Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Today I will:

- First day of work! 😁 Oh boy am I in for a year...
    - PT at 6 😁
    - Go see mom 😁
    - Figure out dinner 😁😭 Failed experiment. Too much garlic powder. But surprisingly it didn't give me heart burn last night
    - continue working on outline 😭 spent most of my time while Matt was working journaling. It felt really nice to get my brain down on paper.

SO! My student... Let's just say it's going to be an interesting year. She's nonverbal in the sense that she can't express herself. She repeats things she hears and can read and tell time and things but can't tell me what she wants or how she feels or anything. Also, she's a hitter. Mainly the face and chest. So I need to learn to not crowd her and to gain better reflexes. Lol. She's a good girl though. The hitting is from frustration because she can't express her needs to us in a way we understand. But I discovered that she likes to hold hands and have her hands rubbed so that is definitely going to help calm her down I think.

Um... Physical therapy went well last night. I learned that I have incredibly weak shoulders and have been compensating for that by using my neck and back muscles. So that's contributing to the headaches. I actually have a bad one right now but my cat is in my lap and the bottle of pain killers are across the room 😭

I think that's it for now! I hope everyone has a great day!

Today I will:
    - post 😁
    - work
    - food shopping
    - Dishwasher
    - actually make dinner
    - no nap!
    - continue working on outline
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Solid day on Monday

For Monday, get the week off to a good start and remember that self - discipline is a pure form of self love.

1900 calories 1856
    Work out for 70 minutes 83 minutes including a 2.53 mile walk
    Make good choices and focus on my health and flexibility for retirement made good food choices and kept my exercise commitments. Focus on the long term and knowing I would report on the day in the forum kept me from going over with calories
    Support my bride she’s not feeling well, I’m happy to support her needs but need to work on being there 100%
    Eat dinner, unplugged, at the table. Walk after dinner[/quote] Nice, mindful dinner with my bride at the table. Nice to spend time together with no distractions. She wasn’t up to the after dinner walk. I went the .5 unplugged and slow. Enjoyed the time.

For Tuesday.

Keep the self discipline theme that has served me well during the first 8 months of this wellness journey. Self discipline is the center of achieving my goals.

1800 calories
    Work out for 80 minutes
    Exercise self discipline and focus on health / flexibility for retirement and beyond
    Support my bride
    Eat dinner at the table and walk after dinner. Both unplugged.
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    I see most of you are commited to your plans. For me I get up with a good frame of mind and start my day. I'm on my 6th good day since I started this time. Maybe about 3,001 times lol. Will come share with you how well I did after tops tomorrow.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    edited September 2020
    Congrats @MaryRobinson40 on your new granddaughter! Wishing health and happiness to baby girl and mother.

Welcome @lcharpentier2 this is a great group for accountability and support!

Recap M 9/21 ~ work in office day
    1) Wore our LED & reflective gear & walked dog 3.79 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
    3) Net cals green / 14c water :smiley: -2 & 13c
    4) Review background info / GA-IT folder? (waiting on review) / Facebook Live noon / keep up w/ emails & clear more backlog :) 3/4
    5) Call for bday month appt / register for spaghetti supper for 10/10 5K / prep lunch/snack/water bottle & overnight oats / sort finance pile on home office desk / at least one other chore :) 3/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 :) / FLOSS :smiley: yay/ RETAINERS :smiley: yay / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :)

JFT T 9/22 ~ work in office day
    1) Wore our LED & reflective gear & walked dog 3.84 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Net cals green / 14c water
    4) Update OneNote / review background info / GA-IT folder? (still waiting on review) / Facebook Live event 10am / keep up w/ emails & clear more backlog
    5) Register for spaghetti supper for 10/10 5K / verify rewards card / prep lunch/snack/water bottle & overnight oats / sort finance pile on home office desk / at least one other chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi everyone! Yesterday I didn't get on here because I took my mom shopping and to lunch at a local burger place here in town that she's never been to. It was her 77th birthday and I've never been able to celebrate her birthday with her like that since we lived in different states until this year. So, that was pretty cool! The burgers at this place are delicious but OMG the calories and grease....so I only ate half the burger and half of the deep fried cheese curds for lunch and brought home the rest for dinner. Somehow that seemed like less calories LOL

Today I get to go for a hair cut/trim and color, and boy oh boy do I ever need it!

@maryrobinson40 Congratulations on your new granddaughter! 💗💗💗

Just for Tuesday, 9/21/2020
    • No BS 24H Plan and Assess
    • 64+ oz water
    • Activity
    • Log every bite / Prelog what you can
    • Watch sewing/quilting tutorials for the rug I want to make
    • Pay Bills
    • Start Bullet Journaling again. Need to pick up a journal to do it in...maybe after I get my hair done?
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm
    • Read next chapter in book
    • Bed early to wind down / gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / New Day New You / read something fun...

2020 WOTY: Persistence

qjnd9uur6pcy.png
  • lauren_cass1
    lauren_cass1 Posts: 9 Member
    Wednesday JFT:
    - Don’t eat until lunch
    - 1 snack in afternoon
    - 1 snack at night
    - Take some deep breaths before entering dining hall
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 937 Member

JFT Tuesday 22nd September

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no
    Foot exercises no
    Walk didn't want to, weather was bad, I was lazy, but went out and did my 36 minute route
    Phone care home again yes
    My admin no
    Sort out fridge/freezer yes
    Clean up kitchen yes

Have now spoken to care homes and Dad wants me to decide. What a decision to make! I hope the one I choose is right for him. So a lot of organizing and paperwork coming up.

JFT Wednesday 23rd September

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Do the admin, it's important financially!
    Phone care home
    Phone social worker
    Phone roofer
    Garden
    Mow lawn if it dries up
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    TUESDAY:
    - log everything🟢
    - Support remote learning🟢
    - S’s sun project🟢
    - Make plan for weekend kids schedule🟢
    - indoor and outdoor chores🟢

Well, I logged it, but didn’t stay green. I’ve had too much snacking during the day. Today I will do better.

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - log everything
    - Support remote learning
    - indoor and outdoor chores
    - Outdoor project

Be well! 💕
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Good day.

For Tuesday.

Keep the self discipline theme that has served me well during the first 8 months of this wellness journey. Self discipline is the center of achieving my goals.

1800 calories 1750
    Work out for 80 minutes 80 minutes including a 2.44 mile walk
    Exercise self discipline and focus on health / flexibility for retirement and beyond made good decisions and stayed within my boundaries for the day
    Support my bride Easy to do
    Eat dinner at the table and walk after dinner. Both unplugged. [/quote] Done and done beautiful evening

For Wednesday. Keep working on self discipline. Self discipline is the key to realizing my objectives

1900 calories:
    Work out 80 minutes:
    Exercise self discipline and focus on health / safety for retirement and beyond:
    Support my bride:
    Eat dinner at the table and walk after dinner, both unplugged:
  • TiffanyPe17
    TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
    Just for today, Wednesday 9/23/2020

• I will take the time for toddler and infant snuggles 🥰
    •I will love myself where I am at
    •I will go for a walk with the family
    •I will get to one item on my To Do list that I have not had time to do yet.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,467 Member
    Recap T 9/22 ~ work in office day
    1) Wore our LED & reflective gear & walked dog 3.84 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 14/14 boom!
    3) Net cals green / 14c water :smiley: green & 13c plus sodium better
    4) Update OneNote / review background info / GA-IT folder? (still waiting on review) whenever MG finishes review / Facebook Live event 10am / keep up w/ emails & clear more backlog :) 4/5
    5) Register for spaghetti supper for 10/10 5K / verify rewards card :p didn't realize new process meant after I submitted documentation I then had to "redeem" points ~ done! / prep lunch/snack/water bottle & overnight oats / sort finance pile on home office desk :neutral: but did talk to acctg for one recurring donation / at least one other chore :) 4/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

JFT 9/23 work in conference room with horrible slow computer ~ happy hump day
    1) Wore our LED & reflective gear & walked dog 4.11 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Net cals green / 14c water
    4) Review more background info / email AJNH director for update on requested docs / GA-IT folder? (still waiting on review) / keep up w/ emails & clear more backlog / print from EE self service / save electronics to flash / sanitize room
    5) Leave 15 min. early for haircut appt. / boil eggs / at least one chore
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / 6:30 alarm (walk dog before start to work from home)

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5/2/20 I walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5/16/20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5/18/20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race w/ dog on 6/6/20 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K w/ dog 8/29/20 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • lcharpentier2
    Well I have to stay committed Think positive say to one self yes I can do this. Good luck to all.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Sept 22
    1L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)
    No chips - >:)
    15 minutes of activity - >:)
    Gratitude Journal - >:)

JFT - Wednesday Sept 23
    1L of water
    Log all food
    No chips
    15 minutes of activity
    Gratitude Journal

@HEGoddard0928 - It sounds to me like you are up for the challenge of your student since you've already found out a couple of her likes.
    I think if I had a headache and needed pills, I would move my cat. I don't have pets though so I may not understand. :D

@lcharpentier2 - I credit this group for helping me lose 25lbs in 2018-2019. Now If I can just be consistent in meeting my goals again I know I'll lose it again. An injury and Covid set me back.

@PackerFanInGB - I'm so happy for you to be able to take your Mom out for her birthday. I have spent one of my Mom's birthdays with her since 1997 and it was a special treat for both of us. I was hoping to have surprised her this year and visited but travel restrictions didn't allow it. Maybe next year.

@littleblackskirt - Hugs to you, it's a tough decision but I'm sure you'll make the right one. I was told when we were looking for my Mom to go with the smell test. If you smell urine or feces you know that the residents aren't being taken care of promptly. I don't know if you're allowed to do tours now or not though which sucks.

It's been a busy week already. 3 more days to go. Hubby found out yesterday that his layoff date is probably going to be October 9th. I'm grateful that he got at least two months of work in this year and that our government has changed some laws so that he can get EI.

Tonight my daughter and Grands are coming out, we are borrowing her car for the night and day tomorrow while ours goes in for repair work. $1700 later and I may feel safe driving it again.

Well I should get off here and get to work.
    Have a great day everyone.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Just for Tuesday, 9/21/2020
    • No BS 24H Plan and Assess 😎
    • 64+ oz water 💣 (Too much coffee)
    • Activity 💣
    • Log every bite / Prelog what you can 😎
    • Watch sewing/quilting tutorials for the rug I want to make 😎
    • Pay Bills 😎
    • Start Bullet Journaling again. Need to pick up a journal to do it in...maybe after I get my hair done? 💣 I still need to pick up a notebook for this.
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm 💣 Got into the ice cream around 8:30... *sigh*
    • Read next chapter in book 😎
    • Bed early to wind down / gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / New Day New You / read something fun... 😎

Just for Wednesday, 9/22/2020
    • No BS 24H Plan and Assess 😎 Already done.
    • 64+ oz water
    • Activity of some kind
    • Log every bite / Prelog my foods
    • Begin sewing project
    • Pick up Rx and notebook
    • Watch Module 1of No BS course materials
    • Close kitchen at 7:30 pm
    • Self-Care 30 minutes of something
    • Bed one hour early/ gratitude journal / Simple Abundance / New Day New You / read something fun...

2020 WOTY: Persistence

Tasks behind the cut:
    • Establish routine or schedule: daily / weekly / monthly
    • Bullet Journal
    • Visual Habit Tracker?
    • Write Matt's letter
    • Research: Etsy Shop
    • Research: Blogging
    • Research classes at TC for photography or something fun
    • Cancel K's gym membership
    • Bank deposit
    • Declutter: bathroom / linen closet top shelf / laundry room shelf / ottoman's storage area / tupperware cupboard / kitchen cupboards / Bedroom closet / Basement behind the bar / Clothing totes / moving boxes / digital pictures
    • Back up photos on Lenova / Back up photos on HP / Back up Photos on iPad

5269safu6fy3.png
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Just for today, stick to my diet plan, go to bed earlier.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,021 Member
    edited September 2020
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    🏖🎡💕💕💖 SEPTEMBER💕💖💕🎡⛱
    🌾🎍🌵🌴💕💖💕💖💕🌴🌵🎍🌾
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
      Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2

Our new central heating boiler was installed yesterday. We did have a small leak in one of the radiators but the engineer has already been back and fixed it. Really enjoying the warmth in the chill that is blowing in from Iceland.

We went for a wonderful walk this afternoon in the fresh autumn air. The sun was shining beautifully at the time. We are hoping to be able to continue this for as long as possible. We didn't do our weekly shop this morning as hubby was waiting for a telephone consultation with his surgeon. I plan to go out early in the morning.

September Daily Goals: Week 4
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri:
      Sat: Sun: Mon:
      Weight < 155: 2/7
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Aug: 149.9

01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      Reduce Fat%:✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.2; 25.1; 24.7
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1 30.4
      Calories < in the green 🦄 7/7
      Steps > 7500 🏃🏽‍♀️ 6/7
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily🦄 2/7
      Active hours > 6 daily🦄 2/7
      Positive intentions for Today
      🌟Meditation 2/7
      🌟Exercise 2/7
      🌟Family Skype 0/7
      🌟Cut our/sew masks (0/7)
      🌟Gardening: 1/7 🌟Declutter🦄 2//7
      🌟Laundry 2/7 🌟Circuits 2/7
      😜Housework 2/7 🌟Plan shopping (1/7)
      🌟Shopping 0/7
      🌟Write 3 pages or 15 minutes a day 🦄 1/7
      🌟Update Journal🦄 1/7
      🌟Crochet🦄 1/7 🌟Puzzles 🦄 2/7
      🌟Watch TV🦄 2/7 🌟Read 2/7

Hello Everyone. Update. My Granddaughter has arrived...

Congratulations! Hope springs eternal in a new life.
    • lcharpentier2
      Well this is not what am I doing to keep accountable it's what accountable does. was high loser at tops tonight with a 3.6 loss.. So on to another good week.