LAST 10 lbs...LET'S DO IT!!!

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    V: since I skipped the gym yesterday I popped in a les mills combat dvd and it felt so much easier than before! Yay

Challenge - weekends are always tricky. Hubby likes to order take out but I was good. Just maybe 6 French fries.

Looking to popping in another dvd tomorrow!
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    1. Victory: good weigh in today even through all the bumps and obstacles - only 7.5 lbs to go!!! Whoop whoop!!!
    2. Challenge: over calories day T.O.M. cravings but walked for 150 minutes on the beach with a friend
    3. Stop weighing in everyday especially during T.O.M. too much of a rollercoaster
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Victory - danced up a storm yesterday and my clothes are getting looser!

Challenge - hard to stay away from some “carbage” during Oscar ceremony, but didn’t overindulge. Wasn’t even a treat as it made me a bit nauseous.

Taking two stairs at a time when I can. Really trying to up my NEAT.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: did a 2 hour stress walk halfway with a friend and rest by myself since she needed to get to a meeting, I kept going.
    2. Challenge: T.O.M. and very stressful work day triggered me to stress eat enough calories for 3 people... I know, hanging my head in shame... Ended with a stressful union representative meeting strategizing negotiations to avoid impasse and strike and of course they provided pizza and cupcakes at the meeting...
    3. Not weighing in till T.O.M. is done. Start fresh tomorrow with I.F.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,518 Member
    1. Victory: Ran the 8.25 miles to Lewes yesterday to catch the train.
    2. Challenge: Out for the theatre tonight - do not just munch on sweets all night!
    3. Tip : Stop and get a drink before going to the theatre, fill up a bit.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    I was under calorie goal today but had more processed junk that I should. I did drink lots of water tho!
    Challenge - staying motivated and active while not going to the gym. First time since the new year I had to miss four days straight - but I had family obligations.
    Tip - music music music - especially if you like to dance and have a very active imagination - one where J Lo can learn moves from you! 😂😂. Works up a sweat!
  • sharahostetler3
    sharahostetler3 Posts: 1 Member
    One tip I’ve found helpful for intermittent fasting and better food choices is to tell yourself you have the entire rest of your life to eat that, you don’t have to eat it now. I’m also not too hard on myself when I sneak the occasional refined carbs.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: exercised today with a 100 minute stress walk
    2. Challenge: still T.O.M. cravings and stress eating
    3. Not beating myself up over another week setback by remembering my victory of getting out of obese bmi into normal range on Asian American bmi chart and holding. Not giving up but getting back up, again...
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Trying to increase my water intake. I hardly drank any yesterday but trying for a gallon today! It’s been a week of appts so no gym - until tomorrow. Danger point for me is when something throws me off track so looking forward to going to gym tomorrow!
  • epangili
    edited February 2020
    1. Victory: I was very concerned with losing my bust and glute size if I was closer to my ideal weight (doctor says 100lbs for my build and height 4'11" and on Asian American bmi chart so please don't judge). Today a new student was admiring my body with a big smile exclaimed, "She's thick!" I thought they were calling me fat but teens are saying "thick" means curvy in a good way. I looked in the mirror and saw a shadow between my pectoral muscles so I guess the increased reps of chest flys with 12 lbs weights are working. My glutes still look plump in my size 2 jeans so one legged deadlifts too are working. I took pics but can't figure out how to post and you can barely see the shadow... it keeps saying failed to upload...
    2. Challenge: stress eating and T.O.M. cravings. And getting chocolates and candy from students for valentine's day...ugh... kryptonite
    3. Meal plan especially during T.O.M. Bring case of water under desk at work for days I forget to bring water.
  • TheMrWobbly
    1. Victory: cycled to the station this morning and it didn't feel like exercise. My HRM said I only burnt 68 calories. 6 months ago I would arrive sweaty and out of breath.
    2. Challenge: Bad weekend of weather coming up and I need to ensure I still exercise
    3. Tip : Get my water in early before I drink anything else

exercise.png
  • epangili
    edited February 2020
    1. Victory: Today a new friend (month long) that I made at bible study got together for coffee to catch up on our homework and she exclaimed 3 to 4 times looking me up and down saying, "You're so little!" I haven't been called that since 2007. She guessed my jeans were a size zero but they were a size 2.
    2. Challenge: gained 0.9 lbs from the week of stress eating and menstrual cravings. Well, it could have been worse...
    3. Lifting heavier weights with more reps to increase metabolism so I can eat more and maintain my bust and glute size during this last phase
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Victory - lost a pound despite my Valentine’s Day meal and drinks! And didn’t even go the gym this week - go figure.

Mental challenge - dealing with the pattern of low point of weight then weight goes up then back again. Despite knowing this, the scale temporarily going up will/may have a negative effect on my psyche.

More veggies, more water, less salt!
  • TheMrWobbly
    1. Victory: Ran 15 miles - the wind, oh my word the wind!
    2. Challenge: Storm Dennis here for tomorrow, not going outside much.
    3. Tip : Knowing I have a roast dinner tomorrow I will carry over some calories from today

exercise.png
  • epangili
    edited February 2020
    1. Victory: College guy gave me the up and down look twice. He saw my ring and moved on. I'm flattered because Im twice his age. I never got that kind of attention when I was obese on the Asian American bmi chart. Food prepared for the week accomplished tonight.
    2. Challenge: my bubble butt shrank from 36 to 33 inches. I'm BUMmed because that's my best body ASSet. Yes pun intended.
    3. Today I increased from two 12 lbs weights to two 25 lbs weights for my deadlifts, hoping to get back the 3 inches on my best ASSet.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    1. Victory: The first ten were easier to lose than expected, probably due to getting off a particular medication
    2. Challenge: Keep going to the gym despite bad days at work
    3. Encouragement, tip, advice, trick, etc.: just keep plugging and be patient
  • epangili
    1. Victory: I quickly recovered from the crazy week of stress eating and menstrual cravings dropping the 0.9 lbs.
    2. Challenge: being 7.6 lbs away from ideal doctor recommended weight is stimulating impatience. Also, a little complacency felt in being in the normal bmi range of the Asian American bmi chart.
    3. Focus on praise reports and small victories every day. I wore my new thermals that are clingy but comfortable on a hike with a friend (3 year long so she's seen my obese phase as defined on the Asian American bmi chart) and she said I was little and shapely. I have always had an apple shaped body storing all my excess weight in my waist. My shadow showed a waist instead of the usual rectangle shape. I went home to measure for actually numerical evidence. My waist decreased 7 inches within the last 8 months or so. I don't bother taking my waist measurements because I know it's my worst body asset therefore 8 months gap between measurements.
  • epangili
    edited February 2020
    1. Victory: Sister and sister in law asked if I was wearing a padded bra so heavier weights on my chest flies are working!!! Mom guessed my weight to be lower than it is because she noticed I lost weight. I haven't seen my family for a month so I guess recompositioning is happening.
    2. Challenge: 3 celebrations (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in one day today so way over did calories.
    3. I filled my plate with half salad for lunch and dinner. I also drank plain coffee instead of fancy latte so more calories to eat than drink. I also walked with my 73 year old dad for 105 minutes around the neighborhood between celebrations.
  • epangili
    edited February 2020
    1. Victory: 150 minutes hiking on hilly trail before it started raining. I'm loving clothes shopping- very enjoyable. Scored 3 cute items today at thrift store. I avoided clothes shopping when I was obese.
    2. Challenge: stress eating especially leftover Valentine's gifts (gave away half) and complacency of being in normal bmi range
    3. I'm making a commitment to lay off chocolate bars at least until end of April when I take my 1st year celebrate recovery chip for emotional overeating. Although I love chocolates, they don't love me back. I did this with nachos back in April 2019 and still not had it. I want to be in the middle of the normal range not high end (currently not near the boarder-yay!) I did give up chocolates for the 1st 40 days church fast but splurged when over.
  • epangili
    1. Victory: I'm done with physical therapy and took my exercise up a notch by jogging for 30 minutes - the 1st time since the drunk driver totalled my car on the freeway at 90mph against the cement center divider back in September. Bonus from jog, I turned a shade tanner as I easily tan so losing my winter color - legs not so pale. I also gave away my secret stash of candy bars that keep for my T.A. but they really half end up in me from stress eating.
    2. Challenge: Asthma... huffing and puffing for that 30 min jog.
    3. Listened to encouraging tunes to drown out my horribly discouraging labored breathing.