Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble -I’m so sorry your mom has declined. I’m glad she’s in a place to get the care she needs. Sending prayers of strength to you and peace to your mom and family.💕

FRIDAY:
    -LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - 🟢
    - End of year meetings 🟢
    - Make space on Gmail. 🟢
    - Exercise (weights)🟢
    - Make pulled pork and coleslaw🟢

I ate TERRIBLY yesterday. Today officially starts summer and for the next couple of months I really don’t have much to do outside of taking care of the kids and house. That means that I have to start focusing more on losing again. I’ve basically been stalled since the beginning of the year. I want to lose about 10 more pounds. I’d love to get that done by September.

JFT SATURDAY/SUNDAY:
    - Landscaping
    - Start sorting paperwork from school
    - Continue clearing out Gmail
    - Computer work: Taxes, Budget, Product Reviews, Review resume

Be well! 💕
  • merope2
    merope2 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Friday: food all logged.

Saturday: log all food.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 6/19/20

- Aldi :smiley:
    - Walmart :disappointed:
    - Laundry :smiley:
    - Grilled chicken salads for dinner :smiley:They were really really good. Matt said grilled is his new favorite way to eat chicken. Lol. So I guess I'll be doing it more. That's fine with me!
    - bring up trash can :smiley:
    - clean bedroom :disappointed:
    - wipe down kitchen counters :disappointed:

Nothing really to report. I have been working on getting an outline ready for a rewrite of a story. I'm going to start writing in July and try to get at least 50k of it done next month.

Matt's job had to stop taking in bike repairs. His store accepted 35 of them in the 2 days he was off. So he has something like 50 to work on. It's going to take weeks to do it. He still has to finish all the repairs he didn't get to before the store closed in March. But he can't get to those until at least Thursday He's going to have a whole lot of scheduled hours and maybe some overtime. That will be really helpful.

Um...I think that's it. I'm not feeling so well so I'm probably not going to eat much today. We'll see how I feel in a few hours.

Onto goals.
    JFT, 6/20/20

- JFT :smiley:
    - Dishwasher
    - wipe down kitchen counters(take everything off first! Don't be lazy!)
    - work on a few lessons of the writing course
    - meet step goal. It's supposed to be gross out so do it a bit at a time
    - clean grill plate
    - work on cleaning out the fridge
    - pick up bedroom floor
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    JFT from Friday 6/19
    - Focus on veggies. ✅
    - Exercise
    - Put away sewing supplies and beads/crafting boxes that have been sitting out over the week. This will lead to cleaning out the game closet yet again. Find 5 things to give away. ✅
    - Drop off donations ✅
    - Drop off cloth that needs to be recycled
    - Clear off the coffee table ✅

JFT for today, Sat 6/20 😋
    - Focus on veggies
    - Prepare the meals I have planned (rather than grab and go)
    - Exercise
    - Declutter the bedroom. I don’t have a meaningful way to quantify this even though I know would make it a more of an achievable goal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday June 19
    1L of Water 👿
    Log all Food 👿
    Gratitude Journal 👿

JFT - Saturday June 20
    1L of Water
    Log all Food
    Gratitude Journal

@ZizzyBumble - I’m sorry to read about your Mom. Hugs to you.

@pridesabtch - I have to confess I’m a little envious of how much you and your hubby do together.

We have decided to go camping in mid July. We are borrowing our daughters pop up tent trailer. I can’t handle tents at all!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    [quote="AJB1014;c-45102880"

1. Wash face/brush teeth am ✔
    2. Log food ✔
    3. One water every time I'm at the sink ✔
    4. Eat when hungry/stop when full ✔
    5. Go for a walk with R ✔
    6. Log JGM10Days challenge ✔
    7. Write chore goals on fridge ✔
    8. Wash face/brush teeth pm ✔
    9. Be kind (even if the other person isnt) ✔
    10. Bed by 1030 ✔
    [/quote]

1. Wash face/brush teeth am
    2. Log food
    3. One water every time I'm at the sink
    4. Eat when hungry/stop when full
    5. Go for a walk with R
    6. Log JGM10Days challenge
    7. Write chore goals on fridge
    8. Wash face/brush teeth pm
    9. Be kind (even if the other person isnt)
    10. Bed by 1030
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 20 June

I’ve had a physically and emotionally exhausting week and I’ve not been focussing on my normal goals. My mum has had to move to a hospice and I’m going to return to my usual health goals. I’ve been grabbing quick and easy food and having a bit too much to drink without exercise with the expected consequences! Today I’m meeting a friend and going for a horse ride to blow the cobwebs away and have some well deserved “me time”.

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

I had a lovely ride and it was good to get out of the house and do something different. Thank you for your kind wishes.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options

Okay I had 2 beers and 4 marshmallows, but I burned over 1000 calories today, and everything was in moderation so I'm okay with that.

I got up and started the laundry then went for an hour hilly hike which kind of kicked my *kitten*. It was a beautiful day and I hated to waste it so I asked hubby if he'd like to hop on the bikes and do 20 easy miles. We stopped at a restaurant on the trail for dinner where I had pulled pork and 2 beers. We came home and decided to build a fire and I roasted a few marshmallows. Pretty much an active date day. Now it is 2 am and I am wide awake... ugh.

We also planned 2 camping trips for July. One in PA where we'll go white water rafting and one at a lake in OH with friends. Both are only 3 day trips, perfect time span for tent camping. I get grumpy sleeping on the ground much longer than that.

Saturday, I'll finish the laundry and get my gray covered (Hair appt). I may swing by a nail salon for a fresh coat of paint. I will likely exercise, but not sure what I'll do.

JFT Saturday
    - Sleep in
    - Laundry
    - Hair & Nails
    - Exercise 30-60 minutes
    - No alcohol
    - No cookies/candy
    - Log everything
    - Stay green
    - No soda after lunch

Be your best you today!

Complete change of plans. Because of a wrong weight in my Garmin, my deficit has apparently been too aggressive lately leaving me weak and dizzy today. We were at WM and I got super hot and dizzy. I lost my balance and fell. Crazy embarrassing. I needed to boost my blood sugar in a hurry so I had a candy bar.

Coach ordered a rest day and excess calories. I’m trying to keep it reasonable, but I know he is right. If my numbers were right I should have lost 3-4 pounds so far this month, but I’ve lost almost 7.

Y’all take care...
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I’m a bit disappointed that my weight seems a bit stuck, but I’m going to keep on with what I’m doing for another week to get a better idea. I wasn’t going to post, but then I thought that’s stupid. So here I go again - just for today (Sunday), I’m going to log everything and stay in the green. Also aiming to get outside for a walk with a friend and clean up my flat too.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 21 June

Good morning everyone. I hope your day goes according to plan. Today I will:

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

JFT Saturday 20th June

Log everything yes
    Stay under 1500 calories no, 1600 cals
    Back exercises no
    Walk no, helped son in garden instead
    5 fruit and veg 2
    Finish housework, just blitz through the rooms yes

I'm hopeful that the weather will dry up and I'll be able to have family visit in the garden. I really miss spending time with them.

We did have a very spread out meal in the garden, I'm now so used to silence that a toddler and 2 big excited dogs feels chaotic!

JFT Sunday 21st June

Log everything
    Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    5 fruit and veg
    Dig out large shrub

I know I'm going to struggle not to snack today, hopefully having to log will keep me under control. I'm in a lot of pain after yesterday's gardening. It's also Fathers Day here, I can't visit mine as he is terminally ill and is shielding. I do speak to him every day though. I don't understand my brother, who only phones once every 4/6 weeks, I think he feels I'm seeing to everything and he doesn't have to bother.

Don't let the weekend spoil a good dieting week!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Saturday goal
    2 hr trainer ride✅
    Bring sofa to dump❌
    Mow lawn✅
    Plant roses✅
    120 pull ups ✅👍 did over 150
    200 push-ups ✅👍 did 380!
    Stay green😕❌ didn’t really eat much all day... then friends came over... beers were had and pizza was eaten

Sunday goals
    Sufferfest training ride
    Do family stuff all day
    Stay green but don’t beat self up if can’t
    Log all doos
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    🌻🌹🌼🌺🌸🌺🌼🌻🌹
    💐 If you're feeling blue 💐
    💐 here's a gift for You. 💐
    💐 Just a little bouquet 💐
    💐 to brighten your day.💐
    🌻🌹🌼🌺🌸🌺🌼🌹🌻
    💜💜💜
    I choose to feed my body
    the nutrition it needs
    and feed my mind with
    the quality thoughts it deserves

💜💜💜
    To all those essential workers still going out there....
    🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
    Everyone else, please stay home!!!

What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] working on a Memories Project for my grandson
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:

01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 147.1
      Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to,tone muscles, sonot unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Sun 31May: 148.7
      JUNE:
      Week 1:
      Mon 01: 148.5 😎 Happy to maintain until I sort out strength w/outs.
      Tue 02: 148.5 🌻
      Wed 03: 148.8 🌻
      Thu 04: 148.6🌻
      Fri 05: 148.5🌻
      Sat 06: 148.6🌻
      Sun 07: 148.4🌻[
      Week 2:
      Mon 8: 148.8🌻 Still holding steady
      Tue 9: 148.8 🌻
      Wed 10: 148.6🌻
      Thu 11: 148.4 🌻
      Fri 12: 148.6🌻 bad case of the nibbles tonight.
      Sat 13: 148.8:🌻
      Sun 14: 149.1🌻Silly choices yesterday!!!
      Mon 15: 149.4 🤔
      Tues 16: 149.2🤔
      Wed 17: 149.3🤔
      Thu 18: 149.2🤔
      Fri 19: 149.4 🤓 I was wondering if this uptick is connected to the fact that I have started interval walking/jogging to get my steps in. I did a little research, and sure enough, there it was, in black and white. When you start jogging, the muscles hold on to fluid for muscle repair. Can be several lbs, and it sorts itself out when the body acclimatises, so I'm sticking with it until it settles down.
      😂 Just when you think you have it all sorted, one little change throws it up in the air again. I'm guessing that this is temporary.

Sat 20: 149.5
      Sun 21: 149.2

JFT Sat 20 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep: 🌷
      Meditation:🌷mindfulness
      Intentional exercise: > 50🌷68
      Cardio: > 30🌷Walking, jogging
      Strength: > 10🌷Legs
      Flex: >10🌷General stretches
      Prelog: stay in the green🌷
      Weight: < 150🌷
      Steps: > 7500🌷10126
      Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷12
      Mood: 😎
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷meditation: :relaxed: ✅ journal: ✅
      🌷Walk/Jog: :sweat_smile: ✅ Read:✅
      🌷Laundry: ✅ declutter: bathroom✅
      🌷crochet: ✅🌷Watch TV: ✅ Puzzles: ✅
      🌷Plant up troughs with summer cover😜✅

JFT Sun 21 June:
      Daily goals:
      Sleep:
      Meditation:
      Intentional exercise: > 50
      Cardio: > 30
      Strength: > 10
      Flex: >10
      Prelog: stay in the green
      Weight: < 150
      Steps: > 7500
      Fitbit > 6 active hours
      Mood: :sunglasses:
      Activities I got to do:
      🌷meditation: :relaxed: Write journal:
      🌷Walk/Jog: :sweat_smile: Read
      🌷Laundry: Chores: Declutter hall
      🌷Watch TV: Puzzles: Sudoku: crochet:
      🌷Sew masks:
    • HEGoddard0928
      Options
      @ZizzyBumble I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but I'm really glad you had a good time riding! It's important to do things for yourself.

@teigansdad Sometimes pizza and beer with friends are exactly what the doctor ordered. Lol

@Snowflake1968 Me and my best friend were going to go camping in May but Covid killed that idea. I'm hoping that we might be able to go sometimes in the early fall after the summer heat goes down.

@pridesabtch I agree with your Coach! Definitely take some time to get yourself leveled out again. Falling over, in general, is never a good sign. Hopefully you are feeling better now!

@littleblackskirt My brother is the same way with my mom. He calls my dad almost every day but hasn't talked to my mom since the last time he and my SIL were over last year sometime. She and my dad live in the same house. I see my parents almost daily. Granted I live right down the road but still. Lol

@fairy_daisy Try not to be too disappointed. Sometimes weight loss plateaus and it can take a while for it to start moving again. Try switching things up a bit. Maybe eat a different kind of food. Like a new source of protein or a new kind of veggie. Or try a new kind of exercise. Sometimes little changes like that can jumpstart it back up again.

@AJB1014 How's the little one doing? Is he just as adorable as he was before? I bet he is! Lol
    • HEGoddard0928
      Options
      JFT, 6/20/20

- Dishwasher :smiley:
      - wipe down kitchen counters(take everything off first! Don't be lazy!) :smiley:
      - work on a few lessons of the writing course :smiley:I ended up working on like 6 of them. I was bored yesterday while Matt was at work and just pounded some of them out.
      - meet step goal. It's supposed to be gross out so do it a bit at a time :smiley:It rained around noon. It really helped to cool down the air and some of the humidity went away. It did bring the mosquitos out though.
      - clean grill plate :smiley:I think this is my new way to cook things. I'm going to use it again tonight too.
      - work on cleaning out the fridge :disappointed:Tbh, it really isn't that bad. A lot of the stuff I just put in. I do have to try and reorganize it. What I really need is a new one. The thing is suuuuuper old and freezes half the food in the fridge. But when I turn the fridge temp up it also turns up the freezer temp and everything starts to thaw. I learned that the hard way :confounded:
      - pick up bedroom floor :smiley:I always forget just how much empty floor space I have in the bedroom. Lol

Guys! I'm down 2.4lbs from last week! I can't believe it! And my "friend" came this week so I know there is probably some water retention going on too so it might be even less! I can't believe it! I'm so proud of myself! I also had a huge food win for me last night too! So I had every intention of eating my dessert which is vanilla yogurt, fresh raspberries, and chia seeds. I prelogged it and everything. But after dinner and a measured out portion of 1 oz of popcorn, I just wasn't hungry. But by 9pm I really really wanted that snack even though I still wasn't hungry. So I made myself a cup of tea and distracted myself on my phone. And I ended up going to bed WITHOUT eating my treat! Lol. I've been eating under my calorie goal the last few days but I've been eating a lot of protein and fiber so that's been filling me up. I can't believe that I'm actually starting to pay attention to my hunger signals! It only took YEARS! I actually asked my friend if that strong desire was what food addiction was. Because I really really wanted it. Lol. I do still need to take my measurements, although I think I may wait until next week so all the bloating goes away. I don't want false reads.

Today is supposed to be another gross day outside. Like really gross. A real feel of like 92F with 100% humidity. I highly doubt I am going to get my steps in today. It's supposed to storm this afternoon so maybe it'll be like yesterday and improve the weather after. I hope so, but since I cleaned off the bedroom floor, I have a lot of space to put down my mat and spend some time working out. Lol. That's going to be one of my goals today. That and to not eat everything in sight. This week does not give me an excuse to go overboard!

Okay, enough of the novel. Onto goals!

JFT 6/21/20

- Meal prep
      - Dips
      - Cut up veggies
      - Finish writing course section
      - Look up a good turkey burger recipe
      - Clean off grill plate
      - Trim recipe folders
      - Do a workout(it doesn't matter how long it is. Just do something!
      - Don't eat everything in sight!
    • merope2
      merope2 Posts: 60 Member
      Options
      Saturday: logging complete
      Sunday: complete logging
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
      Options

JFT Saturday
      - Sleep in :smiley:
      - Laundry :(
      - Hair & Nails :neutral: Hair only
      - Exercise 30-60 minutes :( took a rest day
      - No alcohol :smiley:
      - No cookies/candy :( Had a candy bar
      - Log everything :smiley:
      - Stay green :( Ate at excess because I didn't feel good
      - No soda after lunch :smiley:

Be your best you today!

Yesterday was a bust.

JFT Sunday
      - Sleep in
      - Log everything
      - No alcohol
    • busoxnardmg
      busoxnardmg Posts: 11 Member
      Options
      JFT - Day 6

Log everything
      Stretch/strength training
      No snacking
      No eating after 7pm
      Enjoy the beauty of the day
    • PackerFanInGB
      PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
      Options
      Hi my JFT friends! I'm 250 posts behind (10 whole pages!) and that will take some time to catch up on, so I'm just going to post my goals and will try to catch up a few pages at a time over this next week.

I joined a weight loss program this week, and I'm kind of nervous that it is could be too much for me to keep up with if I get called back to work but I will figure that out when and if I need to! If it is important to me, I will find a way! :smile: I'm pretty excited about it actually!

Happy Father's Day to the dads and single moms who play both roles! :smile:

Just for Sunday:
      • Stick to food plan
      • 90 oz water
      • No ice cream today
      • Focus on how I'm talking to myself.
      • WorryTime@6 (make a list of anxious thoughts and then don't think about it again until 6 pm)
      • Spend time in sewing area downstairs (either sew on quilt, declutter, decorate or start something new)
      • Listen to Unit 2 of PnP cx
      • Print off worksheets for PnP NoBS week and fill out
      • Evening routine and early bedtime!

Today, I am grateful for a quiet day to myself and air conditioning! :)

WOTY 2020: Persistence

• jenwalkingfurther
      jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
      Options

JFT - Saturday
      15k steps👍
      Log everything 👍
      Stay within calorie target 👍
      Run👎
      7 hrs sleep👍

Bit late but

JFT - Sunday