Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,065 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 One of my game apps is like that. It only registers distance travelled in a straight line from A 2 B when you do some action. I have to drop items and pick them up again at corners to get an accurate reading.
    @ZizzyBumble Impressive sustained rate of weight loss. Brava!!!
    @PackerFanInGB Good to see you posting.
    @Bex953172 Glad to know that you are settling in to your new place. That walk sounds interesting.
    @Snowflake1968 Tracey, you are coping so well under such trying circumstances. I hope things ease for you soon. (((Hugs))))

Hang in there, folks. Tomorrow is full of new opportunities.

🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
    🎄DECEMBER 🎄
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      December Daily Goals: Week 2
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: 🌟
      ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon:

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✖️I missed my deadline last night so didn't make my steps. However my monthly average for Dec is over 9000 so won't beat myself up over it.
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🎄Meditation ✅
      🎄Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🎄Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
      🎄Making Xmas cards ✅
      🎄Write and post Xmas cards
      🎄Family Skype ✅
      🎄Laundry ✅
      🎄Daily Chores ✅
      🎄Puzzles ✅
      🎄Watch TV ✅ 🎄Read ✅

Never give up! Never give in!

Spent the last few days making Xmas cards a few at a time. My dining room table is covered in card, embellishments and such like. All I have to do is write and post the cards off. I have stamps all ready to go!

Terri 🦄

• ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Options
      Mon 14 Dec

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.2kg lost in 7 last days.

• clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      JFT Monday
      1. Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
      2. 1st class: Back work / bonus work.
      3. 2nd-3rd classes: Back work / bonus work.
      4. Lunch: Pasta. Read Trebek.
      5. Planning: Call parents. Grade late work. Write script: Beginnings. Read Trebek.
      6. Write a letter. Dinner: Bibimbap. Breathe. Other things??? Strength/yoga.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV. Patch jeans.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      End of August: 189.8
      End of September: 191.0
      End of October: 189.4
      End of November: 192.6
      Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: ???
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Almost through the term. I just need to make it a few days.
    • teigansdad
      teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
      Options
      Monday goals
      Stay green
      No candy
      No beer
      Zwift workout tonight
      Fix shower
    • ZizzyBumble
      Options
      Mon 14 Dec

Log 😊
      Stay in the green 😊
      5 fruit and veg 😊
      Water 😊 just!
      Fitbit exercise goals 😊
      Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.2kg lost in 7 last days.

I made malteaser tiffin for gifts, sampled a corner and whilst it’s nice it’s much too sweet for me 😊.
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options

🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
      🎄DECEMBER 🎄
      🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
        [*] structuring my day
        [*] yoga/Taichi
        [*] Walks with DH
        [*] Decluttering

Keep your chin up!

May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
        December Daily Goals: Week 2
        Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: 🌟
        ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅

2020:
        1 Sept 149.4
        13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
        18 Oct: 147.2
        24 Oct: 146.0
        Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
        Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
        Calories in the green ✅
        Steps > 7500 ✅
        Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
        Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
        🎄Meditation ✅
        🎄Exercise ✅ Circuits ✅
        🎄Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
        🎄Making Xmas cards ✅
        🎄Write post Xmas cards ✅ Post tomorrow
        🎄sort out Christmas card stock ✅
        🎄Laundry ✅
        🎄Daily Chores ✅
        🎄Puzzles ✅
        🎄Watch TV ✅ 🎄Read ✅

Never give up! Never give in!

Terri 🦄
      • littleblackskirt
        littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
        edited December 2020
        Options
        Hi folks, sorry I've not been posting recently. I stopped logging and have been doing a bit of "emotional eating". Still not logging but very aware that I don't want to put weight on over Christmas so trying to get it under control again. Life isn't great at the moment but I'm forcing myself to make the effort.
        On the bright side, I can now walk for 40/50 minutes most days. Given that 2 months ago I was struggling to walk around the house, this is a huge improvement for me. Making myself do my back exercises, you know how much I dislike them!

Sending hugs and good wishes to all who are having a bad time right now. @mytime6630 hoping your family are all okay.

JFT I will remember my aims, and not have more than one snack.
      • teigansdad
        Options
        @littleblackskirt hang in there. Daily steps right?
      • teigansdad
        Options

Monday goals
        Stay green❌
        No candy❌
        No beer❌
        Zwift workout tonight❌
        Fix shower❌
        Well yesterday was a new one for me... managed to fail at all of my goals.. felt guilty then... feel even more guilty now
        Let’s try this again

Monday take 2 goals
        Stay green
        No candy
        No beer
        Zwift workout tonight
        Fix shower
      • ZizzyBumble
        Options
        Tue 15Dec

Log
        Stay in the green
        5 fruit and veg
        Water
        Fitbit exercise goals
        Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ↔️ 0.6 kg lost in 7 last days.

• cschmitz110515
        cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
        edited December 2020
        Options
        @teigansdad Sometimes those days just happen. It's over and done. Start fresh today!

@littleblackskirt You've had a tough year. So happy you are able to walk! My goal over holidays is to not gain weight... I don't worry about trying to lose.

@ZizzyBumble I had to look up malteaser tiffin. I think I would devour that!

Recap M 12/14
        1) X-train before work :s
        2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :) 12/14 & 13k
        3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: green 24 & 13c
        4) Work in conference room: sanitize room start of day / save flash drive to G/H drives / AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / schedule laptop set-up w/ IT (YAY) / sanitize room end of day = 6/6
        5) Read Luke 14 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / dust living room, hallway/stairs & powder room / decorate tree no time / put up rest of Xmas decorations / wash dishes / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats = 5/7
        6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) = 1/5

JFT T 12/15
        1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
        2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
        3) Office to-do list (things I couldn't do on crummy PC yesterday) / AJNH / review progress w/ in-charge / webinar 12:00 (pace) / keep up w/ emails
        4) Read Luke 15 & Advent booklet / water tree (a.m. & p.m.) / write cards / prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / wash dishes / decorate?
        5) UNPLUG / FLOSS / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

No "workout" yesterday, but after work, supper & a little down time, I spent nearly two hours dusting & light cleaning and setting up 4 boxes of Christmas decorations. Even worked up a sweat & had to take off my extra layer. I logged "light cleaning" on MFP because it was better than sitting on my *kitten* all evening. Btw, my SIL said one year at Christmastime, our house sure has the Christmas spirit. LOL

2020 Goals:
        1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
        2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
        3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
        4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
        5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
        6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
        7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
        8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
        9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
        Word for 2020: Persist
      • TiffanyPe17
        TiffanyPe17 Posts: 107 Member
        Options
        It has been a while since I’ve posted, life has been so busy. But I have been faithful to keto and IF and I’m so glad to say I am officially down 50 pounds as of this morning!! I’m SOOOOO close to goal weight and I am beyond excited and relieved! So, just for today I will continue to focus on my goals and stay dedicated to the process.
      • Bex953172
        Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
        Options
        It has been a while since I’ve posted, life has been so busy. But I have been faithful to keto and IF and I’m so glad to say I am officially down 50 pounds as of this morning!! I’m SOOOOO close to goal weight and I am beyond excited and relieved! So, just for today I will continue to focus on my goals and stay dedicated to the process.

Wow CONGRATULATIONS! That's an amazing achievement! I hope you took before and afters so you can see how far you've come.

Once you've hit goal weight what's your plan then? Are you going to keep it going with maintenance calories?
      • teigansdad
        Options
        @TiffanyPe17
        I have a buddy doing keto.. he was asking me for advice but I personally couldn’t do it and keep up with my training intensity so aborted.

He is struggling with energy to get thru his workouts...
        My understanding is that this will improve with time if you are successful in getting your body in Ketosis. Is that correct?
      • PackerFanInGB
        PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
        Options
        Just for Tuesday:
        • No BS 24H Plan & Assess
        • 64+ oz H2O
        • Journal every bite: Good, Bad & Ugly
        • 30 minutes intentional activity
        • Podcasts: JM / No BS
        • Run errands and get them off your plate! JUST FREAKING GO AND GET THEM DONE! Dang...getting so lazy.
        • Bake at least one batch of Christmas bread and one batch of Christmas cookies
        • Sew at least 2 patchwork stockings or sacks to put kiddos goodies in
        • Evening Routine: Gratitude Journal / Readings / Journal / Lights out 10:30

WOTY: Persistence
      • TiffanyPe17
        Options
        @Bex953172 thank you! I am so excited!! So, I plan on easing back into eating regularly once I hit goal. I’ve never really had trouble staying at a healthy weight before I had kids, I just couldn’t get the weight off after I had my first. So I’m hopeful that if I eat sensibly I can maintain within a 5 pound range while eating.

• TiffanyPe17
        edited December 2020
        Options
        @teigansdad, honestly I have been so busy that I haven’t had time to workout since I started, so I am not the best person to talk about that. Also, I call what I am doing “keto” because I am extremely low carb. But, I am not eating a ton of fat (read:bacon and grease with every meal), and I do not count the carbs I am consuming from vegetables because, in my opinion, those are ‘healthy’ carbs. I hope that makes sense!

But I have measured my ketones with urine strips and I am in ketosis. I haven’t noticed a dip in my energy levels, I’m actually feeling really good. I’m also sleeping great and my mood has been really level. Emotionally I feel amazing, and I haven’t felt any hunger. I honestly can’t say enough good things about this way of eating.
      • azulvioleta6
        azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
        Options
        Got sidelined by a BAD migraine for several days, but I am back to doing my home exercise routine...did 20 burpees today hoping to catch up and meet my goal of 300 for the month. Tonight I go to bed early so that I can wake up early enough for pre-work goal setting.
      • ZizzyBumble
        Options
        Wed 16 Dec

Log
        Stay in the green
        5 fruit and veg
        Water
        Fitbit exercise goals
        Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬆️ 👿 Nothing lost in 7 last days - that corner of malteaser tiffin led to a few more!
      • TerriRichardson112
        Options
        🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
        🎄DECEMBER 🎄
        🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
          [*] structuring my day
          [*] yoga/Taichi
          [*] Walks with DH
          [*] Decluttering

Keep your chin up!

15 Dec: 146.9
          December Daily Goals: Week 3
          Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu:
          Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon:

2020: