Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run - 5 miles. Call about blood work. Call to RS PCP from July to September.
    3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations.
    4. Lunch: wrap. Write a blog post - album? Email Dr. Bates. 30 min garden.
    5. Write a letter. Dinner: burgers. 1 hr reading.
    6. Color! Watch ATLA. 1 hr writing.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    End of April: 192.6
    End of May: 191.8
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. I'm going to try to limit my Facebook time to 1 hour each day. We'll see how that goes!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch YAAYYYY!!! I am so SO proud of you for that bike ride! You better be yourself too! Like everyone else has been saying, it'll get easier next time because you've already done it once. You know you can do it now.

@Snowflake1968 A first house is so exciting! I hope they can move in on time and that your SIL can take a breather from working so hard. I hope that your government lets you go to NB sooner than next year. Seeing family is so important!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Today is Matt's first day back to work since he left last week to get tested for Covid. It came back negative but his boss said he was going to give him all of this week off. Well, obviously that didn't happen. Lol. It's going to be an easy day for him today though. He's just building bikes. His store reopens on Monday. I'm not excited about it because his store is always incredibly busy and there is much more of a chance he will get sick. Speaking of sick, he's feeling better from the meds but I don't know if the doctor gave him a long enough course of the antibiotic because his tonsils are still a bit swollen. If they still are by the time he's done with them I'm gonna make him go to the urgent care and get more. But hopefully, that doesn't need to happen. He's breathing is easier now because his airway is clearer because his tonsils have reduced in size pretty significantly. He barely slept last night. It was more like morning, to be honest. And he's been dealing with some mental health issues but honestly, I'm not surprised.

I'm just me. There isn't really anything new with me. Lol. I'm just trudging along. The most exciting thing about my day is that I unclogged our toilet. Lol. It's a new one and I didn't realize that the reason our plunger wasn't working is because the drain shape is different. So I went to home depot, picked up a new plunger, a drain snake, and some toilet bowl drain unclogger because I wasn't sure what I was going to need. The plunger got it fixed in less than 15 seconds. :expressionless: Lol. So yeah...that's been my morning. Lol

I'm gonna put up a few goals and see what I can actually get done. It's not going to be anything too outrageous though. Lol.

JFT, 6/11/20

- Go to Home Depot :smiley:
    - Drop off rent :smiley:
    - Dishwasher
    - Gather clothes for laundry tomorrow
    - NO WINE(This one is going to be hard)
    - 1 fruit/1 veggie

That's it I think. Have a wonderful afternoon my friends!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 So sorry your family meet-up has been derailed by covid. I hope you are able to keep in touch on the web. Not ideal, but better than nothing. (((Hugs)))
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - Thanks Terri, I have been able to do some Facebook videochats with my Mom. Her home sets them up for her and we chat for a few minutes every couple of weeks. The rest of the family we keep in contact with via phone and good old Facebook LOL
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    🌹WELCOME @rhododendron33

Thank you so much! I look forward to keeping active around here!

Yesterday's JFT, 6/10:
    -Stay green! 😀
    -Meet your water goal😀
    -Complete your exercise routine🤨 - I did about half of what I wanted to, but it's something!
    -Get your garden planted and watered😀 We've got radishes, garlic, cucumbers, and a couple of different herbs in the ground! I'm so excited to see how these plants do!
    -Finish paperwork🤨 Just one more form to do then send in!
    -Make. The. Call!😀

Today's JFT, 6/11:
    -Stay green!
    -Meet your water goal
    -Meet your exercise goal
    -Bathe the dog
    -Do the dishes (yes, all of them!)
    -Water the garden
    -Finish the current color on my crossstitch project
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    3wk40x01efu7.jpeg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻

JFT Wed 10 June:
      Still exercising mostly indoors
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Affirmations
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷68
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, aerobics
      Strength: > 10🌷glutei/thighs
      Flex: >10🌷Gentle stretching
      Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500😏 8193
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷10
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do today:
      🌷meditation✅ Box Hedge trimming ✅
      🌷Write journal✅ Watch TV✅
      🌷Laundry ✅ Sewing✅
      🌷Birthday project for Grandson✅

• jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      Options
      JFT - Thursday
      15k steps👍
      Log everything 👍
      Stay within calorie target 👍
      7hrs sleep👍
      Clean house after work - I’ve really gotten behind with it👍 Upstairs done!
      Online Yoga👍

JFT - Friday
      15k steps
      Log everything
      Stay within calorie target
      7hrs sleep
      Run after work

Have a good day everyone. Yay for Friday!!

• TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @jenwalkingfurther 💖 your consistency.
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
      Options

JFT Thursday 11th June

Log everything yes, almost in the green
      Back exercises yes
      5 fruit and veg 4
      Some jobs for parents yes
      Walk no
      Carry on with finances no

Laziness wasn't speaking loud yesterday, it was shouting from the rooftops! I felt so fatigued that I went to bed in the afternoon. I never sleep during the day! So the finances and walk didn't happen.

JFT Friday 12th June

Log everything
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Finances
      Stay awake!
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      Options
      @Snowflake1968 - I’m lucky my girls are willing learners and don’t give me too much trouble. I’m also lucky that I don’t have a full time job that I’m trying to balance. I was working as a substitute teacher and a singer for weddings and funerals, but that’s not happening for now. I really feel for the parents trying to juggle work responsibilities!

THURSDAY:
      - Homeschool (The girls have back to back meetings all morning. I feel like the IT help desk person on days like this!)🟢
      - Go to school to pick up the girls things 🟢
      - Log everything / stay green🟢🟢
      - Exercise (weights and cardio)🟢🟢
      - Landscaping / mulching🟢

My landscaping project is coming along nicely! I have another section to work on, but it won’t be as rewarding or look as nice as the rest. I’ll be digging out a pile of dirt and weeds to make a new spot for my husband’s pile of scrap material. If I can make a new spot for it, it won’t be so close to the yard and less obvious to visitors.

JFT FRIDAY:
      - Homeschool
      - Laundry! Probably 5 loads or so...😕
      - Food prep
      - Log food / stay green
      - Exercise (cardio)
      - Get house more presentable

Be well! 💕
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Options

Thursday goals
      Stay greens✅
      No m&ms✅
      Beer only if do group night ride which seems unlikely but will limit to 2 max✅
      Tempo ride or social pace night ride w/ friends (weather dependent)✅

Friday
      Today is rest day from bike..Saturday will be torture day with either a 2.5 hr trainer ride or 30 mile trail ride
      Beer only if hang w/ neighbor and 2 max
      Log all calories
      Ok to be in red
      No m&ms
      Stop at store on way home from work
      Mount tv tonight

• HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options
      JFT, 6/11/20

- Go to Home Depot :smiley:
      - Drop off rent :smiley:
      - Dishwasher :smiley:
      - Gather clothes for laundry tomorrow :smiley:
      - NO WINE(This one is going to be hard) :smiley:It helped that I was out of it and it was gross out. I didn't want to have to drive to the liquor store to pick up more. Lol
      - 1 fruit/1 veggie :smiley:I got a fruit bowl from Frutta Bowls for lunch that had a ton of fresh fruit in it so I'm counting that as my fruit goal and I had some broccoli dipped in a single-serve ranch dip cup. Portioned it all out though.

Matt had an overall good day at work yesterday although he came home really sore. He's not used to working again. Except for one day he's been off since the middle of March. So it's no wonder. He'll get his body back in order soon.

I ended up taking two different naps yesterday. Lol. I took one at like 1:30pm, woke up for about 20 minutes at 3:30, and fell back to sleep until Matt got home at 4:30. Lol. But I am proud of myself for getting my few goals done. It wasn't much but it was a building block. Today is going to be a bit more but if I go in not expecting to finish it all then I can't be too disappointed if I don't. Lol.

Onto some goals,

JFT, 6/12/20

- laundry :smiley:
      - JFT :smiley:
      - fold clothes
      - dishwasher
      - bring in water from the car
      - do a workout
      - 64 oz of water
      - figure out dinner (skillet meal?)
      - healthy lunch
      - figure out grill plate
      - NO NAP
    • jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      Options
      @TerriRichardson112 - Thank you! 🌻Your posts are really inspiring.
      Coming on this board every day has really helped me to commit to a new lifestyle. Yay!
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Thursday's logging was a success! Now, on to Friday! Goal, log everything.

I am so glad this community is here, it seems to be exactly what I need at this point.
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,316 Member
      Options
      JFT Thursday (how can it only be Thursday)

- work by 8:00 😄
      - Bring lunch 😁
      - Protein bar for breakfast 😌
      - Work on calibrations in area labs :smiley:
      - Get in 30-60 min of activity today :smiley: 52 minutes on the bike trail
      - Log everything :smiley:
      - Stay green :smiley:
      - No cookies/candy/alcohol :smiley:
      - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a great day y’all!

Really wasn't sure the ride was going to happen yesterday. I was just so tired, but then again, I was supposed to weigh in today, and if I didn't ride, I knew I'd feel guilty. In general, I'm trying to eat on plan, but I get a little too concerned about calories and am a running a little lean. In addition to being low on calories, I'm not sleeping well. I have restless legs syndrome which isn't a big deal, but it makes it very hard to sleep. So I rode, but my ride was lack luster.

Today, I'm going to try to walk at lunch, because we are doing a girls night this evening. I am driving so I'll be good (ish). If I go over calories a bit, it won't be the end of the world as I've been way under the last 4 days.

JFT Friday

- Weigh
      - Meeting at 8:30 :blush: Oops I actually overslept because I didn't reset my alarm this morning and I'm beat.
      - Walk at lunch
      - Moderate eating so I have enough calories for girls night.
      - Log everything
      - Stay green
      - Get cleaned up do hair & makeup
      - Drop kiddo off at sleep over and pick up girl friends for night out
      - Have fun!
      - Max 2 beers

@aubyshortcake: I feel for you. When we are emotionally vulnerable things can hit us in ways we never expected. Don't feel your reactions aren't valid. Love you!

@SERmom3 My kids are also willing learners even at 15 & 17. I consider myself very lucky. The oldest is done with school for the year, but the youngest is taking summer gym & health.

@teigansdad : You are amazing. Great job getting everything in

@littleblackskirt: I don't know that you are lazy, I think you are just spent. You have been dealing with a lot, and the emotional & physical toll that can take is very real. Don't get to down on yourself.

Thanks all for the kudos on my ride. It means a lot that you all believe in me.
    • Kuhl50
      Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
      Options
      Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 😀journal😀
      Thursday Action Plan
      1. Up at 7, pill, weigh, pets, pill😀
      2. Laundry😀
      3. Breakfast = yogurt+Kashi😀
      4. On video by 0755😀
      5. Leg weights + walk at 9😀
      6. Lunch = salad + chicken😀
      7. Dinner = pork + veggies 😀
      8. Make 3 salads😀
      9. Upstairs by 9:00😀
      10. Layout clothes😀
      11. Journal😀
      12. Meditate😀
      13. Lights out 9:45😀

Clean sweep of action plan yesterday! The week has taken its toll, though, I’m physically quite tired and mentally spent too. One more work day, then no alarm for 2 days (yay!). I can be happy that all my small habits are paying off—my losing streak has continued. I’m sure it will level off soon, but glad to ride this out as long as my body is willing.

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Friday Action Plan
      1. Up at 0600, pill, weigh, pets, pill
      2. Video ready 0655
      3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi
      4. Arm Weights at 0800
      5. Lunch = salad + chicken (make the dressing)
      6. Walk at 4:00
      7. Dinner = boboli pizza
      8. Journal
      9. Meditate
      10. Lights out by 10:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
      One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
      1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
      🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
      🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful for all I’ve learned in the past years that helps keep me on my path.

WOTY: Habits
    • cschmitz110515
      cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
      Options
      Hugs to @littleblackskirt and @aubyshortcake! You are not alone. In stressful times, our emotions can really wear us out. I know mine have lately. Sometimes I cry "for no reason" and usually I'm exhausted by bed time. I know everyone's got their own battles to fight, and I have no idea what others may be dealing with, so I'm trying to practice patience, compassion, and kindness, for myself too.

@SERmom3 Your JFT posts are so positive and inspiring! I am so happy you are able to do what you do.

Recap R 6/11
      1) Walk dog = 4.53 mi 1:19:29 & stretched on gorgeous morning, mild temp, sunny & no humidity! B) happy dog & happy me
      2) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor) = Fitbit 16,388 / 250+ 12/14 (lost track of time) / 43 floors :smiley:
      3) Net calories green / 14c water = After supper wanted something sweet so ate 2 Girl Scout cookies with lowest calories. I checked every package! Also checked Nutrients on MFP beforehand to make sure I didn't go overboard. Net cals -36 :D sodium -829 (expected) sugar -10 :# fiber excellent :smiley: protein good :) 12c water
      4) Work at home :) / maybe submit all records requests for review (new requirement since work at home, no idea why) = complicated for this audit & more time-consuming from home than I expected / in process :D
      5) Make rhubarb crisp :# come on! / wash dishes :D decided to run dishwasher for once / wash towels :) / another chore :)
      6) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: didn't want to, but couldn't report another fail on JFT

JFT F 6/12 ~ rest day
      1) Move hourly / REMEMBER 5 somethings / stairs breaks (basement to 2nd floor)
      2) Net calories green / 14c water
      3) Work at home / Facebook Live noon / submit daily & weekly updates / back up work from home folder
      4) More home chores ~ already have a few small ones done!
      5) Make rhubarb crisp!
      6) Floss / retainers

Today I woke up without an alarm at 6 a.m. Who is this person?!? More surprising because it's cloudy & dreary, high temp may reach 64(F) and we've had rain sprinkles again. Looks like we're having a repeat of our record-setting rainy spring last year. Our rain barrels are certainly keeping full. No dog walk this morning, and I decided to make today my rest day. TGIF!

2020 Goals:
      1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
      2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
      3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
      4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
      5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
      6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace"
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June
      Word for 2020: Persist
    • Snowflake1968
      Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
      Options
      JFT - Thursday June 11
      1L of water - :)
      Log all Food - :)
      Gratitude Journal - :)

JFT - Friday June 12
      1L of water
      Log all Food
      Gratitude Journal

@littleblackskirt - I hope your rest energized you for today. I think this whole world situation is fraying on our nerves I have been sleeping a lot more on the weekends and would during the week if I could. There is an underlying stress we're all experiencing.

@sermom3 - I don't know how these parents are doing it. I walked into our break room yesterday and two of our staff were in there on the phones with their children talking them through schoolwork. They can't expect their childcare providers to take on this task, but the schools still expect meetings and such. It must be so difficult.

@aubyshortcake - That would be a difficult email to read and how would you ever respond to it? Sorry you had such a rough day and I hope today is much better for you. What does your company make/do?

@teigansdad - How do you do it for 2.5 hours? My husband was doing that before the world shut down but I can't do it.

@HEGoddard0928 - I bet Matt was sore, he will be happy to get back into a routine I bet.
      It seems yesterday was the day for naps. I seriously wanted a nap in the evening last night which is a bad idea. I went for a walk instead and just as I turned the corner there was a guy napping on his front porch. I thought for a minute about going back and doing the same, but I kept going and walked 4.91km. I just didn't feel like going the extra little bit near the house to get it to 5 like I normally do.

@jenwalkingfurther and @merope2 - I credit this group and losing 25lbs to this group. My failure came when I quit posting regularly around Christmas and now am trying to lose the same 25lbs again.

@pridesabtch - I read a quote a couple of years ago that has helped me on those lacklustre days. It was something along the lines of "no matter how slow you go, you're still lapping the guy on the couch". I truly believe any movement is better than none. A girls night sounds awesome!

@kuhl50 - I am having one of those weeks as well. Work is stressful, my cousin/best friend had skin surgery this week, I haven't seen my Grands, money is starting to be a worry. I found out that for sure I won't be going to see my Mom in NB this year. I think we all just need to have some "normalcy", it's been a long haul.

@cschmitz110515 - this summer is shaping up to be as wet as last summer here, is it for you too? We should at least be able to have a decent summer since the rest of the year has been so crappy.

I saw a meme last night that summed up all of my feelings. I don't have the meme here to share, but the words are:
      "GONNA ASK MY MOM IF THAT OFFER TO SLAP ME INTO NEXT YEAR IS STILL ON THE TABLE".

My Mom never threatened me with that, but I love it.
      Have a great day everyone! It's FRIDAY!

• suzij27
      suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
      Options
      Hi. I need to feel connected to my MFP goals, so I’m joining in. Hi everyone!

JFT - I am going to focus on plant based and unprocessed foods, and lean protein. I will log everything.

I was on track for 5 weeks and in a great place mentally but have been slipping and sliding this week. 😋 I’m not going to go into huge details today, because I want to focus on the positive but will elaborate if I need to vent. I wrote in my journal this morning and will as needed during the day. I’m going to eat breakfast and then workout.

One QQ - what does “stay in the green” mean? 😋