores🟢
    - cardio🟢
    - Say green🟢
    - Log everything🟢
    - submit taxes🔴

Got out for a 7 mile walk yesterday, just looping around my house and up the side street. Its boring, but at least there’s less people to maneuver around!

I realized this week that I needed to update my activity level on the app. Prior to quarantine I was up and moving constantly. Now I’m often sitting to help the girls with school or reading a book. So, I’m hoping that changing that status and altering calories will help.

I’m also not sure if I’m maintaining and not losing because I’m lifting consistently now. I feel like I’m doing a lot of the right things, but not seeing results on the scale. Although, I did notice my face looked leaner. Maybe I’m losing inches? I’ll have to take new measurements soon.

Sorry for the novel!

JFT MONDAY:
    - Homeschool
    - Log everything / Stay green
    - Exercise (lifting routine)
    - Normal chores
    - Pick something to organize
    - Prep May budget
    - Complete product reviews
    - B’s teacher project

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    To earn a flower, I must:
    1) Log everything 2) Stay green 3) Exercise
    April 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,25,26
    🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸

Be well! 💕
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ooh, can I join?

JFT - I won’t snack after work
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 -- bummer here as well, doc said I've lost an inch :/

@AJB1014 -- no more online shopping??? soooooo painful!! at least, for me LOL

@TerriRichardson112 -- congrats on maintaining this month!

@teigansdad -- you said "once I start can't seem to stop". Perhaps you could develop a mini plan for temptations? 1) remove or limit temptations; maybe only keep one beer in the house or one single packet of M&Ms? 2) divert your focus ... when temptation rears it's head, go to kitchen, drink 2 glasses of water, and do a short chore, or 10 planks, or fix something ... something to get your mind away from what is tempting you. If your temptation is in the kitchen, go to bathroom to get your water and do your chore/etc in a different room.

@SERmom3 -- To increase activity level, could you listen to a book instead of read it? If so, you could listen while stretching, gardening, doing yoga, etc.

@aubyshortcake -- don't you just hate blue moods!! Put on some Queen really loud, Bohemian Rhapsody, and do jumping jacks, or go outside if the sun is shining and skip (yes, skip) to the end of the block and back. Doing something fun or silly can help, being in the sunshine can help. One thing that works for me is to watch a few comedy vids on YouTube ... favorites are Jeanne Robertson and Bill Engvall
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 -- bummer here as well, doc said I've lost an inch :/

@AJB1014 -- no more online shopping??? soooooo painful!! at least, for me LOL

@TerriRichardson112 -- congrats on maintaining this month!

@teigansdad -- you said "once I start can't seem to stop". Perhaps you could develop a mini plan for temptations? 1) remove or limit temptations; maybe only keep one beer in the house or one single packet of M&Ms? 2) divert your focus ... when temptation rears it's head, go to kitchen, drink 2 glasses of water, and do a short chore, or 10 planks, or fix something ... something to get your mind away from what is tempting you. If your temptation is in the kitchen, go to bathroom to get your water and do your chore/etc in a different room.

@SERmom3 -- To increase activity level, could you listen to a book instead of read it? If so, you could listen while stretching, gardening, doing yoga, etc.

@aubyshortcake -- don't you just hate blue moods!! Put on some Queen really loud, Bohemian Rhapsody, and do jumping jacks, or go outside if the sun is shining and skip (yes, skip) to the end of the block and back. Doing something fun or silly can help, being in the sunshine can help. One thing that works for me is to watch a few comedy vids on YouTube ... favorites are Jeanne Robertson and Bill Engvall

Online shopping is a neccesity right now, im just trying to limit it because its taking over my days in an unhealthy way :/ its also a lifeline so definitely a conundrum!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft
    1. Drink one water bottle 👎
    2. One kitchen chore ✔ ✔ ✔
    3. Bed by 10 👎
    4. QT with DH 👎
    5. No more online shopping 👎
    6. Call dad again ✔ still didn't connect though...
    7. Ask for help if you need it ✔
    8. Shower ✔

Jft
    1. Drink two water bottles
    2. One kitchen chore
    3. Bed by 10
    4. QT with DH
    5. Limit online shopping
    6. Call dad again
    7. Ask for help if you need it
    8. Nap
    9. Order meat package
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Online shopping is a neccesity right now, im just trying to limit it because its taking over my days in an unhealthy way :/ its also a lifeline so definitely a conundrum!

I hear that!! I've been in full lockdown (72, compromised lungs, etc) since 2nd week in March. Online shopping is one of my very few pleasures. Mostly, I just order food to be delivered from Walmart. But occasionally order something fun. I needed new cushions for my outdoor glider and chairs and not able to get locally. Happily spent a lot of time searching, evaluating, etc and finally buying. But since I live on a fixed income, I too have to be prudent and not let it become a problem. :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM walk. STUDENT CALLS.
    3. Answer student emails. Grade any make-up work. Find ER bill and call for itemized list of charges.
    4. Lunch: omelet or leftovers. Yoga with core/balance work. Email guidance counselors about failures.
    5. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Garden: 30 min. Watch Cirque documentary with D.
    6. Color! Check start of term plans; incorporate blogs? Post: Public or private?
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z. Move end table to beside bed.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Saturday: edit blog posts to make sure that the continue link is after a return. Next Thursday: USATestPrep. and Galileo.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 194.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
    Monday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, 😀
    2. pill😀
    3. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge😀
    4. On computer, video ready at 0655😀
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean😀
    6. Walk/bike = ??😀—walked 45 min
    7. Lunch= salad + chicken 😀
    8. Dinner = homemade TV dinner😀
    9. Legs, Abs, stretches 😀—but did arns
    10. Write card for sister 👿
    11. Meditate👿
    12. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30👿

So Sunday turned into a backslide. Didn’t feel well and that sent me into a full fledged binge. Undid all the work of last week and more. So frustrating. But I’m back on track today. New goal for May (and rest of April)—healthy quantity of food everyday. (No huge swings one way or the other)

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,weigh, hair, pets,pill
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge
    3. On computer, video ready at 0655
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt +almond Kashi
    5. Lunch= salad + chicken
    6. Walk or bike after work
    7. Dinner = family food
    8. Legs, Abs, stretches
    9. Write card for sister
    10. Meditate
    11. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌸
    My Daily Goal: cardio or strength training, any duration
    April: 15, 16, 17,19,20, 21,22,23,24,25
    🌺🌹🌸🌷🌼🌺🌷🌸🌹🌼
    🌷

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the chance to start anew after a backslide.

WOTY: Habits
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

27/04 JFT - I won’t snack after work - Failed.

28/04 Perhaps baby steps are in order, so JFT - weigh and log everything before I eat

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Monday goals
    Stay green✅
    No beer✅
    no ice cream✅
    No M&Ms✅
    Make nice dinner 😃wife beat me tt
    Short sufferfest after dinner✅✅ did a harder one instead
    14 pull-ups❌
    Push-ups 35 ✅✅✅did 50!
    30 minutes on Nordic track❌

Yesterday went pretty good. I made wise food choices, work went well, had good work out and had nice bonus family chill time. Had a few things I didn’t get to check off but feel like I made up for them in other areas so I’m good.

@cesse47 those were some neat ideas....think I may try some of them. I especially like the single serving M&m idea and distraction ideas.

Goals for Tuesday
    No beer
    no ice cream
    No M&Ms
    Make nice dinner
    1.5 sweet spot trainer ride
    14 pull-ups
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @cesse47 - I appreciate the idea. I do use audio books and I’m a podcast junkie, but I have a few paperbacks I got from the library before the lockdown I’m trying to finish. My biggest “issue” is homeschooling. It’s like transitioning to a desk job. Yesterday I sat for hours making worksheets and organizing the emails/computer activities for the kids. I’m not used to that. I used to be on my feet all day. I never sat down!

MONDAY:
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Log everything 🟢/ Stay green🔴
    - Exercise (lifting routine)🔴
    - Normal chores🟢
    - Pick something to organize🔴
    - Prep May budget🔴
    - Complete product reviews🔴
    - B’s teacher project🔴

I didn’t get much of my list accomplished, but I did a lot for the girls and went grocery shopping which is always an event these days!

JFT TUESDAY:
    - Homeschool
    - Log everything/Stay green
    - Exercise (lifting & cardio) today
    - 3 teacher appreciation videos
    - B teacher meeting
    - E virtual dance
    - Either organize something or complete product reviews.

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    To earn a flower, I must:
    1) Log everything 2) Stay green 3) Exercise
    April 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,25,26
    🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸

Be well! 💕