Why is kik so popular on MFP

vh3tt1ndl1u4.gif
    What is your kik

w4v8wzhcaum5.gif

I feel like this gif was built for me
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    I may be fishing for disagreefish, but did astrology ever go out of vogue? I have seen and heard more of it in recent times. I've had two dates end at the knowledge of my sign as the thought was that we were incompatible. Truth is, just by letting that decide makes it true.

Here's my take on it, right or wrong in your case. We all find certain qualities in others agreeable or not. If a person had a quality we didn't care for, then finding out their sign might reinforce our experience that all those under the sign of Flaberhounder have that disagreeable trait. Some do the same with nationality, age group, religion & so much more.

I've personally seen certain qualities in certain signs that a vast majority possess & it's either intriguing or off putting. You know who you are, Flaberhounders. So, it might be the other way 'round... a trait is off putting, then they try to make sense of it.

Some place no credence in signs. Then look what happens...

giphy.gif

Or, they could just be flat-out kooky.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Why do bad things happen in 3s?
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    A girl who is friend at work yesterday said I have a type A personality. Is that good or bad? What is type A?
  • LiftNRiot

Self fulfilling prophecy.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Count yourself lucky; sometimes that dark cloud just seems to hover. Lol
  • TarryTaffy
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    A girl who is friend at work yesterday said I have a type A personality. Is that good or bad? What is type A?

From Wiki: "Type A individuals... outgoing, ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status-conscious, sensitive, impatient, anxious, proactive, and concerned with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics"

Some say it as a negative, implying aggressiveness & pushy, me-first qualities. There are those unbridled Type As, but not all are unpleasant to be around.

Most of us Type As are leaders, achievers & talk fast, walk fast, think fast. I don't take it as an insult. I am Type A.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »

From Wiki: "Type A individuals... outgoing, ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status-conscious, sensitive, impatient, anxious, proactive, and concerned with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics"

Some say it as a negative, implying aggressiveness & pushy, me-first qualities. There are those unbridled Type As, but not all are unpleasant to be around.

Most of us Type As are leaders, achievers & talk fast, walk fast, think fast. I don't take it as an insult. I am Type A.

Don't pigeonhole yourselves.

Everyone has different personality traits - people like to put "types" to them because it's their way of rationalising the world to suit their way of thinking (and often make learning about people less effort because they're lazy).

Take time to understand each other :wink:
  • LiftNRiot

With a little more context, i told her my doctor wanted to put me on anxiety meds. She said "makes sense, you are a Type A personaility. A control freak." So im trying to evaluate this statement and see how much it applies to me. At some level it makes sense, but like @Shadowsan said, dont want to pigeon hole myself.
  • TarryTaffy
    Shadowsan wrote: »

Everyone has different personality traits - people like to put "types" to them because it's their way of rationalising the world to suit their way of thinking (and often make learning about people less effort because they're lazy).

giphy.gif

I get your point, but, I didn't make up the "system", was just explaining it. Those called Type A are often accused of possessing negative quality traits. I was explaining they don't have to be.

I don't know how the OP's friend meant the comment... maybe she's pigeonholing, or not. Descriptives don't necessarily need to be judgmental.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Shadowsan wrote: »

giphy.gif

I get your point, but, I didn't make up the "system", was just explaining it. Those called Type A are often accused of possessing negative quality traits. I was explaining they don't have to be.

I don't know how the OP's friend meant the comment... maybe she's pigeonholing, or not. Descriptives don't necessarily need to be judgmental.

Course, I wasn't saying you were - i'm just pointing out that categorisation of people is a construct made up to make it easier to generalise and judge - I know you were just helping answer the question :smile:
  • isalsayourface123

Self fulfilling prophecy.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Count yourself lucky; sometimes that dark cloud just seems to hover. Lol

Technically no bad things are happening...well aside from my heat giving out. But that's not awful...just made me think of people who say bad things come in 3s...
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    I’d like to have the OP’s phone number
  • isalsayourface123

I said serious questions

Why does my cat growl like a dog? He also likes balls.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member

I said serious questions

Why does my cat growl like a dog? He also likes balls.

Amazeballs?
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    What's the luminosity of Sirius?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    s131951 wrote: »
    What's the luminosity of Sirius?

Black.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    How do you get World Peace?