LAST 10 lbs...LET'S DO IT!!!

epangili
epangili Posts: 818 Member
edited January 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hi all,
Anyone on their final ten pounds to lose of their weight loss journey?

Let's keep accountable and encourage each other by checking in together daily.

Copy, paste, respond, and post the 3 topics below:
1. Victory
2. Challenge
3. Encouragement, tip, advice, trick, etc.

For me today,
1. Victory: still my high school weight despite that time of the month only women are blessed with.
2. Challenge: Over thinking the 9.5 lbs more to go till reach doctor's goal for me is daunting and stimulating impatience.
3. Keep thinking one day at a time, one moment at a time. Also, prefer long 2 hours walks for fat burning purposes and decompressing by verbally processing my emotions with a friend rather than eating them.

Replies

• staciabuchanan
    staciabuchanan Posts: 5 Member
    1. Still down most of the weight despite deciding to go “off diet” since Friday.
    2. Feeling constantly hungry after eating so much sugar this weekend.
    3. Just trying to make it to workout class tonight. Once I do that I will feel better about myself.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Between 2 dinner meetings I went home to brush and floss my teeth so that I wouldn't eat a second dinner and successfully by passed it even though everyone was eating around me
    2. Challenge: I fasted lunch and then stuffed my face with 3 pizza slices at union meeting that served dinner then needed to go to a church leadership meeting that served dinner as well.
    3. Brushing and flossing my teeth to discourage eating second dinner. Logging my food immediately to further convince myself kitchen is closed because I was a little over calories.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Size 5 slacks falls to midway down my glutes even with thermals underneath and successfully I.F. for 19 hours
    2. Challenge: Potluck for bible study ate before but indulged in some not healthy choices
    3. I.F. usually works for me but T.O.M. seems to hamper my efforts along with meeting treats.
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    1. Victory 15 days successfully fasted one meal a day for my church's 40 fast
    2. Challenge: retaining water from T.O.M.
    3. Need to keep a snack in the car since went straight from work, to meeting, to leading a step study not getting home till 10pmish. At least no meeting treats available in either this time.
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    Above was yesterday
    Today 1/16
    1. Victory: got a 40 minute walk in before it started raining and on point with log goal
    2. Challenge: carby day with tomato soup and open faced cheese toast because of rain and chill. Off plan whim.
    3. Walking off stress after work curbed ravenous hunger. My weakness is stress eating.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    1. Victory - I'm inside my maintenance range (though at the high end) and generally comfortable with my daily calorie allowance.
    2. Challenge - Remembering to take all my (prescribed) supplements on time and putting back the 6# of muscle I've lost over the years that I WASN'T taking my supplements as I was meant to. :P
    3. Encouragement, tip, advice, trick, etc. - Walking is a good time for meditation and I have new books downloaded in my Audible app that I'm excited to listen to when I walk home from work each day.
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    1. Victory: I'm in the normal bmi on the Asian American bmi chart and a colleague remarked with admiration, "Wow, someone is REALLY shrinking!" I thanked her and said doctor says 10 more lbs (then I'm in the middle of normal bmi range on the Asian American bmi chart). She said I needed to get a new doctor because he's crazy and I don't need to.
    2. Challenge: Within goal intake but not as low carb as I would like and for me, little mistakes tend show up more easily in the last leg of weight loss journey
    3. Instead of stress eating today prayed, took a walk, jounaled, I took a hot shower after work, got a massage, watched a comedy movie to laugh it off and talked to a friend. Using more tools to cope with stress instead of bad habit of eating my feelings. I'm also now pausing to ask myself if I'm hungry and listen to my stomach. When I began my weightloss journey I was obese in the Asian American bmi chart so I'm making lots of progress praise the Lord!
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Praise the Lord, lost weight even though it was T.O.M. week and all the lovely obstacles that come with him like of water retention, ravenous and insane cravings, etc.!!! 8.8 lbs to go!!! Whoop, whoop!!
    2. Challenge: not low carb today but within log goal
    3. When wanting to eat more than my goal, I remind myself of being close to doctor's goal. No solution yet for reducing carbs to 70 g daily...
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    1. Victory: successfully 16 hours I.F. and I got 3 compliments at church today one "cute", one "pretty" and one "beautiful". I didn't get compliments when I was obese on the Asian American bmi chart.
    2. Challenge: bust seems to be shrinking, need more chest flies with heavier weights
    3. Over did it with dinner meeting treats even though I split most of the dessert bites. But I said no several times when several people were pushing seconds of same dessert I already enjoyed and loved. I think I need to limit "tastes" not just split with people.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Successfully fasted one meal per day for 20 days of a church fast. 20 more to go...
    2. Challenge: dinner meetings with home cooked comfort food. Over did it because I had 2 servings of ambrosia salad. I really need to limit desserts for myself.
    3. I think I need to save calories for that dinner meeting meal and eat a healthy snack beforehand so not starving.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Successfully I.F. for 18 hours today!!! I had another dinner meeting tonight but this time I limited myself to only ONE dessert and split it in HALF.
    2. Challenge: I was super tempted to get a second dessert serving because I watched the lady seated next to me eat a whole plate of 4 large cookies and a full sized dessert. There was a time I would do that without thinking how much sugar and calories I was consuming over my actual caloric needs but I want to press on to my goal.
    3. Keep reminding myself I'm on the last leg of my weightloss journey every time I want to veer off on a whim or craving.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Successfully I.F. 18 hours again today, yay!!! Met macros goal too.
    2. Challenge: Sleep deprived and sleep helps in weight loss... Not sure how to catch up on sleep... I have meetings and events every night this week.
    3. Need more weightlifting so I don't lose muscle.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: size 4 slacks are too loose - might be stretched out but I hate belts so yay, time to thrift store shop till I reach my goal.
    2. Challenge: not looking "fat" in clothes too big for me.
    3. I love thrift store outfits as rewards for my weightloss journey
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Successfully fasted 24 days of one meal on 40 church fast.
    2. Challenge: Being impatient this last leg of weightloss journey... so close yet snail pace...
    3. Keep reminding myself to deal with one meal at a time and so close to goal. Keep asking Jesus for healing from emotional overeating and strength.
  • epangili
    edited January 2020
    1. Victory: I went to a coffee shop this morning and got a decent good looking gentleman give a discreet and subtle head to toe quick gander. He then suavely started a conversation to get a better look and continued to try till he saw my ring. I haven't had this type of attention since 2009 when I was last in the normal Asian American bmi chart range. Im feeling encouraged to keep going to finish the last 10 lbs of my weightloss journey.
    2. Challenge: My breasts aren't filling my C cup bras as they used to and sat in movie theater today uncomfortable because less cushion on my glutes.
    3. I need to do more chest flies, dead lifts, and squats with heavier weights to bulk up my lady curves
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    2. Challenge: My breasts aren't filling my C cup bras as they used to and sat in movie theater today uncomfortable because less cushion on my glutes.
    3. I need to do more chest flies, dead lifts, and squats with heavier weights to bulk up my lady curves

I've been squatting for years and it's not been helping my glutes as much as a girl might want. Check some of the Bret Contreras books/workouts/blogs for lifts that will help isolate and activate the glutes more. I have "Strong Curves" and it's definitely challenging, and I've heard really good things about the newer "Glute Lab" book from friends who have it. :) (I'm waiting for it to come out in electronic format rather than just paper copy.)
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Today at church, a lady called me "skinny mini"... I have NEVER been called that in my entire life... so close to doctor's goal for me and so encouraged...
    2. I ate almost all my calories for my late lunch... ravenous after 18 hours of I.F.
    I probably have enough calories to have a snack for dinner...
    3. Next Sunday church has a football theme for super bowl as a fundraiser for our youth to go to camp so I'm planning to wear my high school cheerleader outfit - incentive to keep up and finish this doctor's goal for me.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: I couldn't do O.M.A.D yesterday... I was hungry at 10pm, like stomach empty and noisy and not being able to sleep. I am proud of myself for pausing to ask myself if I'm really hungry, listening to my stomach, waiting a 15 minutes, and then eating healthy choices at home versus getting take out. So I ate a late dinner over my daily caloric goal. But praise report, I didn't gain any weight eating over nor that unusually late - miraculously!
    2. Challenge: Overate today because of two cravings and recovering from flashback of abuse that had me in tears.
    3. I'm giving myself a break today and doing self care by treating myself to a massage, praying, journaling my feelings, and hot shower. I'll start again tomorrow.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: successfully did 17 hours for I.F.
    2. Challenge: I'm paying for yesterday's mistake on the scale...
    3. Get back on track, Elaine!!! Remember you are gonna wear your high school cheerleader outfit for the church's superbowl themed service this Sunday!!!
  • epangili
    1. Victory: Student said I looked like I was in my twenties and my actual age is 44. Her mouth dropped to her chin and her eyes bugged out when I told her my age.
    2. Challenge: Stressed out this morning so had strong urge to crunch but curbed it with a hand full of almonds- stress ball for my mouth!
    3. Dropped off my high school cheerleader outfit to dry cleaners to make sure I follow through with wearing it to church themed super bowl Sunday. I tried it on before dropping it, yep, it fits!!! Whoop whoop!!!