Options
    Joan
    5'11"
    70 yrs old
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    December, 2019: Met my goal weight of 178
    SW Year 2020: 178 -- but having a hard time maintaining once covid started.
    November, 2020: 192 --- back focused
    1st GW: 185
    2nd GW: 180
    Ultimate goal: 175, and maintain

SW Nov 2: 192
    SW Dec 1: 192.6 :s:s
    1st goal weight: 185
    2nd goal weight: 180
    ultimate goal weight: 175
    weigh in every monday

Todays weight 191.3

Nov 1: 192
    Nov 2: 192
    Nov 9: 190.6
    Nov 11: 192.6
    Nov 13: 189.4 -- yah, finally back in the 180s
    Nov 15: 188.8
    Dec 1: 192.6 --- make xmas cookies, plus leftover thanksgiving pies, etc. Time to get back on track!
    Dec 6: 191.3

1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. cencentrate on water :)
    4. evening ... sew.... finish cleaning my sewing room ... keep busy. Do Not eat! (this is usually where I can easily eat 500-1000 calories!) :)
    5. go for walk :) Actually went on 2 walks ... 3 miles in the afternoon, and 4 in the evening .. walking and looking at xmas lights is the best therapy!

My husband had a long talk with our daughter today .. well .. both of us did. She loves to drive .. it helps her anxiety. But .. the more she drives the more risk of getting into accidents, wearing out her car, wasting money, etc.She is compulsive, and will drive 40 minutes just to get a cup of coffee... it gives her things to do and she does not feel alone when in the car. But .. as a result, she drives over 2000 miles a month. Lasts nite accident, while it can happen to anyone, did not need to happen because she was on a very busy road, in rush hour traffic .. just to get a cup of starbucks coffee.
    So hubby told her ... to think about what she does today, and how she will feel tomorrow. That the decision she makes today affects tomorrow.

So hubby and I got to talking that this also pertains to eating. Last nite, out of stress, I ate almost an entire bag of marshmallows. And I didn't even realize I had eaten them. And all nite... I felt sick. Today... I felt not only mad at myself because the weight I worked so hard to lose last year is coming back on (up 12 pounds).. because of my decisions. And today I didn't feel any better because I ate those darn marshmallows. I still went to bed depressed and sad about all the news we had, still went to bed worrying about my son, our daughter, my SIL, etc .. those marshmallows did not help those feeling to go away. So why did I eat them!!

So something to think about ... the decisions we make today affect how we will feel tomorrow.

so today, I made good decisions all day. I got in 2 walks to relieve stress. I talked to my daughter. I tried to call my son but no luck... and we have been unable to reach him. Which would lead me to eat .. because he has covid, and I have no idea if he is worse or better. He wrote and said he is better.. but as a mom I want to hear his voice. But ... I went for a walk instead.

So here is hoping that tomorrow I can remember that line also ... what I do tomorrow will affect how I will feel on thursday. I want to feel good.

Goals wed, 12/9
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. go for walks -- suppose to be 60, so try and get in 2 or 3 walks. The walking not only helps with exercise, but the best stress reliever.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tue 8 Dec

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 👿
    5 fruit and veg 👿
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 👿
    Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.2 kg lost in 7 last days

The glass of fizz to toast the Christmas tree turned into half a bottle!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    However, what on earth is a rutabaga?

a. an excellent code word
    b. a root cellar
    c. a vegetable often confused for a parsnip <---

I think that in the UK they are called Swede turnips or neeps. Like this:

how-to-cook-rutabagas-022-768x768.jpg

Ah thank you! Yeah I've deffo seen them in the shop! For some reason our swedes are more brown in colour on the outside but the our turnips have that purple colour. But I thought they were pretty much the same thing!
    I don't even know if I like it 😂
    Might as well give it a go anyway!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wed 9 Dec

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ⬇️ 0.2 kg lost in 7 last days
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wednesday goals

Stay green
    No beer
    No M&Ms
    Pull ups
    Push-ups
    1 to 1.5 hr easy ride on trainer

Worked last weekend which put me at two 12 hr shifts after my regular week... so had Monday and Tuesday off... got good workouts in but pretty much negated them with bad food choices and beer...

My neighbor has set up this area in his back yard we call base camp...

It brings out the worst in me as I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to stand next to a blazing fire without a beer in hand...
    Oh well today I’ll do better
  • teigansdad
    Options
    Pretty sure he’s also my spirit animal
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So hubby and I got to talking that this also pertains to eating. Last nite, out of stress, I ate almost an entire bag of marshmallows. And I didn't even realize I had eaten them. And all nite... I felt sick. Today... I felt not only mad at myself because the weight I worked so hard to lose last year is coming back on (up 12 pounds).. because of my decisions. And today I didn't feel any better because I ate those darn marshmallows. I still went to bed depressed and sad about all the news we had, still went to bed worrying about my son, our daughter, my SIL, etc .. those marshmallows did not help those feeling to go away. So why did I eat them!!

So something to think about ... the decisions we make today affect how we will feel tomorrow.

so today, I made good decisions all day. I got in 2 walks to relieve stress. I talked to my daughter. I tried to call my son but no luck... and we have been unable to reach him. Which would lead me to eat .. because he has covid, and I have no idea if he is worse or better. He wrote and said he is better.. but as a mom I want to hear his voice. But ... I went for a walk instead.

Walking instead is great! And a great way to relieve stress!!

I've been thinking about you and a podcast I heard with Brene Brown - it might be worth giving it a listen. It's about how stress impacts our bodies and how we need to help it 'complete the cycle'. It's an interview with a couple of women authors. Might be worth a listen! https://brenebrown.com/podcast/brene-with-emily-and-amelia-nagoski-on-burnout-and-how-to-complete-the-stress-cycle/ Towards the end, they go through the list of things than help the body release the stress ... walking is one - but they have some other ideas that might be helpful?

Hang in there. Our decisions today do effect tomorrow! I've been trying to focus each day on the GOOD thing I feel that happened because of what I did yesterday. I find it easier to stay present in my day and be happy reflecting back rather than trying to bully myself into the right choices based on tomorrow. The more I am grateful for what I did YESTERDAY, the more likely I am to NOT do something bad that day.

Anyway.. a couple of thoughts? I really am holding you in my thoughts!! You're in tough spots.
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tues:
    🙂Stretch/Staff
    🙂Lift
    🙂Teach No need! cancelled class
    🙂Wrap more presents
    🙂Log food

Wed:
    Log all food
    Teach
    Stain Wood
    Run
    Lift/Box
    Spreadsheet!!

Keeping it simple and taking one step of progress at a time :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    However, what on earth is a rutabaga?

a. an excellent code word
    b. a root cellar
    c. a vegetable often confused for a parsnip <---

I think that in the UK they are called Swede turnips or neeps. Like this:

how-to-cook-rutabagas-022-768x768.jpg

Ah thank you! Yeah I've deffo seen them in the shop! For some reason our swedes are more brown in colour on the outside but the our turnips have that purple colour. But I thought they were pretty much the same thing!
    I don't even know if I like it 😂
    Might as well give it a go anyway!

I laugh at how the posts go on JFT sometimes. I've learned so many differences between US and UK from you guys!

Rutabaga vs. turnip:
    https://www.healthstandnutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/rutabaga-vs-turnip.jpg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Recap T 12/8 ~ personal day at home due to car at repair shop
    1) Move hourly :) 13/14 & 9k
    2) Prelog / net cals zero / 14 water :) -88 & 10c
    3) Walk dog or x-train out of time & energy :#
    4) Car repairs / cont. declutter of family room / decorate / online orders / prep cards and/or gifts / update financial s/s / other? yes! = 5/7
    5) Read Luke 8 & Advent booklet / prep paperwork for blood spot test = 2/2
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (blood spot test) = 5/5

JFT W 12/9
    1) Blood spot test after shower :)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    3) Prelog / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Work in conf room w/ crummy computer: AJNH / request add'l docs / issue BC-CC report (yay ~ finally) / print EESS sheet / verify CPE files / save stuff to flash drive / sanitize room end of day
    5) Scan docs & call WWW / pick up Ulta order / shop BBB / shop Seroogy's? / shop online at TC? / drop package at UPS / 7:00 Advent service at church / read Luke 9 & Advent booklet / one chore?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work at home)

Counting today, I will have gone 3 consecutive days without walking dog or x-training. Haven't done that in very long time. But with everything else going on, and keeping active by cleaning & decorating, I'm ok with that. Back to walking dog tomorrow. So far we have gone just under 29 miles in the 50 Mile Challenge, which doesn't end until Jan. 15.

2020 Goals:
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19) 10.31.20 159.0#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20) / 5.1.20 (forgot 4.30.20) / 6.3.20 (forgot at ME again) / 6.30.20 / 8.6.20 (forgot July 31 & crazy schedule) / 8.31.20 / 9.30.20 / forgot 10.31.20 measurements but happy w/ w-i 159.0 finally below 160
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 on 1.10.20 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 on 2.8.20 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race on 4.2.20 w/ dog 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33 / Prevention virtual 5K Fun & Fit Team on 5.2.20 walked 3.48 mi w/ dog in 1:01:10 ave. pace 17:33 / RonaRunOff 5.16.20 virtual walk 5.08 miles with dog in 1:23:15 ave. pace 16:23 / 100 Miles Challenge fundraiser (per fitness tracker) & completed 5.18.20 / Bellin Run 10K virtual race on 6.6.20 w/ dog 1:41:03 ave. pace 16:14 dog definitely slows my "race pace" / Hope Isn't Canceled virtual 10K on 8.29.20 w/ dog 1:43:10 ave. pace 16:36 / Packers 5K virtual race 9.26.20 w/ dog 52:23 ave. pace 16:41 / Bellin Women's 5K virtual race 10.10.20 w/ dog 52:55 ave. pace 16:57 / virtual Run for the Hill of It 5K on 10.16.20 w/ dog 50:35 ave. pace 16:16
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr. / basement boxes May ~ very pleased w/ my progress / reorg in basement June & July / small declutter projects around house October
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY:
    1. eat breakfast :neutral: grabbed some cottage cheese at 2PM
    2. 8+ cups water :)
    3. two 15-minute mini-workouts :)
    4. 5000 steps :neutral: almost!
    5. pre-track exercise :(
    6. meal prep :neutral: didn't get very far

How is it only Wednesday? Just for WEDNESDAY:

1. eat breakfast
    2. 8+ cups water
    3. two 15-minute mini-workouts
    4. 5000 steps
    5. salad for lunch
    6. track exercise
    7. meal prep

I am seeing that unless I pre-track and pre-prep food on the weekends, I am never going to have the time/energy to meet my goals. Working 6 days a week really throws me off. I get my home clean and then tend to veg for the rest of Sunday because I have so little down time. I have to get way more intentional about my early mornings and my Sundays.
  • timgoldfarb88
    timgoldfarb88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well with all of you. Don't let yourself slip up this close to the end of the year.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options

🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🌟🎄
    🎄DECEMBER 🎄
    🎄🎅🏻🌟🤶🌟🎅🏻🎄
    What am I doing to keep busy? To name a few...
      [*] structuring my day
      [*] morning and evening meditation
      [*] Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
      [*] crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
      [*] HIIT videos off YouTube,
      [*] yoga/Taichi
      [*] Walks with DH
      [*] Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
      [*] Decluttering
      [*] Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)

Keep your chin up!
      Turning up is the ultimate success!
      2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
      01 Aug 2019: 170.1
      31 Dec 2019: 151.2
      Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
      2020 Personal Weight Challenge
      Name: Terri
      SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
      GW: 150

Jan: - 2
      Feb: - 1.3
      Mar: - 0.9
      Apri: +1.3 (not too bad, considering lockdown/Easter/Birthday this month)
      May: +0.7(working on upping my strength to tone muscles, so not unexpected. It's a balancing act! 😂)
      Jun: +0.2[c]
      1 Aug: 149.9
      01 Sept: 149.4
      09 Sept: 149.5
      1 Oct: 149.2
      December Daily Goals: Week 2
      Tues: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: Fri:
      Sat: Sun: Mon:

Weight < 150: ✅ (revised from 155)
      1 Aug 2019: 170.1
      2020:
      1 Sept 149.4
      13 Sept: 152.2 (birthday - DH)
      1 Oct: 149.2
      18 Oct: 147.2
      24 Oct: 146.0
      Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.8
      Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7 30.9:
      Calories in the green ✅
      Steps > 7500 ✅
      Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅
      Active hours > 6 daily ✅

Positive intentions:
      🎄Meditation ✅
      🎄Exercise ✅ 🌟 Circuits ✅
      🎄Daily Yoga/tai chi practice ✅
      🎄Work on Xmas cards list ✅ ongoing
      🎄Grocery shopping ✅
      🎄organise Xmas presents ✅ ongoing
      🎄Laundry ✅
      🎄Daily Chores ✅
      🎄Puzzles ✅
      🎄Watch TV ✅ 🎄Read ✅

Terri 🦄
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @mytime6630 So sorry that you are having to deal with so much at the minute 🫂 I admire your courage. At least your daughter is okay. Given what you have to deal with, I think you can forgive yourself the marshmallows.
    • TerriRichardson112
      Options
      @mytime6630

PS: Your subsequent post really struck a chord with me. This group is all about cause and effect, and the choices we make.
    • ZizzyBumble
      Options
      Thu 10 Dec

Log
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Weigh 😊 Happy Scale weight trend ↔️ 0.4kg lost in 7 last days
    • clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Options
      JFT Thursday
      1. Therapy exercises - crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
      2. 1st class: Research essay checklist. Review deadlines. Figurative Language notes
      3. 2nd-3rd classes: Continue Malala. Study guide.
      4. Lunch: Beef stew. Notes on Dispossessed.
      5. Planning: Call parents. Grade late work. Write script notes. Read Trebek.
      6. Write a letter. Dinner: Leftovers. Breathe. Other things??? Strength/yoga.
      7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
      8. Color! 1 hr reading. Review papers by desk. File or trash. Work on CV.
      9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. SHBP screening - August? MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
      End of 2017: 174.6
      End of 2018: 189.2
      End of 2019: 196.4
      End of January: 194.6
      End of February: 196.2
      End of March: 193.8
      End of April: 192.6
      End of May: 191.8
      End of June: 192.2
      End of July: 188.6
      End of August: 189.8
      End of September: 191.0
      End of October: 189.4
      End of November: 192.6
      Today: 193.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
      1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
      2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
      3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
      4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
      5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
      6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning. ObG schedule for October. When is re-up with ortho? Schedule PCP for same day.
      7. Theater: ???
      8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
      9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
      10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
      11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
      12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
      13. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: squats, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress. Just trying to avoid despair at this point.
    • teigansdad
      Options

Stay green❌
      No beer✅
      No M&Ms✅
      Pull ups✅
      Push-ups✅
      1 to 1.5 hr easy ride on trainer✅

Thursday goals

Pull ups
      Push-ups
      Stay green
      No beer
      No candy
      If we don’t do Christmas light viewing then will do Zwift ride

• aerochic42
      aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
      Options
      yesterday I couldn't bring myself to log and my steps were down, but back today

1) log food - breakfast done already
      2) 9000k steps
      3) fit christmas day 7
      4) virtual happy hour
      5) laundry this a.m.