Calorie Counter

Message Boards Getting Started
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

2020 Welcome Noobs to MFP

167891012»

Replies

• cdg122059cdg122059 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hello all!! I'm new here too. I started on 9-16 and also started working with a personal trainer on that same day. Since I've started I have lost 15 lbs and about 4-5 inches overall. I will say the workouts seem to be easier to me than the calorie counting. I LOVE FOOD!! I'm getting the hang of MFP, slowly. I started adding everything I eat as a brand new food, it is more time consuming, but I feel, for me, it is more accurate than trying to find the right foods on the searches.
    Hoping to get lots of inspiration and motivation from all of you.

Have a great night!!
  • lgluck2lgluck2 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! I am not exactly a noob I have been here before. But I figured new year, new me....Please feel free to add me. I could use some like minded friends to keep me accountable :)
  • schmustyschmusty Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! I’ve been using MFP for a while but pretty spotty in actually tracking - gotten serious about it now. Have over 100 pounds to lose and definitely looking for more friends on here! :smile:
  • pbellis317pbellis317 Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, I am not great at using boards, but I am giving it a try. I guess what I have learned in my first week is to be aware of what I am putting into my body and learning to live with the decisions I make. The most telling part is realizing that I do not need as many calories as I thought I did and feel satisfied with the food I am consuming. I am learning to designate when i am hungry and when what my body is telling me it needs is hydration. It is good to be in control of something in this age of the pandemic.
  • 22Callisto2222Callisto22 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. I’ve been trying this since 6th Oct & have lost 6.5 lbs. I feel that’s a little slow as I wanted to lose 2lb a week. However, I’m always hungry. I’m drinking and have started jogging now, but trying to stick to 2000 calories is really hard as what I’m having isn’t filling me up.

I can only eat peanuts & pistachios & they’re quite fatty I understand. I stick to 5%fat mean unless I’m having steak. And rarely eat anything fried. It’s snacks that get me.

Today I have had
    Cereal with semi skimmed milk fir breakfast.

3 rice cakes with sardines for lunch
    A coffee & 4 sugar free cookies

Dinner was twice cooked chips, boiled and roasted with fry light spray, and S slimming world curry.

I had a scoop of ice cream and some crisps and dip as a treat. However I am famished. I feel like I could eat a full breakfast. It’s so frustrating.

Please advise.
  • Snyoung86Snyoung86 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone. This is probably the 10th time I have downloaded this MFP app. So here we go again! I need exercise friends. I need someone to hold me accountable and go for a walk with me or go to the gym. I live in Benton Arkansas. Roughly 315 lbs. I have a 1.5 year old son that I HAVE to get healthy for. I’m an emotional and bored eater.