February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 I'm glad to hear you're not in such bad shape as to need the boot. Heal up quickly. Good luck.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    15 miles today. Even though I said I was going to forget the 15 and shoot for 18 on Sunday. Also, 10 seconds per mile faster than I'd been targeting.

Hey congrats! Well done!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited February 2020
    Mileage and injury update - hamstring still has some tightness/soreness at times but nothing really concerning at tgis point. Most of the tightness has settled in the hip and the inner thigh at the insertion point to the pelvis. I’m sticking to the plan of not purposefully doing any speed work in February and keeping up with strength training and cross training. My mileage is at 24.8 so far for Feb of a planned 35-40 goal. So all seems in track.

Last weekend I ran by feel at Parkrin without thinking about speed at all. I ended up with a new PR for Parkrun at 33:52 (oops!). I’m not really sure how that happened. I just focused on keeping a steady pace and was surprised at the end to see the time on my watch. It was a beautiful day outside and I really enjoyed the run. I think I just got lost in my thoughts while running. My leg felt strong the whole time. After Parkrun and coffee my coworker and I decided to go to a local community center to lift weights. I learned about their free fitness room recently and had been wanting to check it out. If felt good to use some of the equipment I don’t normally have access to since I don’t have a gym membership. We also learned that they have free aqua fitness classes that might be a fun cross training activity if we can get there in time after work. It’s not a real convenient location for daily use but it works well for a couple of times per week. And it’s free... so I like that.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 Glad you had a better experience with the sports doctor! Hopefully, you can still get some running in while it heals.

Great job on the 15 miles @autumnblade75 ! Try not to worry too much about the scale. I know it's hard, but maybe you are at a plateau. I can plateau for months and then drop 5 pounds in a couple of weeks, then another few months at a plateau. I just know that is the way it's going to be and go with it.

Today was an XT day. I took a nice walk outside...we finally had some sunshine!!! My ears got cold, so I quit at the 2 mile point. My trip to Florida put me a little bit behind on my planned mileage, but I think I can still make 50 miles - if life doesn't get in the way too much.

exercise.png

It was 163 the other day. I have no idea where it's going. Probably back up again by morning, though. Rehydrating, and all.
    15 miles today. Even though I said I was going to forget the 15 and shoot for 18 on Sunday. Also, 10 seconds per mile faster than I'd been targeting.

Hey congrats! Well done!

Thank you. I have no idea why it worked this time.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    This is THE BEST group of supportive and encouraging runners I am blessed to be a part of! Thank you, everyone, all of you!!! I read the comments and they mean so much to me... I have to run, heading out with family for the evening. Love to all of you... Today at packet pickup, I love my bib number...!!!
    a6qx28dhn3dq.jpg

Nice! We’ll be cheering you on!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,864 Member
    @emmamcgarity Sounds like your recovery plan is working great! Keep up the good work!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member

Hey congrats! Well done!

Thank you. I have no idea why it worked this time.

I feel like I say that a lot myself too. :D
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Took the dog around the neighborhood for 2.15 miles then did weights.

Tomorrow going to try to get her to do 8 miles on the trails. Last Saturday she didn't want to so we turned around and went home. 🤷🏼‍♀️ She won't really be able to go soon so trying to get her out while we can.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I got me some Skratch...now I just need to fix my schedule so that I can do a long run and try it. :)
    7xyi8nm3dzix.jpg

@PastorVincent yay! Let us know! New stuff is so fun!

@LoveyChar you are gorgeous and adorable and you look so happy!

@Avidkeo you are drawing out my sweet tooth! Such a productive day!

@emmamcgarity you are doing so well and you are so strong! I can’t imagine hamstring problems. That sounds so much worse than a hip problem 😩

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    So im visiting the big city on turs/wed. There is an asics outlet store. I currently have 2 brand new pairs of shoes and one that's just being retired. The 2 pairs should last me 8 months.

Do I see if they have a discounted pair...
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So im visiting the big city on turs/wed. There is an asics outlet store. I currently have 2 brand new pairs of shoes and one that's just being retired. The 2 pairs should last me 8 months.

Yes. You can never have too many shoes.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Yes. You can never have too many shoes.

Love your thinking!