Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    When you've had Covid, aren't you supposed to be immune for 3+ months? Some articles mentioned maybe up to 8 months but the least amount of time I saw was 3.
    I was in quarantine with Covid over Thanksgiving, came out that Saturday right after Thanksgiving.
    Woke up this a.m. with a scratchy throat and a bit hoarse. AFAIK I haven't been around any sickness whatsoever but that's not really meaningful. Ugh, Guess I'm calling my healthcare provider this a.m. to ask what to do. :(

Problem is I'm supposed to stay with my BIL tomorrow so that my sister can go to an appt. :( Dang I hate this!

Allergies? Dry winter air? I have had half a nose with post nasal drop that gets re-triggered at each of my winter walks. It, at times, can also irritate my throat. Hope all is well for you!

Thanks for your reply. :)
    I'm suspecting the start of a cold, which usually doesn't move my sickness worry meter at all but..........

I've already sent my sister a text, which I hate the most about it. She doesn't ask a whole lot of me; I have to sometimes push my help on her(she's that kind of person) and this 1 time she actually asked...:(

I worked out in the wind several days before my annual eye exam and got my sinuses irritated. I called 8 hours before my appointment to let them know so they could reschedule and was told to keep my appointment because it's winter and they are seeing patients with sinus infections if their temperature is normal and it checked out fine.

Because I read newly mutated version can replicate in the throat I go bed a 16 oz of pomegranate juice by the bed and take a slug if my throat doesn't feel good after reading about it's antiviral activity.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    When you've had Covid, aren't you supposed to be immune for 3+ months? Some articles mentioned maybe up to 8 months but the least amount of time I saw was 3.
    I was in quarantine with Covid over Thanksgiving, came out that Saturday right after Thanksgiving.
    Woke up this a.m. with a scratchy throat and a bit hoarse. AFAIK I haven't been around any sickness whatsoever but that's not really meaningful. Ugh, Guess I'm calling my healthcare provider this a.m. to ask what to do. :(

Problem is I'm supposed to stay with my BIL tomorrow so that my sister can go to an appt. :( Dang I hate this!

You're a sweet sister. Have you tested negative since recovering? Can you get a Covid rapid test anywhere nearby today? It might give you a little peace of mind regarding your BIL, but you probably don't want to expose him or your sister to a cold virus, either. One of my DD classmates (nursing major working in a hospital over the summer) tested positive for 8 continuous weeks. Uncommon but not unheard of. Hope all is well!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

They don't know how long naturally acquired immunity really lasts yet. They had tested people with confirmed diagnoses after 3 months and still had antibodies so it sounds like they are confident at least up to that point. Continued testing suggests at least 8 months now, but they don't know if that's typical or not :smile:

It could be all sorts of things, but it is so easy right now to think every cough might be covid. Hopefully it's nothing!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    There may be fewer colds and flus circulating now, but the viruses haven't disappeared. Odds are that's what you have. I read an article this morning that said they expect a rebound of flu infections once people start relaxing after Covid is less of a threat.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :) I talked with a nurse at the clinic and she said it's highly unlikely I've got Covid again; if it gets worse to call them back. She suggested I take meds. for allergies. I feel like I get this virus every winter, hoarseness and scratchy throat, nothing else. But since everything has to be questioned this year I figured I had to call.

I never got a repeat test to make sure I was Covid free. They said I had to quarantine for 14 days and be symptom free for 24 hours so that's what I did. It's so different everywhere you go. Unity would go a long way towards taking the confusion out of this. :/

I was told to quarantine for 10 days feom the onset of symptoms (they recently moved from 14 to 10) and no fever for 24 hours. I was told you may have lingering symptoms like bit of cough, sore throat, fatigue etc. Fever seems to be deal breaker.