JFT - Saturday June 13
    1L of water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Sunday June 14
    1L of water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@ZizzyBumble - sorry to read your Mom is failing. It’s so hard to lose a parent.

@HEGoddard0928 - your laundry tale has reminded me I still have clothes sitting in the dryer and on top of it. I guess I should do run them through again so they aren’t wrinkled and put them away today.

There was more, but I didn’t make notes sorry everyone.

Today I have no real plans and am not looking forward to a day of nothing. I am missing my Grands and May see if my daughter wants to come out for a bit. It is sunny so we can visit on the deck while the kids play.

• fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you've all had good weekends. I managed my goals of getting out for a walk in the morning and logging all my calories. I stayed in the green (just) but had to go out for a short extra walk last night to manage it! Still working out whether to eat back my exercise calories, at the moment I feel like I need to, but I'm hoping the scales keep going down.

Congratulations on the anniversary @Snowflake1968 - that's fantastic! Sorry to hear you're missing friends/family. I went out to visit my parents today and sat in their garden, but it's really weird not being able to hug them.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Late logging in today but want to keep myself accountable...

Recap Sat. 6/13
    1) Farmers market 7 a.m. = Got there 7:20 & bought my fresh produce, fish & bread :smiley: forgot eggs (with new layout for social distancing & early days of market, still learning locations of favorite vendors)
    2) Walk dog = 4.51 mi 1:17 ran into RJ so happy dog & happy me B) minimal stretching after
    3) Net calories green / 14c water = Fast food after church for supper & evening peanut M&Ms so net cals -729 >:) sodium -1275 :s sugar -94 >:) fiber low :( protein good :) 8c water :s
    4) Buy flowers for planters nope hubby and I had a lazy quiet day home instead & felt wonderful! :)
    5) Parking lot church service 5 p.m.? :smiley: yep hubby too. Even pre-registered online (new thing) for communion after, socially distanced from others of course (first time since mid-March)
    6) Floss / retainers :s:s SO lazy about this!

JFT Sun. 6/14
    1) Walk dog = 5.09 mi 1:25:07 ave. pace 16:43 & stretched B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Home chores :smiley: lots of outside chores done!
    3) Make asparagus & shrimp with angel hair for supper / net calories green / 14c WATER
    4) FLOSS / RETAINERS

After I took long, brisk walk with dog this morning, hubby and I ordered take out for brunch and ate on patio. Absolutely gorgeous day, sunny, light breeze, a little cool, but great for yardwork. Hubby's work clothes & darks washed & drying outside. Cleaned up several birdfeeders that needed it, realized hummer feeder was already empty so made more syrup, and refilled all feeders. Depooped yard so hubby could mow. Helped hubby trim trees (I can do the lower branches, higher ones are his). While he mowed I weeded landscaping stones (a task I hate) on north & south sides of house. Swept a million maple tree whirlybirds off patio. Refilled birdseed containers in garage. Made quick stop at gas station & grocery store (hubby stayed in car & dog whimpered when I went in). Weeded front roses while hubby downloaded CDs in his SUV. Organized for supper. Whew! Now it's time to relax before bringing in laundry & making supper. I hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday!

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run: ten friggin miles. Mail PAGE renewal. Call Vanguard. Call James. Call about blood work.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations. Take recycling?
    4. Lunch: wrap. Write a blog post - album? Email Dr. Bates. 1 hr writing.
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup. Vanguard fund. Write letter to B.
    6. Color! 1 hr reading.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Call to RS PCP from July to September. Tues 23 writing group via Zoom. Tues Library - exchange books.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 192.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    3wk40x01efu7.jpeg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!

JFT Sun 14 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Affirmations
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷105
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, jogging
      Strength: > 10🌷legs
      Flex: >10🌷General stretches
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500😏 7869
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷10
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do today:
      🌷meditation✅ Write journal✅
      🌷review goals✅ Watch TV✅
      🌷Laundry ✅ Payed Sudoku ✅
      🌷Skype with family✅
    • jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      Options
      JFT - Sunday
      15k steps👍
      Log everything👍
      Stay within calorie target👍
      7hrs sleep 👎

JFT - Monday
      15k steps
      Log everything
      Stay within calorie target
      Run/mow lawn after work

Have a good Monday everyone - a new week! X

• bookmeister86
      bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
      Options
      Morning all! First day of two days' leave going very nicely so far. Had a nice lie in and read my book. Going to take it easy but also find some time to do productive things as well. It's nice and sunny so will try to spend some decent time outside as well.

- Log everything I eat :smile:
      - Be in the green :smile:
      - Look into fixing toilet (currently having to flush it with a bucket...) :smile: Toilet being fixed by plumber while I post! (Well actually he has just gone off to 'get some parts'... Hopefully he will not be long as I do actually need to use the toilet
      - Sort out internet router :smile:
      - Find a place for big screen to live :smile:

Today's goals:

- Log everything I eat
      - Be in the green
      - Do some life planning
      - Sort emails
      - Ring EE

• littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
      Options
      I did it at last...logged everything and was in the green...on a Sunday!!! I did have one treat, first ice cream this year :) I paid attention to how hungry (or not) I felt and ate accordingly.
      I also did some gardening and walked 30 minutes.

@TerriRichardson112, you are so right, we are worth the effort. You are an inspiration!
      When I first started walking some years ago, not only did I build up my time slowly, but I went out in the dark so no-one would see me lol. I'm desperate to feel lighter on my feet again, I just feel so heavy right now.

JFT Monday 15th June

Log everything
      Be in the green
      Back exercises
      Walk
      Do some gardening
      Finances
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Sunday: everything logged.
      Monday: log everything.
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
      Options

JFT Saturday
      - Sleep in :smiley:
      - Eat breakfast with family :smiley:
      - Pick up youngest from sleepover :smiley:
      - Go for a short bike ride :neutral: it rained so I walked
      - Get ready to go out of town :smiley:
      - Enjoy the time with hubby :smiley:
      - Log everything :smiley:
      - Stay green :(

Have a great day y'all!

Went out of town for a date night Sat/Sun. I still logged, but went over both days by a few hundred, still within maintenance. This totally messes with my head. Even though I planned it, I still feel like I've failed. It has always been the beginning of the end for me. If I can't be perfect, I just give up. Hoping self awareness will trump self sabotage this go around.

Anyway, other than my freak out over food we had a lovely weekend. I'm still not sleeping well, but there are worse things in the world right now.

JFT Monday
      - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley: Skipped the yummy doughnuts in the break room. Yea me!
      - Get head out of *kitten* and do what I need to do to be healthy
      - Work on Quality Manual
      - Call about repair of MiniPV
      - On plan lunch. Hubby is bringing me food.
      - Some kind of activity after work
      - Log everything
      - Stay Green
      - Bed by 11:30

Y'all stay healthy mentally & physically!

• Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
      Options
      JFT - Sunday June 14
      1L of water - :)
      Log all Food - >:)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Monday June 15
      1L of water
      Log all Food
      Gratitude Journal

@TerriRichardson112 - I used to walk during TV ads, but now I fast forward through them. I need to start that habit again. Thanks for the reminder.

@hypersensitiveb1975 - Welcome

@kuhl50 - Good luck, that is a hard one. I watch too much tv and munch too much when I'm at it. I think it's a habit a lot of people have.

@littleblackskirt - 30 Minutes is awesome for the first walk in a while.

@pridesabtch - "If I can't be perfect, I just give up", I used to do the same and over the last two years on this group I realized that that was the easy way out for me. If I just keep trying everyday I will get there. Now, my problem is to not let myself think "I'll do better tomorrow" too many days in a row. It is such a delicate balance.

I think I'm going to put in for some vacation days today. I am tired and need a break from here if for no other reason that to get away from Covid for a few days. I don't have any place to go, or money to do anything but even sitting at home enjoying the time away will be good for me I think.

It will be probably next month, my daughter and her husband close on their house on July 15th, I think I'll take some time off to help them move. That will give me something to do.

I have 15 days to use, 2 has to be used by Dec 31st and the other 13 by March 31st. We aren't allowed to carry over from one year to the next without special permission.

It is raining here this morning, but the sun is supposed to be out around suppertime so hopefully I can get a walk in tonight.

Have a great day everyone.
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options

JFT, 6/14/20

- QT with Godmom :smiley:I was there for five hours! It was great though. I really enjoyed my time there. I hadn't realized how much I missed her and my godfather.
      - Healthy dinner :neutral:I guess? Maybe? It was the Caesar salad I got from the pizzeria the night before. It was big so I used a decent amount of dressing which had to be seriously unhealthy but I logged it the best I could.
      - Finish cleaning out the oven! :disappointed:
      - Wipe down the top of the stove :disappointed:
      - Only two glasses of wine :disappointed:More like 4 cups
      - Have something ready to eat when Matt gets home(he's out at 8pm but has to be back at 7am) :neutral:The chicken I was cooking took FOREVER to cook so it was more like a half-hour after he got home.

I had a great time at Godmommy's house. Matt had a decent day at work. Today his store is opened back up for the first time since March 19th. They haven't been advertising that it's open because they don't want to get mobbed with people so I'm hoping that he's doing okay.

Matt was up really late playing video games with a friend of ours who just got home from protesting in Philly. Matt ended up drinking too much and came to bed drunk. Lol. It was pretty funny. But we stayed up for 2 hours in the middle night, in the pitch-black room, and just talked and joked around. It was pretty nice. We got a few things cleared up. It was a good productive talk, even if he was kinda drunk. Lol. The major downside was that he only got two hours of sleep before his alarm went off. Now he's paying for it. Lol. He closes his store tomorrow though so he'll be able to sleep in.

I ended up spending most of my evening reading after I got home from my visit. That was really nice too. I've been trying to spend more time reading and not just staring at the tv while Matt plays his games and it seems like I might have finally broken through that barrier. We'll see if it continues. I also want to spend some more time writing too. I haven't written anything in weeks and its depressing me. I'm going to try and do some of that today.

JFT, 6/15/20

- JFT
      - clean out the inside of the oven
      - wipe down the top of the stove
      - do SOMETHING with my story(write...outline...SOMETHING)
      - figure out dinner
      - only 2 glasses of wine!
      - hit my step goal

I think that's it. I have a cat laying on my arm and half of my keyboard so it's very hard to type right now. Lol