ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 145May

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    Fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Failed to post this morning but at least I’m trying to get back into a routine!
    Spring flower challenge
    April 14, 15 17 18 19 20 22 23 26 27 May 14 15
    πŸ’πŸ’ πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

• vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    Walk
    Weigh & Measure everything I eat
    Zoom services with my synagogue community
    Call friend
    Move camping gear to garage
    Cook dinner
    Log
    Read posts
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    WOTD: Hope
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @kuhl50 - I have never really meal planned but I think that would really help if I did it. Sometimes I wish I only had my own meals to worry about and didn’t have to worry about hubby’s moods and whims too.

@TerriRichardson112 - I dread when my grandchildren get older. I only hope that they are as close to me as I was to my grandparents even through my teen years and you do adulthood.
    I so agree with you on the β€œdoom and gloom” I have stopped watching the news. I of course have to keep up with some things as it pertains to my work and what restrictions are being lifted but I have started just reading the update from our government each day and leaving it at that. It has helped a lot!

@teigansdad - I would love if my hubby every texted me for a list to pick up on way home!

@clicketykeys - are you having to teach online? How is it going?

@aubyshortcake - I do that mindless eating in the evening too. I do well all day and when Rodger goes to bed I decide to eat and eat. I know this isn’t healthy and tell myself I’m stopping and don’t. I know I can do it, because I have in the past. I just need to get back to that discipline.

@pridesabtch - good job! Sucks on the insomnia though.

@cschmitz110515 - I need to start doing the 5 somethings again too. I still have the little sign in the bathroom that is supposed to remind me to do them. I also need to get back to logging faithfully. The good, the bad, the ugly and the really ugly.

Had a fairly decent day today, got to move a little further at work because I delivered treats to the residents today. Then this afternoon in honour of nurses week all staff were given an ice cream bar and a T-shirt.

I am not really looking forward to the long weekend, I find the weekends so long without having the Grandkids around or being able to go anywhere. Although a lot is reopening here we were reminded today of where we work and how important it is to keep up the practices we have become accustomed to to keep the residents safe.

I will check in again tomorrow night!

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Daily habits: track, πŸ˜€exercise, πŸ˜€journalπŸ˜€

Friday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0630, pill, weigh, pets, pill πŸ˜€
    2. Breakfast = yogurt + berries + KashiπŸ˜€
    3. Lunch = salad + chickenπŸ˜€
    4. Walk at 5pmπŸ˜€
    5. Strength, abs, yogaπŸ˜€
    6. Dinner = family food or β€œTV dinnerβ€πŸ˜€
    7. Upstairs by 10πŸ˜€
    8. JournalπŸ˜€
    9. Meditate πŸ˜€
    10. Lights out 1045πŸ˜€

Today was a good day for self-efficacy. I met every commitment to myself. I realized on my walk that’s what really matters to me right nowβ€”feeling confident and proud of my choices and habits regardless how slow results may come. So I need to keep setting reasonable, baby goals, and keep hitting them for success.

Happy Saturday!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
    Saturday Action Plan
    1. No alarm wake, pill, weigh,pets,pill
    2. Breakfast = pumpkin pancakes
    3. Lunch = salad + chicken(?-or get takeout ?
    4. Long walk
    5. Abs, yoga
    6. Cut up steak for lunches
    7. Mom backyard social distanced visit (remember gift!)
    8. Meal plan (while driving)
    9. Figure out graduation gift
    10. Upstairs by 10
    11. Journal
    12. Meditate
    13. Lights out 1045

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌸
    My Daily Goal: cardio or strength training, any duration
    April: 15, 16, 17,19,20, 21,22,23,24,25
    🌺🌹🌸🌷🌼🌺🌷🌸🌹🌼
    27,28,30 May 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    🌷🌼🌺🌹🌸🌷🌼🌹🌺🌸
    9, 12, 13,14,15
    🌸🌺🌷🌼🌹

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for the chance to start new each day. Even if one day has been rough, the ending of the next day is up to me.

WOTY: Habits
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I know what you mean! For meal planning I had to give up and realize that often my DH will make whatever he feels like (or thinks the girls will like), so I either have to pre-plan my daily food to β€œafford” a serving of his meal, or else have parallel food ready. If I remember, I’ll pre-plan to roast veggies, and then just have a small serving of the protein he makes. Another thing I’ve done is make batches of protein and veggies and then freeze them as single serve β€œtv dinners”. If DH meal looks too caloric, I can grab a TV dinner. But if my freezer stock is low, or I didn’t order veggies, that doesn’t work as well. But either way, if I think through the week, how each evening will probably go (will I have time to prep something, will he be home, etc), create a grocery list to support good eating, then I enter dinner time with a plan rather than just hunger...Good Luck!
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    15/05
    15k steps πŸ‘ 21k in lovely weather
    7hrs sleep πŸ‘
    Track everything πŸ‘
    Stay within calorie target πŸ˜πŸ‘ on a Friday!

Happy Saturday all,
    Looking forward to having a picnic (salad) on a bike ride with husband today.

JFT- 15k steps
    7hrs sleep
    Track everything
    Stay within calorie target

I hope everyone is well x

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY:
    - Homeschool🟒
    - Yearbook edits🟒
    - Log everything/ stay green by 100πŸŸ’πŸ”΄
    - Exercise (cardio & weights)🟒🟒
    - House chores🟒
    - Organize toys in living room🟒
    - Clean bathroomπŸ”΄

I was up late editing the yearbook and made the fateful decision of having a treat before bed. That put me in the red. Thank goodness my birthday treat is almost gone. (Local food truck that delivers ingredients for ice cream sandwiches. So good! 🀀).

JFT SATURDAY:
    - Yearbook edits (finish cover page)
    - Exercise (cardio)
    - Log everything / stay green
    - House chores (but not too much. It’s supposed to be beautiful today! β˜€οΈ)

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    To earn a flower, I must:
    1) Log everything 2) Stay green 3) Exercise
    APRIL 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,25,26,28,30
    🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺 (11)
    MAY 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13
    🌻🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺🌻🌸🌼🌺

Be well! πŸ’•
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🌺🌸🌼 15 April to 31 May 🌼🌸🌺

My Daily Goal -- 30+ minutes of intentional exercise -- 🌺🌸🌼🌸🌺🌼🌸🌼🌸🌺🌸🌼-0-0-0-🌺🌼🌸🌺-0-0
    🌺🌸-0-0-🌼🌸-0-

JFT Goals for Saturday, May 16, 2020

Log everything; Be mindful of everything I eat - try for lower carb/sodium choices; drink 8+ water
    Do 30 min Chair Yoga
    Do stretching video in full
    Work 15 min on Dining Room ceiling light -- blades in progress
    Dining Room -- declutter, sweep floor, vacuum, mop floor -- work in 15 min chunks - still decluttering

The Plan: Do stretches. work in Dining Room. Do yoga. work in Dining Room. Do meal prep for lunch & dinner; do dishes. Do 5 min walking program. work in Dining Room. Play on computer for a bit ... do 15 minute chore (DR - ceiling fan/light) ... repeat.

Had a 4 lb gain after my indulgences last weekend. Thought I'd have it off by today but NOPE ... still have a bit hanging on!! So, need to make very careful food choices, exercise a bit more, and drink a lot more water so I will, hopefully, kick it before weigh-in next Saturday.

Supposed to be partly sunny and in the 60's today in Michigan ... YEA!! ... so hope to get outside to plant my trilliams in my little patch of them. If it's warm enough, maybe I'll have lunch outside.

Hope Y'all have a fun weekend!! 😊
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Teaching online is a challenge - but so is teaching in a classroom. Just a challenge of a different sort. I haven't done any instruction through Facetime or Zoom or anything like that, though we use Zoom for our meetings.

Language arts isn't TOO hard to do online, because a lot of it is reading and writing, and students can do that online. I'm glad I'd had them do several presentations already, though, because presenting to a camera is VERY different from presenting to a live audience. And then of course group discussions are very different online; they're less dynamic.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap F 5/15
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks from basement to 2nd floor = Fitbit 15,910 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 43 floors :smiley:
    2) Not sure about supper / net calories green / 14c water = Threw together quick supper (some leftovers, some cooking) & snacked after supper ~ ack! Net cals -186 :s sodium -363 :/ sugar -28 >:) fiber excellent :smiley: protein ok-ish :neutral: 14c water :)
    3) Work from home :) / Facebook Live noon :) / email daily & weekly status updates to manager :)
    4) Grocery shop :) / laundry :)
    5) Walk dog on beautiful spring day = 3.8 mi 1:06 (ran into RJ, nice to see people out again) & stretched B) happy dog & happy me
    6) Floss / retainers :s:s just too lazy

JFT F 5/15
    1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks from basement to 2nd floor
    2) Not sure about meals / net calories green / 14c water
    3) Walk dog & log virtual race miles
    4) Wash hubby's work clothes & hang outside / wash dishes :smiley: / refill bird baths / set up rain barrels (in time for tomorrow's rainy day)
    5) Enjoy time with hubby
    6) Floss / retainers

My state (WI) was in chaos for two days: the state Supreme Court overturned Gov's safer at home extension order, then counties & cities issued their own orders. Now those orders are mostly rescinded, since legal counselors advise they won't stand up to a legal challenge. I just wish all the partisanship would end, and people would do what's right for everyone health-wise. My employer (a sovereign nation) affirmed yesterday their Safer at Home Declaration remains in effect until June 11. Businesses are starting to reopen, but I'm not comfortable going to them. I'll definitely be shopping wearing a mask, and certainly not going to eat in a restaurant or pub. Hubby and I will continue to order take away.

On the bright side, today I'm walking in a virtual race, there's no set miles. We just log whatever miles we do. I'm planning on walking close to 5 miles. The event is donating a pair of shoes to a healthcare or janitorial worker for every 50 miles participants log in total. I was able to nominate my hubby as a potential recipient for shoes, so that was cool. I hope he is selected!

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE
    🌸🌼🌷πŸ₯€ Earn a flower each day πŸŒΊπŸ’πŸŒ»πŸŒΉ
    From 15 April to 31 May (47 days)

Daily Goal: net calories green
    April: 15, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28, 30 [7X] pitiful
    🌸🌼🌷πŸ₯€πŸŒΊπŸ’πŸŒ»
    May: 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11,12, 13 [8X]
    🌹🌸🌼🌷πŸ₯€πŸŒΊπŸ’πŸŒ»

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Walked 5.08 miles in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 with Cayenne in the virtual RonaRunOff. Event miles of each participant will be aggregated and, for every 50 miles, a pair of shoes will be donated to an area healthcare or janitorial worker. I had the opportunity to nominate my hubby Stan for the shoes. I hope he gets selected!
    You may notice I'm wearing my most recent 10K shirt from March, which was virtual as well. The race sponsor was a local craft beer brewery. I love the fine print: Will Run for Beer! Unfortunately this year, there was no free beer at the finish line. o9781izczd6c.jpg