Serious Questions Only Thread

Replies

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I may be fishing for disagreefish, but did astrology ever go out of vogue? I have seen and heard more of it in recent times. I've had two dates end at the knowledge of my sign as the thought was that we were incompatible. Truth is, just by letting that decide makes it true.

Wait...you mean 2 ladies ended a date with you because your signs didnt match !? Ya, were their astrological signs capraCRAZY?

Astrology played a huge role in my marriage ending.

Really???

yup, after 14 years and 4 children a reading determined we were incompatible. Go figure :D

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Astronomy played a minor role in my marriage ending.
  • s131951
    I may be fishing for disagreefish, but did astrology ever go out of vogue? I have seen and heard more of it in recent times. I've had two dates end at the knowledge of my sign as the thought was that we were incompatible. Truth is, just by letting that decide makes it true.

Wait...you mean 2 ladies ended a date with you because your signs didnt match !? Ya, were their astrological signs capraCRAZY?

Really???

yup, after 14 years and 4 children a reading determined we were incompatible. Go figure :D

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Are you an astronomer? :lol:

I can't believe there are people in today's age that still believe in star signs and all that hokum.

I wish! Though my study of astronomy and physics led to insecurity issues. If she didn't understand something I was talking about then of course I would think she was stupid. It's a recurring theme. Why?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Do you ever social media stalk your exes? If so, how much and why?

Only my ex-husband and only once, briefly. I thought I saw someone who looked like him one day and realized that I hadn't set eyes on him since 1986 and had no idea what he looked like now. He doesn't have any social media of his own but I did find pics of him on his wife's social media. They seem to be happy and I'm glad he eventually found someone who's right for him.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    I want something delicious for dinner. Or should I just eat what I have at home?
  • isalsayourface123
    Did my run...weights yea? Or nay?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Really???

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I can't believe there are people in today's age that still believe in star signs and all that hokum.

I wish! Though my study of astronomy and physics led to insecurity issues. If she didn't understand something I was talking about then of course I would think she was stupid. It's a recurring theme. Why?

Uhm, you would think she was stupid.. or she would think that about herself?

I ask because even though I don't know you or her, a lot of women have issues of insecurity revolving around the fact that we are constantly being "explained to" as though we don't know what a person is talking about (typically men), which may or may not be the case. It's frustrating and annoying, to be sure. And when intelligence is all you have going for you, yeah.. I can see where insecurities would arise. :grimace:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Where have all the flowers gone?
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member

Yup
  • s131951
    edited January 2020

Really???

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I ask because even though I don't know you or her, a lot of women have issues of insecurity revolving around the fact that we are constantly being "explained to" as though we don't know what a person is talking about (typically men), which may or may not be the case. It's frustrating and annoying, to be sure. And when intelligence is all you have going for you, yeah.. I can see where insecurities would arise. :grimace:

I would just talk about it excitedly as a nerd does. It was brought up later that it made her feel stupid.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Is cereal soup?
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Is cereal soup?

Hopefully served chilled, if it is
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Is cereal soup?

Well i say even if it is it doesnt matter. Kind of like a tomato is technically a fruit, but you wont ever see it in a fruit salad. ;)

Cereal is cereal......and tomatoes are best thought of as vegetables even if they technically are not :)
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Why is kik so popular on MFP

vh3tt1ndl1u4.gif
    What is your kik

w4v8wzhcaum5.gif
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

Really???

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

That's different. Astronomy is a real science. Astrology is.....well not that
  • KosmosKitten

Really???

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I would just talk about it excitedly as a nerd does. It was brought up later that it made her feel stupid.

Yep, I 100% get this. I'm married to a rather nerdy guy who gets super geeked out over some things. And yeah, we've had that conversation more than once. For him, he didn't realize that how he was speaking to me about said nerdy topic was making me feel small and I didn't understand (until we talked) that he was genuinely not trying to at all.. he just kinda was in his own head, talking a million miles a minute about something that super interested him.

I've gotten to the point now where I just sort of listen and then ask questions when I want clarification. He had this annoying habit of explaining things to me because he automatically assumed I wouldn't know what he was talking about (some obscure reference or interest) and well, he's wrong more than he's right. :lol:
  • ythannah

Always yea!
  • isalsayourface123
    ythannah wrote: »

Always yea!

Yeeesss. Did it! I guess it wasnt a serious question....oops :#
  • KosmosKitten
    Why do people voluntarily live where the air hurts their face (I.E. it's so cold it's in the negative digits)?
  • ythannah
    Why do people voluntarily live where the air hurts their face (I.E. it's so cold it's in the negative digits)?

Well. It was involuntary initially because my father was offered a job at the uni here and, at age 4, I didn't have a choice. :D I was intending to move to a slightly warmer part of the country after undergrad but there was a guy, and then I got a well-paid job with a good pension and benefits, then I bought a house... and the whole moving thing just got more cumbersome and possibly less advantageous.

Some people live here because they genuinely enjoy winter activities like skiing and snowboarding and sledding. I think they might have a higher tolerance for cold, they really don't seem to mind it.