Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    @suzij27: In the green means that you have calories left at the end of the day. This shows up as a green figure in your food diary and/or on your dashboard on your Page.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,485 Member
    Options
    suzij27 wrote: »
    Hi. I need to feel connected to my MFP goals, so I’m joining in. Hi everyone!

JFT - I am going to focus on plant based and unprocessed foods, and lean protein. I will log everything.

I was on track for 5 weeks and in a great place mentally but have been slipping and sliding this week. 😋 I’m not going to go into huge details today, because I want to focus on the positive but will elaborate if I need to vent. I wrote in my journal this morning and will as needed during the day. I’m going to eat breakfast and then workout.

One QQ - what does “stay in the green” mean? 😋

Welcome! This thread is great for support and accountability.

Staying Green means at the end of the day on your Food Log, your net calories are positive, as indicated by a green number on MFP. If the number is a negative red, then you ate more than MFP calculated for your day. Here's an example of Net Cals Green:

7n86q59fcx06.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    xun6nryso54r.jpeg
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Friday 12 June

Goodnight everyone

Sorry no goals or posts yesterday or today. My mum is declining rapidly and the days have been taken up with visits from medical professionals. I’m tired and sad and therefore struggling to meet my usual goals.

Good luck with all your endeavours, I will do my best to keep on track.

That sounds really tough. Well done for checking in. Thinking of you x

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I saw a meme last night that summed up all of my feelings. I don't have the meme here to share, but the words are:
    "GONNA ASK MY MOM IF THAT OFFER TO SLAP ME INTO NEXT YEAR IS STILL ON THE TABLE".

Love it!
    rgzu02llhkyd.png

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble (((Hugs))) Will keep you both in my thoughts. 💕💖💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    3wk40x01efu7.jpeg
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.

JFT Wed 10 June:
      Still exercising mostly indoors
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷Affirmations
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷86
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, jogging
      Strength: > 10🌷glutei/thighs
      Flex: >10🌷Tai Chi
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷barely! Ate back most of my exercise calories. Definitely not worth it as I now have severe belly ache. Self inflicted, so no sympathy!!!
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500😏 8266
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷10
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do today:
      🌷meditation✅ Write a poem ✅
      🌷Write journal✅ Watch TV✅ Tai Chi✅
      🌷Laundry ✅ Payed Freecell✅
      🌷Birthday project for Grandson✅
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      JFT Saturday
      1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
      2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. AM run - 3 miles. Mail check.
      3. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Check green room for paintbrushes and donations. Garden 10-3
      4. Lunch: wrap. Write a blog post - album? Email Dr. Bates. 1 hr writing.
      5. Write a letter. Dinner: soup. Vanguard fund. Write letter to B. Email JB about GSuite.
      6. Color! Watch ATLA. 1 hr reading.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Writing: Album post. Message Z.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Check on free NAIE membership? Monday: Call about blood work. Call to RS PCP from July to September. Tues 23 writing group via Zoom.

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
      6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? left toe joints. Sleep center 778 3316.
      7. Theater: 1984.
      8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Google Hangout.
      12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
    • rhododendron33
      rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
      Options
      Better late than never! I'll recap yesterday, and talk about today so far/what's left!

Yesterday's JFT, 6/11:
      -Stay green! 😀
      -Meet your water goal🙁
      -Meet your exercise goal😀
      -Bathe the dog🙁
      -Do the dishes (yes, all of them!)🙁
      -Water the garden😀
      -Finish the current color on my crossstitch project🙁
      It was a pretty low motivation day, I was pretty stuck in my head and didn't have the energy to do much. Oh well, today is a new day!

Today's JFT, 6/12:
      -Stay green!
      -Meet your water goal
      -Meet your exercise goal😀 Finished this one early, did three miles worth this morning! I might do a little bit more tonight, we'll see!
      -Bathe the dog😀
      -Do the dishes (yes, all of them!)😀 My roommate filled half, I did the other!
      -Water the garden😀 It rained today! Thanks Mother Nature!
      -Work for at least 30 minutes on an art project
      It's a much better day today, and I've been motivated to get things done. There's still a lot of day left, but I'm feeling good. I'm finally getting into a good routine and making better choices, and that makes me happy! I hope everyone else is doing well!
    • Kuhl50
      Options
      Daily habits: track,😀 exercise😀, journal😀
      Friday Action Plan
      1. Up at 0600, pill, weigh, pets, pill😀
      2. Video ready 0655😀
      3. Breakfast = yogurt + Kashi😀
      4. Arm Weights at 0800😀
      5. Lunch = salad + chicken (make the dressing)😀
      6. Walk at 4:00😀
      7. Dinner = boboli pizza😀
      8. Journal😀
      9. Meditate👿
      10. Lights out by 10:45😣

Today opened up with high work drama and by 7:15 I was already done with the day. Gritted my teeth and got through the key committed meetings. Left my desk as soon as I could and headed out for an hour+ walk. That helped. Family time and a hot bath and by this evening I was ready to tackle some of the problems I need to solve. But I can also let them percolate over the weekend. 😛

I have a list of To Dos but no major plans this weekend. Hope everyone here has a good one!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal
      Saturday Action Plan
      1. No alarm wake,pill, weigh, pill
      2. Breakfast = oven pancakes
      3. Gizdich?
      4. Lunch = salad + protein
      5. Dinner = boboli?
      6. Long walk or hike
      7. ATM
      8. Working hours plan
      9. Meal plan
      10. make grocery list
      11. Journal
      12. Meditate
      13. Lights out by 10:45

Setting Intentions personal challenge
      One yoga figure for each day I set my intention before eating (through June)
      1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10
      🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘
      🧘🧘

GRATITUDE: I am grateful to feel secure enough in my job to walk away on a Friday and not stress over missing some emails.

WOTY: Habits
    • Kuhl50
      Options
      @ZizzyBumble My heart goes out to you. Hugs in this hard time.
    • fairy_daisy
      fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
      Options
      @ZizzyBumble I just saw your post, so sorry for what you’re going through.
    • littleblackskirt
      littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
      Options

@ZizzyBumble, thinking of you, this is a hard time for you and I've often thought what a lovely daughter you are spending this time with your mother.

@TerriRichardson112 and @cschmitz110515, are the examples you gave of "in the green" just examples or are they your own personal calorie goals? I couldn't help thinking I'd love to have that amount of calories every day lol. My goal is 1240 daily calories to lose 1lb a week, it never feels enough!

JFT Friday 12th June

Log everything no, someone else prepared lunch, and I couldn't guess it. So I gave up for the day, oops
      Back exercise no
      5 fruit and veg only 1
      Walk yes
      Finances no, no time
      Stay awake! yes :)

A last minute change of plan meant I didn't have time for the finances. A friend was going to fit garden gates for me in March, and now that we are finally allowed to venture out a little (around 5 miles in this area) he came and fitted them. Still had to socially distance, so I didn't help, just let him get on with it. Now I have a secure garden for visiting dogs and baby :)

JFT Saturday 13th June

Log everything
      Back exercises
      5 fruit and veg
      Walk
      Finances
      Try on shorts, see if any fit. Won't be needing them today, it's raining again!
    • SERmom3
      SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
      edited June 2020
      Options
      @ZizzyBumble - so sorry your mom’s not doing well. I know you’ve dedicated a lot of time with her over the past months. She is lucky to have you looking out for her. 💕

FRIDAY:
      - Homeschool🟢
      - Laundry! Probably 5 loads 🟢🟢🟢🟢🟢
      - Food prep🟢
      - Log food🟢 / stay green🔴
      - Exercise (cardio)🔴
      - Get house more presentable🔴

I got through all the laundry yesterday. My 6 year old wanted to help. It definitely took longer than normal, but she made it more fun! 😊

I’m glad it’s the weekend. We have some outdoor projects to work on and I should be able to get a long walk in later. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

JFT SATURDAY:
      - Log everything / stay green
      - Exercise (cardio / weights)
      - Landscaping
      - Dentist for me and youngest

Be well! 💕
    • jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      Options
      JFT - Friday
      15k steps👍
      Log everything 👍
      Stay within calorie target 👎 120 over after a lovely evening - worth it
      7hrs sleep👍
      Run after work 👍

JFT - Saturday
      15k steps
      Log everything
      Stay within calorie target
      7hrs sleep
      Run or cycle

@snowflake1968 I’m trying to break through my half way point. Whenever I get to 154lbs I seem to panic and my weight shoots back up, (SW 180 ish) I’m trying to stay committed and consistent - I feel like I can make it this time and the main difference is posting here. It’s great to hear you feel this group is helpful too - we’ll keep on keeping on!

Have a good day everyone. The suns out here at the moment which is lovely. X

• teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Options

Friday
      Today is rest day from bike..Saturday will be torture day with either a 2.5 hr trainer ride or 30 mile trail ride✅
      Beer only if hang w/ neighbor and 2 max✅ didn’t have any 👊
      Log all calories✅
      Ok to be in red✅ went a little nuts
      No m&ms❌😜
      Stop at store on way home from work✅
      Mount tv tonight✅

So yesterday and continuously I feel like I’m learning.. or at least the fact that I’m typing it out seems to bring some clarity to me. I think that the daily accountability thing and logging will have to be a rest of my life thing and not just a thing I can do but eventually let lapse and just let things go naturally. I say that because even though I knew I was “allowing myself” a red day... I was a eating machine. Now in part that doesn’t bother me terribly as I just woke up early to meet two of my faster friends and I’m planning on taking their souls today on a 30+ mile trail training ride. But my choices like 3/4 of a pan of fresh brownies were pretty questionable. Luckily today is a new day.

Saturday goals
      Long trail training ride. I’m gonna put in really hard hill efforts today
      Pick up new wiring for tv and complete the organization process (hung tv on fire place, now need to tidy it up so not a bunch of exposed cables)
      Hook up daughters tv and roku in her play room
      Pack away old surround sound system
      Mow lawn
      Replace some sand spots in patio
      Try to get out of going to pool (:
      Two beers max
      No brownies (ate most of them anyway)
      No m&ms
      Stay green

• HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      Options
      JFT, 6/12/20

- laundry :smiley:
      - JFT :smiley:
      - fold clothes :smiley:At least the ones I washed yesterday. Lol. I'm just going to put the rest of the ones that ended up on the floor in my laundry bag and wash them in a few days. I'll fold them at the laundromat when I go. That seems to be what I will have to do from now on.
      - dishwasher :disappointed:I'm not sure why. Just didn't feel like it.
      - bring in water from the car :smiley:
      - do a workout :smiley:I hit my step goal by walking up and down the 1/4 mile long driveway a bunch of times so I'm going to count that as a workout. It was beautiful out and I was sweating by the end of it
      - 64 oz of water :It was more than twice that actually. Lol
      - figure out dinner (skillet meal?) :smiley:Left over taco meat. The recipe I use makes a TON of leftovers. Enough for two nights of dinners and a lunch.
      - healthy lunch :smiley:
      - figure out grill plate :smiley:It was super simple to use and made some of the best chicken I've ever had. It was moist and tender. Simply amazing! Lol. I'm washing the pan right now so that I can use it again to make more for lunch.
      - NO NAP :disappointed:Totally failed at this. Took almost a 3 hour one. But I still managed to get most of my stuff done.

Nothing really to report except that Matt is feeling better both physically and emotionally which is really good because I was worried. He's been really tried after he comes home and usually naps or goes to bed really early. It's kind of funny because before he went back we both were going to bed well after midnight. But now, we both go to bed around 10ish if not earlier, and both get up between 6:30-7. I kept saying that we needed to get on a normal schedule and him going back to work seems to be doing it. Lol.

I have a bunch of things to do today. Most of them won't take long, and it's a nice day out so I might shut the air off and open the windows for a while. Try and get some fresh air movement in this dusty old house.

Okay, onto goals!

JFT, 6/13/20

- JFT :smiley:
      - dishwasher :smiley:
      - pick up the living room
      - wipe/clean(?) oven
      - healthy meals
      - go through pantry
      - hit step goal OR workout(Taking it slow right now)
      - Walmart/liquor store
      - D&D
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Friday's logging: complete.

Saturday Goal: complete logging.