MONDAY:
    - Log every bite🟢
    - Workout🔴
    - Stay green🔴
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Laundry🔴
    - Dishes🟢
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves🔴

I decided to go grocery shopping yesterday so that derailed some of my plans. The shopping is such a process it literally takes hours to plan it, shop, decontaminate and store it all. I get such anxiety going into the store. Luckily I’m stocked for another couple of weeks.

JFT TUESDAY:
    - Log every bite
    - Workout
    - Stay green
    - Homeschool
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves

Be well! 💕
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Check email. Write everything down before it goes in the mouth. Update class sites. Email student.
    3. Answer student emails; extra credit from Monday. Call doctor and check on prescription. Send D for groceries.
    4. Lunch: soup. Yoga with core/balance work. 15 minutes looking for senior photos! Bike ride?
    5. Write and publish a blog post. Read through ch 8 of God of Small Things. Organize bookshelf.
    6. PM walk. Color! Fold laundry. Take recycling.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    8. Update Goodreads. Message Z.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wednesday: Sign contract. Take work for Hope.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    End of March: 193.8
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Google Hangout.
    12. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Progress.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Welcome newbies! This is a fantastic group for support & accountability. Best wishes on your journey.

JFT M 4/13 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings = Fitbit 12,803 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 34 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green / 14c water = Net cals -132 :/ sodium -1,086 :s sugar -11 :/ fiber & protein good :) 12c water
    3) Work from home :) / Facebook Live noon :)
    4) Make pea soup using leftover ham :)
    5) Walk dog = Due to wind, kept to neighborhood cul de sacs 3.21 mi 58:27. At least sun was out B) happy dog & happy me
    6) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley:

JFT T 4/14 ~ keeping things simple
    1) Move hourly (pace if have to) / 5 somethings
    2) Net calories green / 14c water
    3) Work from home
    4) Walk dog
    5) Call L and/or T
    6) At least one home chore
    7) Floss / retainers

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20 / 4.1.20 (forgot 3.31.20)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47 / Badger State Brewing 10K virtual race w/ dog on 4/2/20 1:44:16 ave. pace 16:33
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes & home office (some more) Mar. / decluttered/cleaned in bedroom & more basement boxes Apr.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 14 April

Log :)
    Stay in the green ;) Very close
    Fruit and. veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Managed to meet my goals today so think I deserve a 💐
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Tuesday 14 April

Log :)
    Stay in the green ;) Very close
    Fruit and. veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Managed to meet my goals today so think I deserve a 💐

I love the 💐!!! You definitely DO deserve one! :smile:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    R2che wrote: »
    Good Morning.
    I’d love to join in.
    Have gained a stone and a half since meeting my partner... so we’ve decided to do this together.
    My ultimate goal is to get back to about 8st 10. I’m currently at10 st 5
    Nothing fits me😭

Today I will stay within my calories, and eat back any exercise calories I do.
    Drink water
    Track everything
    And keep myself busy

@R2che WELCOME! Wishing you a most successful and enjoyable journey. 🎈💐🎈WELCOME😃
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Good morning everyone! Welcome to our new JFTers! :mrgreen:

Feeling very discombobulated today, so I'm not going to even go back to look for yesterday's post. Just starting fresh. The last two days have not been exactly stellar...as in the fact that I ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting. WTH? I just didn't care. They tasted good and I wanted them and I just didn't care. Not one of my better moments. I need to get a grip on this boredom and emotional eating. I was doing really well so not sure why I bottomed out on Easter and yesterday...

I need to start actually scheduling exercise time and adhering to the blocks of time.

Have a great day everyone!

GRATITUDE: Today I am grateful for this time at home with my husband, even though I'm working. :heart:

WOTY: Persistence

Just for Tuesday:
    • Journal every single bite.
    • DRINK WATER AND DECAF TEA! Your fingers are puffing up like sausages because you are not drinking enough water. Get with it!
    • 30 minutes of intentional activity today - no excuses. Just do it.
    • Lymphedema massage x2 / lymphedema exercises on arm / knee exercises.
    • Listen to Half Size Me podcast and view daily You Tube videos she has been doing during COVID shutdown.
    • 15 minutes in my "Quiet Corner"
    • DYE MY FREAKING HAIR! OMG. I look like Einstein only I'm female and my mustache is still pluckable! Bwahahaha
    • Cut freggies to grab for snacks
    • Finish the handout/video project for work.
    • Bed by 10:30 / get up with alarm

4sbwcxc2uxel.png

@PackerFanInGB 😆 That picture... 😂😂my hair when I have a bad hair day without all the grey... And oooo Girrrl... We're not even going there with the bottoming out. I've done my share. Sometimes I feel like I could wallow in butter, use biscuits for pillows, and soak in ice cream...😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂 I'm sure we've all crawled into a bag or box of cookies or donuts and not come up for air until we've inhaled the whole lot of them. We're funny people that way. Truth.... They are delicious. They're lousy in what it does to our bodies. The Beautiful thing is, we get another chance and another try to do things the right way. XOXOX (((HUGS))). WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER. WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT. WE'RE GONNA WIN!
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Daily habits: track, 😀exercise, 🤨journal😀

Tuesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, pill😀
    2. Weights, 😀abs, 👿stretch 👿
    3. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge😀
    4. On computer, video ready at 0655😀
    5. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean😀
    6. Lunch= salad + chicken😀
    7. Dinner = homemade TV dinner😀
    8. Make 2 new salads😀
    9. Meditate😀
    10. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30🤞

Ok day. Got most of my action plan done, but where I skimped was on an important self care part—exercise. With me sidelined from almost everything it’s key to keep how it’s what little I can safely do. Need to keep planning the “when” of exercising and just put it into my crammed Outlook calendar. 9am tomorrow! Or 11am. But before lunch!

Hope everyone is doing well (enough) and staying safe and healthy! Thoughts are with all of you!

Daily habits: track, exercise, journal Wednesday Action Plan
    1. Up at 0600, pill,pets, pill
    2. Water bottle at desk, apple in fridge
    3. On computer, video ready at 0625
    4. Healthy breakfast at desk: yogurt + GoLean
    5. Abs and stretches at 9am
    6. Hang laundry
    7. Lunch= protein pancakes
    8. Dinner = salad + family food
    9. Freeze remaining ham
    10. Meditate
    11. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:30
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member

TUESDAY:
    - Log every bite🟢
    - Workout🔴
    - Stay green🟢
    - Homeschool🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves🔴

I logged and stayed green. Just didn’t make time to exercise. I’ll do better today.

JFT WEDNESDAY:
    - Log every bite
    - Workout
    - Stay green
    - Homeschool
    - Set up virtual school meeting for E
    - Set up virtual dance class for B
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Store winter boots/hats/gloves

Be well! 💕
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    It sounded like some folks are up for a new challenge and liked the idea of earning Spring Flowers.

Since I need to get back in the habit of logging, my goal will be to log everything and exercise (10k walk or lifting program) to earn a flower.

No time like the present!

SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE!
    April 15th - May 31st
    Earn a 🌸🌼🌷🥀🌺💐🌻🌹 each day you hit your personal goal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited April 2020
    🌺🌸🌼SPRING FLOWER CHALLENGE🌼🌸🌺
    🎯 Set your own daily goal 🎯
    🌺🌸🌼 Earn one flower for each day 🌼🌸🌺
    ❗️ From 16 April to 31 May (46 days) ❗️
    Daily Goal: 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    April:

May:
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    edited April 2020
    Yesterday was almost more negative than positive because I ended up having a couple post yard work beers then a calorie heavy dinner. I ended up hitting the trainer a second time and redeemed myself for the most part. Today is the last day before I start back at work after almost 2 weeks off. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the stress but I do think itlll help me cut back on boredom calories.

Goals for today
    Long tempo ride on trainer
    Mow the lawn if weather permits
    Make a nice dinner
    ~500 cal in green
    Get a few supplies
    Be positive
    No beer (slept awful last night and can’t afford to be sleep deprived and stressed)

Gonna take the next few days while working (will be working 10 instead of 8 hr days) and for workout at night just do easy base to tempo rides so that I burn calories but also not stress.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited April 2020
    kxb0bcr2i12u.jpeg

I am grateful...
    • ...that I have been gifted another day
    • ...that my seeds are sprouting
    • ...that I had an uneventful shopping for essentials trip early this morning
    • For all those essential workers still going out there....
      🙏🏻 Thank you for your service 🙏🏻
      Everyone else, please stay home!!!
    What am I doing to keep busy?
    To name a few...
    • working on a Memories Project for my grandson
    • I’ve joined a 14 day on line art challenge (search for painters on line on Facebook)
    • structuring my day
    • morning and evening meditation
    • Using the internet to ‘talk’ to family
    • crochet, jigsaws, journaling, gardening, reading, writing .......
    • HIIT videos off YouTube,
    • yoga/Taichi
    • Walks with DH
    • Cleaning! Cleaning! Cleaning! 😂
    • Decluttering
    • Stress relievers (search YouTube for Paul McKenna)
    Keep your chin up!
    The only failure is giving up!

2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Mar: - 0.9
    Tue 31 Mar: 147.9
    April:
    Week 1
    Wed 01: 148.1
    Thu 02: 147.2 💖 finally off the plateau! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    Fri 03: 147.8
    Sat 04: 147.2
    Sun 05: 147.5
    Mon 06: 147.4
    Tue 07: 147.2 Almost at my goal weight!
    Week 2
    Wed 08: 147.3
    Thu 09: 142.6 😱 Now, logic suggests that I can't have lost almost 5 lbs overnight, but I'm putting it out there, although I'm expecting this to bounce up again tomorrow.
    Fri 10: 144
    Sat 11: 146.2
    Sun 12: 149.1: 😜 Scale needed new batteries! Gotta cut back on the Easter treats. 😂
    Mon 13: 148.8🐣 Easter treats! 😂 Chocolate overload!
    Tue 14: 149.4:
    Week 3:
    Wed 15: 148.8
    Thu 16:
    Fri 17:
    Sat 18:
    Sun 19:
    Mon 20: 🎈🎉🎈74th Birthday 🎈🎉🎈
    Tue 21:
    Week 4:
    Wed 22:
    Thu 23:
    Fri 24:
    Sat 25:
    Sun 26:
    Mon 27:
    Tue 28:
    Wed 29:
    Thu 30:
    Fri 31:
    Still working on the project for my Grandson's birthday present.
    JFT Tue 14 Apr
    Daily goals:
    Sleep: 🌷
    Meditation:🌷2 mindfulness videos
    Cardio: > 30🌷Walking and some gardening
    Strength: > 10🌷General
    Flex: >10🌷Yoga
    Prelog: stay in the green 🌷
    Weight: < 150🌷
    Steps: > 7500🌷10261
    Fitbit > 6 active hours 🌷9 done
    Mood: 😎