Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @jeschepp - Best of luck today!

And yes, I'm ready. Reminders set on my tracker and morning alarms on my phone. Monday is the day I need to be up earliest (6:00 AM), so I've got extra motivation for getting to bed on time tonight.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,070 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02:
    Tue 03:
    Wed 04:
    Thu 05:
    Fri 06:
    Sat 07:
    Week 2
    Sun 08:
    Mon 09:
    Tue 10:
    Wed 11:
    Thu 12:
    Fri 13:
    Sat 14
    Sun 15:
    Mon 16:
    Tue 17:
    Wed 18:
    Thu 19:
    Fri 20:
    Sat 22:
    Sun 23:
    Mon 24:
    Tue 25:
    Wed 26:
    Thu 27:
    Fri 28:
    Sat 29:
    Sun 30:
    Mon 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sun 1 Mar
    Daily Goals: 🌷
    Activities:
    • after Lunch: visit DED and grandsons 🌷
    • Prep for Creative Writing/Monday Painters 🌷

JFT Mon 2 Mar
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10:30am: Creative Writing
    • 2pm: Monday Painters
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch WOOOHOOOOOOOOO GO BABY GIRL!!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share that my baby girl placed 3rd at Nationals!

YAY!!! Congratulations to your baby girl and to you too, Mama!!!

@meraki6 That looks delicious!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @jeschepp - Woo hoo! So glad your evening went well! Now settle down and get some sleep ;) Sweet dreams!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home

- Take regular ‘breathe/ reframe’ breaks at work to manage emotions
    - Positive affirmations

- Finish work by 7
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - French book
    - Laundry
    - Make bed
    - Make lunch
    - Find contract
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday March 1

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

@terririchards please can you put me a shamrock for 1st March. Thank you

• vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble My mother,who took the mixed nuts I was mindlessly eating & put them away a few days ago, last night acted surprised when I said no to wine at dinner and offered it again—that’s when I said, “I don’t need the calories.”. Can you enlist your parents’ support?

I have had so few days of staying green that my goal has become to weigh less at the end of each week, to lower BMI and body fat % and keep hydration at 55% on Monday am weigh ins. Which means not only is this a “marathan, not a sprint” but that I am inching along like a caterpillar.

@bookmeister86 You explained my approach too, and so well. I def need to start tracking again now new job’s routines are starting to become—-routine.

(BTW: LOVE new job providing home-based intensive behavioral therapy to toddlers with autism or developmental delays! I get to wear scrubs and skechers everyday, play with preschoolers, and support parents.)

I haven’t been tracking food intake due to new job and steep learning curve for the software we use. I also missed more workout days but then started going to my gym’s branch in da Bronx (where I now work). It’s a great gym, same friendly vibe and diversity of people as my home gym in northern NJ. So a routine is gradually emerging.

Been practicing mindfulness breathing every am on 50 min commute to get 11 miles (GWB at 7 am rush hour). Looking forward to moving back to Bronx side of Hudson River and no more GWB traffic.

@meraki6 OMG if that much melted cheese was in front of me I’d eat the whole thing.

I’ve been feeling a relapse coming on as I’ve been fantasizing about a pint of double dark choc gelato.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Leave work early for appointment
    5. Walk stairs instead of elevator
  • vermontrebecca6929
    vermontrebecca6929 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How do others manage cravings, prevent relapse, avoid binging on fav but unhealthy foods??
    I am needing support and suggestions to try this week.
    Thanks in advance for posting strategies you’ve used that work.