February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So im visiting the big city on turs/wed. There is an asics outlet store. I currently have 2 brand new pairs of shoes and one that's just being retired. The 2 pairs should last me 8 months.

Do I see if they have a discounted pair...

Of course!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Camaramandy648 I hope you are able to get your run in relatively pain free.

@Avidkeo Of course you should check out the shoes. You know you are going to need another pair sometime. You might as well get them while they are on sale!

@shanaber Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend. Enjoy the wine tasting and running store!

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Got home and did some cleaning, and now I shall bake cookies. For church tomorrow. I won't eat them all myself. Mostly I just need an excuse to play with my new kitchen machine.

What sort of machine? What kind of cookies? I am a fan of kitchen gadgets.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Managed a 15k and HM PB though I have only got times for one of each before today though, under these conditions, I will take it :smiley:

Congratulations on the new Personal Bests! Extra bonus points for doing it under adverse conditions.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Keeping with you @autumnblade75 and @Camaramandy648 and went out for 15 miles today. They were right with the weather forecast for the first loop 25 mph winds with 45 mph gusts. On the second loop it was full on max winds in your face. The wind was having a good old laugh "you want to go this way do you little runner, aw bless!". Managed a 15k and HM PB though I have only got times for one of each before today though, under these conditions, I will take it :smiley:

Well done!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    hmaddpear wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - holy heck. And I was complaining about a bit of wind and rain here. That's very chilly!

Heh, yeah. Cold enough to freeze an egg on the sidewalk :smiley:
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I take it that question was rhetorical @Avidkeo and the real question is how many?

Great pic @LoveyChar and what can we do tempt you @polskagirl01

Nice PB @emmamcgarity even if you didn't mean it. Your best pace is quicker than that so I hope/expect everything will be fine.

Keeping with you @autumnblade75 and @Camaramandy648 and went out for 15 miles today. They were right with the weather forecast for the first loop 25 mph winds with 45 mph gusts. On the second loop it was full on max winds in your face. The wind was having a good old laugh "you want to go this way do you little runner, aw bless!". Managed a 15k and HM PB though I have only got times for one of each before today though, under these conditions, I will take it :smiley:

exercise.png

Yeahhh!!!!!!! Good job @TheMrWobbly !!!!!! I hate hate hate the wind. I never even think the check what the wind will be doing on any given day, though I probably should.

I still have to get up and around and it is almost 10am. So here I go, refusing to sabotage myself in terms of time today. 😳
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @TheMrWobbly maybe after I complete the "HM Crown" challenge thingy. Oh and a triathlon. Sprint. Not sure about that yet, though. So we're talking later in the year. And it would be cool to do a marathon in another European country (I've only got Poland & Portugal so far). And including training, it has to fit my schedule. So... maybe this won't happen until next year. I'm totally OK with that. Hey, you asked!
    Got home and did some cleaning, and now I shall bake cookies. For church tomorrow. I won't eat them all myself. Mostly I just need an excuse to play with my new kitchen machine.
    What sort of machine? What kind of cookies? I am a fan of kitchen gadgets.
    It's a bunch of gadgets put together (mixer, blender, food processor, pasta maker, citrus juicer, meat grinder). So far I've been super-impressed with everything I've done with it. The oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today turned out okay, but I used a shortening/butter mix that I had on hand, and wasn't thrilled with the results. I could've cut back on the sugar in the recipe, too. Hopefully the international students will like them tomorrow. My kids sure do!
    That "K" thing is the mixer attachment, and
    then there's the dough hook next to normal-sized dough hooks for home use. qgqkjywhwp12.jpg
    cb92kk0rizdg.jpg
    yj5mej9jqk55.jpg The blender, etc, go on the top or front.

I LOVE my kenwood, best mixer ever. But this one is even prettier than mine!
  • Avidkeo
    edited February 2020
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    This is what I made yesterday with my mixer. It really is the best!

This is for a charity I'm part of, and will be going to the staff at the Neonatal Unit at the local hospital. I do this a couple of times a month, when my schedule allows.

a4kl48458mku.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful!!! Is your Kenwood the one you got recently? I had been saving up, and used ALL my Christmas money (and road bike money) on this. I'd been wearing out my other appliances doing so much stuff for work/volunteer events, needed to replace my food processor, blender and mixer anyway, and after much deliberation my husband finally just told me to stop second guessing myself and get it.

[Apologies to everyone who was expecting us to talk about running on a running thread. I mean, the more you run, the more you can enjoy this kind of stuff too!!!]

Yep. Had it for nearly a year now! And absolutely no regrets. I completely agree with your husband! Especially if you are wearing out your other appliances lol.

I've been watching a lot of Man About Cake on YouTube lately and have learned a lot about technique. Tempted to get the blueprint subscription to watch his other videos, also entertainment got the kids who are obsessed with him!!

And its totally running related. My reason to run, so I can eat pizza and cake bahaha
  • Avidkeo
    edited February 2020
    Well went for a short 3k run, then did a strength session. Feels good!

I feel like I've got a handle on my eating. I have been tracking my weight using a trending app, and have realised that while I basically every 2 weeks have a blip, it comes back down pretty quick. It's awesome to see the trend happening.

Which means when I go to Auckland this week (omg im so excited!) I'm not going to stress about the inevitable blib (road trip with my mum. Sigh) it will only last 4 days and I'll be back on track.

That said, I'm already putting in place strategies to minimise the blip. I'm going to practice IF for those two days. I'll have snacks prepared and will stick to them. And lots and lots of water.

My chart for anyone interested. The blips are all things like holidays, concerts, events etc.
    hhjxhcuo02xs.jpg

Feb 3 - 7k
    Feb 4 - 4k
    Feb 5 - 5.4k
    Feb 6 - 9k
    Feb 7 - 3k
    Feb 8 - 7k
    Feb 9 - 4.2k
    Feb 10 - 8k
    Feb 11 - 4k
    Feb 12 - 6.2k
    Feb 13 - 4k
    Feb 14 - 11.1k
    Feb 15 - 5k
    Feb 16 - 3k

Total: 93.1k
    Run streak - 58 days
  • Avidkeo
    Oh and good luck to everyone racing this weekend. I know with the training and dedication you put in, you will do awesome!