February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar
    Great pics..... you look so happy! Your husband has his big old TX belt buckle! He can earn one next year.

As for sleeves, just cut some off of your long sleeve shirt- problem solved!

Actually I try to run in long sleeves on hot sunny days if I don’t want to deal with sunscreen - my dermatologist runs at Town Lake in long sleeves and pants and regularly gives me crap if I have tan lines.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My running goals for 2020 are to build up endurance and speed while staying healthy. Strength goal - lose body fat and gain some muscle and work on flexibility.

February goal : 60 miles
    Race: Cap 10K in April

Date/Distance:
    2/1 - Yoga/strength day
    2/2 – 7.1 miles
    2/3 – Slow Flow Yoga
    2/4 – 4.2 miles
    2/5 – Walked 1.5 miles, Strength Circuit
    2/6 – Ran 2.5 miles on treadmill, cycled at gym
    2/7 – 3 miles
    2/8 – Strength circuit, indoor cycle
    2/9 – Walked 7 miles. Didn’t hurt too much and was nice to loosen up a bit.
    2/10 – Yoga today, then PT (airrosti ) on the hip.
    2/11 – walked 1.7 at Gym ( PT stretch routine) and treadmill/elliptical
    2/12 – elliptical/cycle day
    2/13 – PT Routine/Treadmill walk 1.5 miles
    2/14 – walked 4.4 miles
    2/15 – Yoga/gym day
    2/16 – 7.1 mile run, with some walking
    2/17-3.75 mile walk-flexor was sore!
    2/18-4.25 mile run- intervals with walking
    2/19: PT circuit/Cycle
    2/20: Dreadmill 4.25 miles

Monthly total – 52.25 miles

Rolled first….painful as heck then hit the treadmill for a run, with some walks to break up faster runs. That is the one benefit of treadmills – you can force some pace changes. Need to look at the bright side on cold rainy days.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @LoveyChar I noticed you looked awfully fresh in those pictures too. I'd be wet from sweat.

@bearly63 My dermatologist commented on what a great tan I had.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    TLDR: that was a long winded way of saying I currently run because I like cake but want to lose weight bahaha but will be changing my goals when I start training for a HM in July

Ramping up for HM training will help with the weight loss goal too. As long as you're fueling enough, you can safely keep losing weight while you are training, it often just comes naturally. Awesome work, and keep it up.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes to the cake goal! :)
    Now cake is a goal I can get behind!!!

That Wimpy was our go to place @hamsterwheel6 as my SO loved the wholemeal buns. The redevelopment took it away and there is now a H&M in its place.
    3ho74v28pmsv.jpg
    The only Wimpy remaining is in Peacehaven so a bit of a trek.

Looking forward to your adventure @Camaramandy648

Spending the day in bed 🤒 hoping for a quick recovery.

exercise.png

Omg. Wow. Don’t even recognize the street. We used to take our burgers and cross over to the beach. Oh and then get a .99 after.
    Enjoy the day off.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So as expected, school and my work both closed today. We got 2 inches of snow. 😐

Ok granted temps are in the 20’s so some icy patches. It’s going to be sunny and 40 today later.
    Good thing it’s my rest day.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Was telling husband last night that there was a woman that her and I passed each continuously over the last 4-5 miles. My peeve was that she dragged her feet, literally barely picked them up and it was so dang annoying. Told my husband how you could hear her coming, don't even know how she managed to go on like that...like a glide, a Marathon glider. Really weird. Anyway, husband said she probably had a better stride than me because I bounce and hop when I run but I need to open up my stride. Food for thought for me. Late, but something maybe I can still work on.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I put off my dermatologist visit until my summer tan faded, because I didn't want to get yelled at about it! And yours complimented you :)
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Be honest. I have thick skin. You can be outright mean. I can take it. Anyway, would it be stupid of me to register for a trail run Marathon or should I just throw caution to the wind and try? There are so many here...
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    It looks fun but I know it's difficult.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Be honest. I have thick skin. You can be outright mean. I can take it. Anyway, would it be stupid of me to register for a trail run Marathon or should I just throw caution to the wind and try? There are so many here...

Why would it be stupid? You've clearly caught the marathon bug... if you're worried about pace, make sure you sign up for a race that has a generous enough time limit to allow for the conditions, pay attention to course elevation profiles, etc, and get out there and train on some trails!