WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Janet- One day at a time....I agree with your Mom....dont borrow problems. I am happy that today all is well for you.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Ginny- I remember feeling so helpless when my oldest granddaughter broke her collarbone falling out of bed. They were in FL at the time. I think she was 3. Since then she has broken her ankle twice in the same 4 months. When I broke my hand a few years ago she was with me when they removed the first cast. I was worried as it was my first cast ever. She told me not to worry, it just tickles some and wont cut my skin <3. I bet he is fine today. Hugs to you and his parents.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Rori- I agree dr visit is a solid plan. Dementia is so hard! Hugs!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hugs to Rori and Janet and all who need them!

I'm having a good day. I had a date that went well. On the other hand I hurt my neck/shoulder doing too many crunches, and missed the gym yesterday. Oh well.
    Getting fit is not a straight line.

Annie in Delaware
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Katla, could a non-alcoholic red wine provide the same heart-health results? Or maybe even just a resveratrol supplement?

I take perhaps too many vitamins and supplements, but they seem to work for me. I start the day with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and honey in 8 oz of lukewarm water followed by another 8 oz with Metamucil. Then I drink 32 oz of water mixed with Spark and flavored collagen. I also take a probiotic the Do-Terra Lifelong Vitality pack of vitamins. Then not every day but most days I have a cup of detox tea early on and bedtime tea at night.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,350 Member
    Options
    Took the Power Hour class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20/40/60 workout on the treadmill.

After exercise went to Aldi then WalMart. Realized last night that there are some things that I really don’t need so I returned them. Then came home and laid by the pool. It’s getting cloudy right now. We have absentee ballots and you need *2* witnesses so I just got one of my neighbors to do it for me. Another lady came and invited us to play cards at her place tonight at 7

Barbie – I put those books in my “favorites” with hoopla. I tell ya, my list of favorites is getting longer and longer with this club’s recommendations. Unfortunately, you can only get three books/audiobooks per month. And for some reason you can’t return them once you’re finished, even if it’s in less than a month.

Amber – thank you, just finished listening to Pandora’s Lunchbox. Quite interesting. Yea for smaller pants. I read somewhere that if you have pants where that zipper doesn’t stay up, to put one of those key rings that you get in craft stores, then zip your pants, and put the key ring on the button (or whatever) at the top of the zipper. Sometimes I have to do this mainly because the zipper for whatever reason just doesn’t stay up and it works quite well. No bump (except for my fat stomach)

Annie DE –I don’t think I’ll try the meditating lying down. I’d probably fall asleep….lol

Welcome everyone new

Dawn – oh, girlfriend, what a familiar tune. But you are doing great!

Amber – one year when the kids were little we were out shopping. Vince said that “maybe we should take ma out to dinner for mother’s day. Where do you think we should go?” They decided that I’d like to go to Chuck E. Cheese. They were so proud of the fact that they’d thought of it… We always smile about this

Rori – (((BIG HUG))) Do think an antidepressant will help dh any? I believe that’s what they gave MIL when she sundowned.

Karen VA – your friend is no longer in pain. My sympathies to you.

Michele now in FL but not for long enough
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((KAREN in VA)))
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Brussel sprouts are tasty roasted or even shredded and sautéed in a bit of olive oil and balsamic. Ina Garten has a great recipe this way. I like them like potato chips. They are flaked into “chips,” then roasted with olive oil and salt in the oven. Both ways are delicious. I also do this with Kale.

I pretty much love any veggie roasted with olive oil and salt. It brings out the sugars so nicely. They are great for snacking this way.

Vitamins - I take a daily multi-vitamin for women and an iron supplement. I find that I can’t seem to get all the vitamins I need on so few calories in a day.

Hugs to those in need and happy thoughts to all.

Tina in CA
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    Options
    ((Karen))
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options