Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Faebert I’m pleased to see you posting again. Wishing you well for your ongoing recovery.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️ (Mar: 1

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️(Mar 1

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️
    (Mar: 1,

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,

Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks for February.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’.

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @Faebert Welcome back. Missed you.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 ☘️ me please!!!

I put it for Mar 1. Is that correct?

Yes! Thank you so much!
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @vermontrebecca6929 it takes time to develop the habits, but it's worth it in the end. One habit at a time for a week or two then add another. You are worth the effort.
    My habits:
    prelog food/beverages, balance macros/micros, stay within calorie goal, adequate hydration. CI/CO works well for me.
    Weigh/measure all food/beverages. Estimated portions are notoriously inaccurate.
    Small treats, included in prelog. Avoids the deprived feelings, and the I always carry one of my favourites in my bag.
    Allow the odd blowout, but don't go overboard. I usually do extra exercise to allow me extra calories.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️ (Mar: 1,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️Mar: 1

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,

Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks for February.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’.

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @vermontrebecca6929 it takes time to develop the habits, but it's worth it in the end. One habit at a time for a week or two then add another. You are worth the effort.

👆👆Totally agree with Terri. I had many starts and stops over the past 6 years, but it wasn’t until 2 years ago when I decided to make myself a priority that things started to stick. I also took baby steps. I used to try to do everything at once, but would end up crashing. You just have to know you’re in it for the long haul. Sometimes it gets frustrating taking it slowly, but it is so worth it! And as Terri said, YOU are worth the effort! 💕
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 a ☘️ for the 2nd, please.

MONDAY:
    - substitute 1/2 day🟢
    - Volunteer for book fair🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - More work on taxes (making progress, but they are more complicated this year)🔴
    - Go for a walk🔴
    - Prep for hubby’s bday🔴

JFT TUESDAY:
    - substitute 1/2 day
    - Volunteer for book fair
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Stay green
    - Go for a walk (not sure I can squeeze it in)
    - Vote
    - Church music rehearsal 6:30-9:00
    - Fill out school forms
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Typical Tuesday rush. Lots of misses yesterday. Posting goals now and will catch up with you all later.

JFT Goals for Tuesday, March 3, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Gym/Walk outdoors - √
    • Make appts: vet, salon – X
    • Get ticket for alumni event – X
    • Bank/bills – X
    • Plants (bulbs in porch planters) – X
    • Finish laundry – 30% - hung up damp gym clothes and did one more load
    • Prep for research class conferences – 50%
    • Online course HW (discussion) - √

March sleep challenge >:)
    • Goal – 7 hours of rest
    o 10:30 PM – start to wind down
    o 11:30 PM – lights out
    o 6:30 AM – up and ready to start the new day

JFT Goals for Tuesday, March 3, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym/Walk outdoors
    • Make appts: vet, salon
    • Get ticket for alumni event
    • Bank/bills
    • Finish laundry
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

My biggest problem is takeout lunches at work, evening snacking and lack of movement.

I can tell you all of the excuses I’m using but truthfully I’m just not into it.

I have promised myself I’ll only have one day a week for takeout lunch. I have done that last week and this week I haven’t. Today I took my lunch but when everyone else decided on Dairy Queen I had a burger too. At least I didn’t get the fries, coke and ice cream like everyone else. Then I came home from work and Rodger decided we should order pizza. I ate a small pizza by myself because it was there not because I wanted it really. Didn’t avoid the coke with that.

I am craving carbs terribly and want all the potato chips in the world! When I started this weight loss round two years ago I was able to just do it and I was doing it until this past July. I have now gained back 15 of my 25 lb loss and I know I need to get back at it, but I can’t seem to find my determination to do it.

I’m going to keep trying, keep logging and keep posting my goals. I know if I do that I won’t give up completely. I also am still weighing daily. I think I need to sign up for a couple of exercise classes, some more swim lessons, something that is costing me money if I don’t do. That might get me going again. I also think spring will get me going again.

I’m anxious to start my walking again, but I hate walking inside in a track.

Thanks for asking, it made me think about it and write it all out. Oh! Your afternoon snacks are my evening snacks, after Rodger goes to bed. Those are definitely not helping.
    M

Sorry for not replying to this before now. How are you doing now?

It sounds to me like you are already doing some things well. You did really well at Dairy Queen - ok, you had a burger, but you didn't have what everyone else was having and that must have taken loads of willpower!

I notice your comment about "I'm just not into it". I think there's a common perception (I used to have this) that to lose weight you have to 'gear up', be in the zone, etc. Actually, that is never sustainable. What is sustainable is making small changes to your lifestyle over time that you feel comfortable with and can maintain. It might take a bit longer to lose that way - and for a while you might not lose - but in the long run if you lose weight through small changes you will keep it off.

I'm trying that approach, and it is taking longer, and it is frustrating because I want my excess weight to shift itself, but I am reminding myself that it is more important to change the lifestyle for the long-term than it is to lose weight quickly.

It feels to me like focusing on just one habit at a time will slowly bring your weight to where you want it to be. Some thoughts I have are:
    - It sounds like you are doing well with the takeout lunch. Keep at it! You might want to think about whether one per week is realistic for you, or whether actually you need to allow for two to factor in spontaneous requests from colleagues? All of your rules have to be realistic or they are less likely to happen
    - Keep logging - I agree that means you won't give up, and it will also give you information on where your calories are coming from so you can prioritize which areas to focus on
    - Accept that you're going to have an afternoon/evening snack, and actively plan this in. This is another Half Size Me recommendation (I should get commission...). The thinking is that if you allow yourself a treat every day - but plan it in and control it - then you won't feel deprived of treats and will be less likely to eat too many/ binge when you do have them. I'm trying to have a chocolate bar every day, except for the days where I'm eating out where I don't have many calories spare (and I figure the eating out is the treat). For you, it might be a (portion sized) bag of potato chips every day! (I loooooove potato crisps too, or crisps as I call them)
    - Your exercise ideas sound great. The key thing with exercise is to make it something you enjoy - if you don't enjoy it, you won't do it. Remember though that in the grand scheme of things exercise is less influential than eating when it comes to weight control. So, if you don't manage to get much exercise in, don't worry about that too much.

I hope this helps. Keep checking in, letting us know how you're getting on. There's a big pool of brains here, we're all here to give ideas and help each other!