Starting 30 Day Shred today - 7/20 - anyone in?

Options

Replies

• katlynx6
    katlynx6 Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi all! I know I'm a couple days late but I'm starting today so I'd love to join you all :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd love to join in if it's not too late!

I just did day 1, level 1, and whoooo-eeeeeeee :) I feel great! Let's just see if I'm saying the same thing tomorrow. :wink: How's everyone doing so far?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi all, I'd love to join in if it's not too late!

I just did day 1, level 1, and whoooo-eeeeeeee :) I feel great! Let's just see if I'm saying the same thing tomorrow. :wink: How's everyone doing so far?
  • Flippy44
    Flippy44 Posts: 77
    Options
    If you feel great after D1L1 - wow. I'm impressed. I wanted to yack. :D
  • katlynx6
    Options
    So I have to admit I'm impressed! I've never done any workout DVDs before and I was definately skeptical, but what a workout! Jillian kicked my butt haha. I felt great after finishing it though, and could definately feel the burn! I'm semi-looking foward to the soreness I'm sure I'll have tomorrow... Its how i can tell when something is working! I also went on the elliptical for some additional cardio.

How is is going for everyone else?
  • tp180000
    tp180000 Posts: 3
    Options
    I did it today - boy is she tough! I'm logging it as Calisthenics (push-ups, sit-ups) vigorous effort. I was way disappointed to see it only counted as 237 calories burned. How is everyone logging it?
  • katlynx6
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training - but I too was disappointed, as it showed up as only 150 calories burned. However I figure that that is only an estimate and what really matters is how the workout felt!
  • bookluvr
    bookluvr Posts: 1
    Options
    If it isn't too late - I would like to hop on board with this group. I have started it before but had to stop. Now I am ready to start again.

Before I started out with no weights - this time I think I will start with the light weights and work my way up.

Thanks!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I just did Day 1.

Good grief. I was sweating like a filthy pig.

I was also mid grunt when Jillian actually said I want to hear you grunting with effort
  • Flippy44
    Options
    I did it today - boy is she tough! I'm logging it as Calisthenics (push-ups, sit-ups) vigorous effort. I was way disappointed to see it only counted as 237 calories burned. How is everyone logging it?

I count it as Circuit Training - General as well for 22 mins. I got 202 cals out of the deal and it was a bummer, but I can't say I'm too surprised. 22 mins of anything isn't going to give you much. This is more a muscle builder and toner than a huge weight dropper I'm thinking.

At least today (day 4) I can walk - a little! :D
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

I count it as Circuit Training - General as well for 22 mins. I got 202 cals out of the deal and it was a bummer, but I can't say I'm too surprised. 22 mins of anything isn't going to give you much. This is more a muscle builder and toner than a huge weight dropper I'm thinking.

At least today (day 4) I can walk - a little! :D

Made me laugh - thanks! I also count it as circuit training, and while you're right that 22 minutes of anything has it's limits - the workout feels intense sometimes. I did day 1 yesterday and am stiff and sore today.... took the day off. I'll try to force myself to *ENJOY* the workout tomorrow. Glad to have some peeps to sweat it out with!
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    Ok, maybe I just weigh more than everyone else but I get really close to 400 calories for 20 mins, when I log it under 'Circuit training general'.
  • katlynx6
    Options
    I.am.so.sore.! Yesterday was my second day and I managed to get through the workout. :smile: I put forth a pretty intense effort but I have to admit that I definitely have to do the modified version of pushups! And the strength training on the 3rd circuit is killer... (the side to side lunges with the weight raises). I thought my legs were pretty strong but apparently I overestimated haha. My quads are not happy with me today.

So far I have been doing it on my ipod at the gym at work, with 5 lb weights. However the gym at work isnt open on the weekends so I'll probably do it at home, with the smaller weights we have here. I figure that will allow my body to recouperate somewhat while still getting in my workout.

So what is everybody's favorite/least favorite move from the shred? :tongue:
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hi guys i am on day 6. while it is definitely easier than day 1, i still get winded on the cardio, the jump roping kills me. im almost scared to see level two.
  • Flippy44
    Options
    I took yesterday off. I was just too sore. Since day 1 I had been walking like a broken duck and stairs were out of the question. I'll be back at it tonight for day 4.

And Katlynx6 - I so understand exactly what you mean. I have to do the knee push ups and I am only using 1lbs weights and those side lunges ARE a killer!!
  • Flippy44
    Options
    Got through tonight (D4/L1). Hubby did it with me tonight. BOY was that fun. He's the gym rat and I could tell he didn't think much of my 22min DVD workout. Until he did it. :laugh: HE was the one stopping to take breaks and *I* was the one pushing through it. That was so gratifying.

(to be fair, I'm still only using 1lbs weights and he tried to use 8lbs weights, but of course he's the gym rat, and this is the most days in a row I've worked out - ever.) :love:
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    can i jump in here? i realize i'm way late. but maybe seeing everyone just a week ahead of me will keep me motivated to get where you're at - to push through the pain as jillian would say! i picked up the dvd this am and i made the mistake of buying 5 lb. handweights. i did the level 1 workout about an hour ago for the first time and was reallly wishing i had bought the 3 or even 2 pounders! lol the side lunges with the arms killed. i couldn't get in all the reps on that one. and there were a few times times i had to take a 5 second breather and sip of water. the butt kicks killed. the lunges killed. my hamstrings and quads were, still are, on FIRE. i dunno how much weight i will lose on this, since it's ony 20 min. but it's def going to tone something!
  • kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Options
    Level 1 - Day 1 done. I was using 3 lb hand weights and was wishing I had bought the 2 lb ones! I had been doing weight machines for my arms at the gym and they're nothing compared to this! Holy Cow!! I'm sure I'm not gonna want to move tomorrow but doing this has motivated me even more because I WANT to do it. (Which for me is completely surprising b/c I've always been the one that just made up an excuse for whatever it was and just procrastinated.) The bicycle crunches were really hard and I could only do a couple but just filled the rest of the time with the reverse sit ups. I need more help at the bottom anyway! :)
  • mommyofbandb
    Options
    Hey!! I started the 30 day shred on 7/22. I didn't workout on the 23rd so today was day 3 of level 1. I LOVE it!! I hate the jumping jacks though but whatever it takes I'm going to do it!! I am so excited to see this weight come off!!! :happy:
  • katlynx6
    Options
    So I have to admit that I wasn't able to get in my 30 day shred this weekend. I know I'm making excuses (family came in from out of town) and I'm a little upset I got off track but I'm back at work today so I have no reason to avoid the gym!