Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    pink_mint wrote: »
    A few have mentioned the current state of their exercise regimen. It's a distraction and can be good for mental (and physical of course) health.

Having gotten in the habit of a home bodyweight workout is coming in handy right now. I've jokingly called it a prison workout (bodyweight squats, push-ups, lunges, dumbbell rows, plank) but it really does allow you to get a good solid workout under almost any circumstances. Like the current ones in our world. If you're up to it of course.

My gym is one of the few still open and according to the guy I talked to they don't plan on closing. I went crazy with Clorox wipes there the other day and would love to go but am thinking of the big picture and staying home. I've done videos on the app Fit On and my gym has an app but prefer using my laptop so I'm finding videos on You Tube and setting up a plan for today. I don't have the heavier weights I'd need but will make do. I usually do planks, side planks, sit ups, and other body weight exercises and have a built a lot of strength the last few months doing those. I think the hardest part is deciding on just a couple to do as there's such a huge variety to chose from.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »
    If it is a nice day where you are can I encourage you all to get outside even if just to your yard or local park. I am not sure and the evidence is not in for covid-19 but Vitamin D in normal get some sun every day levels been shown to help immune system fight off other viruses. Also a bit of fresh air and exercise helps with anxiety, depression. So yeah get outside if at all possible at least 20 minutes a day.

I think there's a link to how gardening is good for the immune system somewhere in the gardening thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708195/garden-thread

a9fa306e5a0c4e59a44e308711ed57ac.png

unfortunately it's been cold and rainy for the last week here :s

It's raining here too, I put some seedlings out when it was upper 70s and they were hammered by hail, didn't even think of them with all that's going on. It would otherwise be a great time to garden and go for a walk.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Chef_Barbell Wow....so weird. My son lives there and last I heard he was till having to go to work. I am fully convinced that he will be getting it. This mama bear is not pleased :D
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    My employer this morning sent an email asking everyone who can work from home to work from home. That includes me, so I'll be heading home this afternoon until . . . ?

I'm home indefinitely too. They are telling us MAYBE May 1st we'll be back. I work with specialized equipment, so there is not much I can do from home. But my boss is telling me I should spend my time doing online tutorials and learning new software, so I guess I'll do that.

Fortunately, I'm pretty flexible. I'll just miss my nifty second monitor. :s

We got to bring home 2 monitors each. So with the laptop, I still have 3. Not as good as my set up AT work, but a lot better then trying to do it all laptop only. THAT would have been impossible.

So I am officially work from home until who knows when. The Governor declared that as many state employees as possible need to remote work for the time being. Some can't. They literally can not do their jobs from home but we can't have them NOT doing their jobs. So they will most likely have to go in still, but having everyone who can be gone actually helps those people as well.

Indiana is also closing all restaurants, bars, and nightclubs to dine in. Only pick up and delivery will be allowed. We had our first death today as well. Male in his 60's with medical problems that made the virus worse for him.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    USA 🇺🇸 President guidelines just announced;UK announced theirs too but I could only watch 1.

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Walmart isn't delivering or allowing any advance choice, of future delivery dates & my local grocery store's time slots're sold out, through March 22nd.