When craving soda, what do you reach for besides water?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I hate to drink my calories (unless it's a protein shake lol) so I would reach for a diet soda. I could take it or leave it so I don't do it that often but if I'm out at a restaurant or at a drive thru, it's Coke Zero for me.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I make ghetto soda!

Take seltzer water and any of the following:

- a splash of fruit punch
    - a splash of orange juice
    - lemon juice
    - fresh berries a little mushed up

and there you have it! Instant soda with a lot less calories.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like the Coke Zero, it tastes pretty similar to coke but has no calories. I try to have mio water or something other than that when I can but if I am craving a soda or am out and about I will get a Coke Zero cuz I know the calories in it won't hurt me . Or the cans of Fuze Diet Lemon Ice Tea are pretty decent tasting. The Sparkling Ice sparkling waters are really good they are very carbonated so they taste kinda like soda. Or the Lipton Green Tea Citrus is good in a bottle. Lite V-8 Fusion is pretty good. The Bob Marley Ice Teas I think are only like 160 calories for a whole bottle or something like that so isn't real bad calorie wise.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I too was addicted to soda and still crave it from time to time. I started by limiting it to one soda a day. The cut out soda all together and switched to sweet tea. Cut out sweet tea all together and only drank water. Now I'll drink Crystal Light in my water, I'll treat myself to soda whenever it sounds good, and I allow tea with half the sugar (half sweet/half unsweet).

One a day typically will not damage a healthy day. I feel calories spent on drinks are wasted, but I'm trying to be a little less hard on myself with that!!