WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    https://apple.news/A9kJNsRkJQlye5TY8G26RiQ
    6iv270g9o5wo.jpeg
    It’s good news they been calling in inventors to create tests to medical equipment that can be made fast efficiently their letting them get through red tape faster . This is the time for new inventors with no backers to shine! All the way to companies to be heroes 🦸‍♂️ in the science field

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    L
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather I'm not an attorney, but maybe you will have a slightly better chance of getting money back if you have stated your requests for refunds to the airline and SAGA in writing, preferably tracked or certified somehow, and as soon as possible. You may have already done that. Copy to your attorney if you have one. It won't hurt, and it ensures that there can be no future argument about what you requested (an immediate full refund, which you are entitled to).

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    OMG SuziQ Lol 😂 that’s a Hoot! Gots me laughing so hard !

Amber Tx
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    OMG SuziQ Lol 😂 that’s a Hoot! Gots me laughing so hard !

Amber Tx

Glad you enjoyed it Amber. Cracked me up too.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,583 Member
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    This meme uses my favorite curse word so I spoiled it.
    bzkiu6skselp.jpg

:D:D:joy: Priceless!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,387 Member
    Love the quote @SuziQ113 -one of my favorites also!

Took the day off work today. Still organizing stuff, cooked some dinner, went for a walk, cleaned litter boxes, actually took a nap. Decided to pick up a new printer (my old one is near death's door). Not able to hook my state computer to local printer. Ordered one from Best Buy (they brought it out to the car). That is the first time I have ever used any "curbside pickup." The new one lets you email documents to it, so that should be helpful since I know I will need printed documents. Also will have some I need to sign and scan, etc.

Sounds like everyone is dealing with social distancing well. Ohio has been a bit aggressive, getting to it sooner than others, and I am glad we did. I know it will get bad here, but hopefully not at the level of some states. My heart goes out to the hot spots.

Well, off to clean kitchen. Then brings small pub table up from basement to use to put some of the stuff from work on so I know where things all.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Janet OKC: Sending good thoughts to your niece. I hope the cancer is gone forever and she heals well. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope you get full refunds for your cancelled cruise and are able to thrive in place for as long as necessary. Someday adventure travel will again be safe and accessible. Karen has good ideas. :star:

Margaret: I wish you luck in getting your son to reduce cigarettes. My parents never quit smoking until their hearts quit beating. I worry that my children could go that direction. I hope they never get addicted to tobacco products. They certainly never smoke in my presence. I hope they don’t’ smoke at all. As mothers we worry and pray. :star:

Tere: Your husband sounds like an energetic and motivated man. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: Laughing out loud. Thanks! :laugh:

We usually have hummingbirds year around but haven’t seen them in a long while. I hope nothing bad has happened to them. I fear that I may have caused trouble my using ant bait nearby. I am sad and worried. I plan to take the feeders down, wash them well, and put them back. I hope the mamas are sitting on eggs and I caused no harm.

Done!

Katla
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    Pp
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Beth - I think it looks great!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,204 Member
    Margaret - I quit smoking 11 years ago, it is a very stressful process and I learned through it that I needed to be ready for it. I understand the desire to get your son to quit, but I know from my own experience anytime someone suggested ways for me to quit before I actually decided I wanted to and was ready only made me smoke more. Your son, from my understanding of what you have shared is just getting stronger it may not help him at this time.

Kim - I was floored reading how selfish the woman In your book club is being, I hope that you get 1000’s in business due to standing up to her. Unbelievable!

I had to go into work this morning to trains new security guard for the nursing home. I came home and tidied a bit, then went to watch tv in the bedroom while Rodger was watching TV in the living room. I ended up watching a show on Netflix called Self Made the story of Madam CJ Walker. It caught my eye as Octavia Spencer was the lead and I love her. Anyway it’s only a 4 episode mini series and I started and finished it in 4 hours. Good show for anyone looking for something to kill some time.

Tracey in Edmonton where Winter decided to show up again.
    One of the residents at the Manor today told me the groundhog is in isolation and that’s why Spring isn’t showing up. He’s a curmudgeonly man so it was nice to get a joke out of him.

I agree with you about my son. The problem is smoking makes you getting a more serious verison of COVID and he has already been through so much medically. This is how I approach it and he agrees. Still easier said then done in trying to quit.