Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Shamwow?? My google trip of the day....coming up.

Dude back it my sales days I actually spent hours studying that guy 😂... He's awesome!

[The ShamWow Guy, was arrested in February 2009 after he got into a bloody hotel room fight with a Miami hooker. According to the TV pitchman, he paid Sasha Harris $1000 for "straight sex," but when he tried to kiss the working girl, she bit his tongue and would not let go. Mister ShamWow responded by repeatedly punching Harris in the face in a bid to free his tongue. While both combatants were arrested for felony battery, prosecutors eventually decided not to pursue charges.]

shlomimugshot1.jpg

Like I said... Awesome! 😂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cdc9keu20h9wdjpn0vxunqimcwy5dfy9hbrhqwk7&rid=giphy.gif
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Dude back it my sales days I actually spent hours studying that guy 😂... He's awesome!

Did you know you can buy a Shamwow mask for only 19.99? Free shipping and just pay 9.95 for the 2nd one. :/

You can both avoid Covid-19 and buff-out your vehicle's chrome bumpers at the same time !

But Wait !!!

A second mask is absolutely free.... only an additional $9.95 **

** Plus shipping, handling and a modest service fee.... and another shipping surcharge if you live outside of the Dothan, Alabama city limits.
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wanna know what guys really think about high-waisted jeans
    I can’t stand them. Grandma jeans lol

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Did you know you can buy a Shamwow mask for only 19.99? Free shipping and just pay 9.95 for the 2nd one. :/

You can both avoid Covid-19 and buff-out your vehicle's chrome bumpers at the same time !

But Wait !!!

A second mask is absolutely free.... only an additional $9.95 **

** Plus shipping, handling and a modest service fee.... and another shipping surcharge if you live outside of the Dothan, Alabama city limits.

They do make covid masks now😂
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Guy wears skinny cargos and pulls them up around his knees like capris with black socks and fashion sneeks but he wears them with confidence? 😬

ac8ftp0agbgy.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Guy wears skinny cargos and pulls them up around his knees like capris with black socks and fashion sneeks but he wears them with confidence? 😬

Next question 😂

So 🤷🏽‍♂️... Like, what are YOU wearing? 😏
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a question or a musing... but here it is (for anyone to answer).

Lately I feel like I’ve heard about/experienced lots of situations where those who identify as male emotionally share/overload with those who appear female. Like guys tend to emotionally dump on ladies. I wonder, is it because our society has labeled it more “okay” for men to share with women but it’s not appropriate for men to have that kind of relationship with other men in a platonic sense? In my experience, it’s not that I don’t care - but it becomes very tiring hearing all the emotional baggage without having the opportunity to share me own emotional feelings. A kinda silly example of this is from the TV show Mad Men. Don Draper consistently does this with the women he has affairs with. (Of course it’s a TV show - one of the best IMO- and the character has other flaws and traits that make him the way he is.) He uses them to express his feelings never being there for them in return. All his emotional baggage has to be carried by these women he claims to care for, does he care for them or does he just see them as a safe place to offload?

That’s just an analogy of course. And like I said, it’s not that I don’t care or don’t feel privileged to be allowed to here someone’s feelings, it just can be tiring and make one feel like the their only role is an emotional Garbage chute.
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a question or a musing... but here it is (for anyone to answer).

Lately I feel like I’ve heard about/experienced lots of situations where those who identify as male emotionally share/overload with those who appear female. Like guys tend to emotionally dump on ladies. I wonder, is it because our society has labeled it more “okay” for men to share with women but it’s not appropriate for men to have that kind of relationship with other men in a platonic sense? In my experience, it’s not that I don’t care - but it becomes very tiring hearing all the emotional baggage without having the opportunity to share me own emotional feelings. A kinda silly example of this is from the TV show Mad Men. Don Draper consistently does this with the women he has affairs with. (Of course it’s a TV show - one of the best IMO- and the character has other flaws and traits that make him the way he is.) He uses them to express his feelings never being there for them in return. All his emotional baggage has to be carried by these women he claims to care for, does he care for them or does he just see them as a safe place to offload?

That’s just an analogy of course. And like I said, it’s not that I don’t care or don’t feel privileged to be allowed to here someone’s feelings, it just can be tiring and make one feel like the their only role is an emotional Garbage chute.

I know exactly what you mean. I think yes ‘society’ *general hand wave* This musing is centered on guys but I get this from all genders and tbh it’s rude when anybody expects you to deal with their emotions if they don’t care about yours. You could try pointing it out if they’re a reasonable person but personally I just remove myself from that one sided relationship. It’s just selfish of them and also not your ‘job’. Easier said than done I know. You only have so much energy in a day and you have to be careful who you give it to.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options

My sister and I are the kind of people that people tell things to. I think it’s because we appear not to be judging.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Society has spent the last many decades telling men they are toxic and suck (note I'm not actually debating the truth of this), and now that they want or seek to share their feelings (because if they don't, they'll be castigated), it really shouldn't shock anyone that they're bad at it. Eons of being men isn't going to come undone into a tidy little self aware and capable package overnight. It's called toxic masculinity for a reason.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »

I know exactly what you mean. I think yes ‘society’ *general hand wave* This musing is centered on guys but I get this from all genders and tbh it’s rude when anybody expects you to deal with their emotions if they don’t care about yours. You could try pointing it out if they’re a reasonable person but personally I just remove myself from that one sided relationship. It’s just selfish of them and also not your ‘job’. Easier said than done I know. You only have so much energy in a day and you have to be careful who you give it to.

Pretty much this. While it's true that we may be seeing more sharing come from those who identify as male more than we have in the past, I still experience this complete lack of empathy or compassion from both genders. Almost as if I'm an emotional punching bag, an inanimate object to be used as the other person sees fit. And yes, the best course of action is to just remove yourself from the equation. Better for your own mental health.

After all, most of us aren't licensed psychologists or therapists and are not equipped to either analyze nor really help those who do this kind of thing on any meaningful level. Can we be generally supportive and a listening ear? Sure! But not at the expense of one's own mental health. And that seems to happen an awful lot.

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Edited because I don’t actually know how to make the quote boxes shorter within the chat box...

Anyway. What I said was I hear you @KosmosKitten and @5ofseven . Toxic masculinity really hurts us all! And nothing is solved with a “now go share” mentality. Tools and resources and unlearning and relearning by everyone needs to be done. So complicated...

I really took this thread for a turn...whoops.

Okay: guys/gals what’s your opinion on sweet tarts vs those candies with the valentines cheesy messages like “call me”? Sugar is sugar and lll eat both.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Conversation hearts are gross.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    Conversation hearts are gross.

Totally agree. ❤️ <3
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Edited because I don’t actually know how to make the quote boxes shorter within the chat box...

Anyway. What I said was I hear you @KosmosKitten and @5ofseven . Toxic masculinity really hurts us all! And nothing is solved with a “now go share” mentality. Tools and resources and unlearning and relearning by everyone needs to be done. So complicated...

I really took this thread for a turn...whoops.

Okay: guys/gals what’s your opinion on sweet tarts vs those candies with the valentines cheesy messages like “call me”? Sugar is sugar and lll eat both.

Conversation hearts are a cheap, chalky nightmare that almost always gets thrown away. Give me actual Sweet Tarts or Smarties any day of the week.
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men :o [/quote]

I think it depends on the man. I prefer my man be taller than me but I am only 5’4 so that leaves lots of options. Height is not a deal breaker for me.

• acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Re: height preference in a partner

Enby weighing in.
    Height is also not an issue for me in finding someone attractive,
    but I don't like people with height issues, HUGE turn off ie: tall (usually) men who use it to intimidate or infantilize others, or anyone who is constantly compensating/being insecure about their height.
  • CurseofDolkite
    CurseofDolkite Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    abbelina04 wrote: »

I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men. I think it depends on the man. I prefer my man be taller than me but I am only 5’4 so that leaves lots of options. Height is not a deal breaker for me.

I'm a guy, but I don't date partially because I resent women (ppl in general, really) commenting on my height and size. I feel horrible about myself when people notice and hate that it's the first (and often only) thing people see.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    How do you really feel when you've been blocked?

On the flip side, how do you feel blocking or do you block?