The more I work out, the more moody/angry I get.

Options
I've experienced this every time I work out on the regular. I just get so pissed off. All the time! I almost constantly feel irritated and like I don't have enough time in the day. Every little thing my fiance or cats do just irritates me. And I really hate being like this! I need to work out. But I hate the grumpiness it bring me. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry but I tend to get anxiety if I work out too much/too hard, I don't know why? If it's a blood sugar issue or what so I just stick to walking and weights
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me all the time. I would feel great while exercising and angry/depressed/miserable afterwards. Sometimes if I skipped the caffeine it would be slightly better....For me I think it had to do with hormones being off and maybe blood sugar processing being off as I was veering towards being pre-diabetic (pre-pre-diabetic??) Evening out my blood sugar levels by changing up what I ate fixed the problem (took maybe a couple of months).
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Another question to consider: what are your workouts like? I sometimes get cranky and irritated if the workout is too intense or I push myself too far. If you go all out every time, could you consider doing something less intense?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,679 Member
    Options
    I've taken to walking around when I'm on the phone. Can't always do it. But it is great when you can!