Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    How do you really feel when you've been blocked?

On the flip side, how do you feel blocking or do you block?

I haven’t been blocked to my knowledge but I’ve been unfriended. Every time it stings a little but I understand why they felt they had to do it. And it’s usually best to leave it that way.

I’ve blocked once. I felt bad but I had no more explanations to give and I needed it to be over.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

I haven’t been blocked to my knowledge but I’ve been unfriended. Every time it stings a little but I understand why they felt they had to do it. And it’s usually best to leave it that way.

I’ve blocked once. I felt bad but I had no more explanations to give and I needed it to be over.

I've never blocked...I like to keep tabs 😬...actually once I blocked b/c they requested I block them. I think I've recently been blocked and im mixed up about it.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options

I've never blocked...I like to keep tabs 😬...actually once I blocked b/c they requested I block them. I think I've recently been blocked and im mixed up about it.

😆

I did, in part, block to keep myself from snooping. You can’t move on with one foot in the past.
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    abbelina04 wrote: »

I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men. I think it depends on the man. I prefer my man be taller than me but I am only 5’4 so that leaves lots of options. Height is not a deal breaker for me.

I'm a guy, but I don't date partially because I resent women (ppl in general, really) commenting on my height and size. I feel horrible about myself when people notice and hate that it's the first (and often only) thing people see.

Well it has to exhausting resenting so many people! However if your height is the only thing they really notice about you my guess is they are not good people and you don’t need them anyways! Life is short so don’t focus on what you don’t like about yourself but focus on what you do like about yourself! ❤️

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

It makes me a petty and spiteful person because usually I am being blocked due to someone's insecurity and not because I've done or said anything wrong.

Currently, an ex-friend has had me on block since 2016 because he knows if he unblocks me, he will a.) see my stuff in his feed as we share a lot of mutual friends and b.) will be tempted to talk to me. This is the friend who told me I was "a bad friend" despite driving 12 hours to see him with an ear infection, carting his *kitten* around the country and helping him clean his apartment to pass inspection because he was too depressed to do it himself.

The one person I currently have blocked I have blocked because he's a true narcissist and the only way to end all contact with him was to have no contact and "quit" cold turkey. He's the type to turn your words around on you, constantly argue and put you in a corner and.. he says slightly (or blatantly) racist things while pretending he's some sort of feminist (he's not... he's a womanizing emotional abuser).

If I have to block someone, I usually don't feel good about it as it's something I don't enjoy doing and hate that it ever got to the point where that was my only remaining option.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

To my knowledge, I've never been blocked... but it's probably happened at some point or another. I've blocked 1 person, many moons ago.

Like any "relationship"... if it got to that point then it's probably better that way.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

71c69d52dd4c.gif
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

As far as I know, I've been blocked once and it hurt like hell. I did learn that I have to be okay with people not wanting me in their life and if blocking me makes it easier on them then there's no reason for me hold grudges. Acceptance is hella easier on the heart.

And

I only I block numbers who text me a link asking me to check on my pending UPS shipment ( I'm not really an online shopper) so jokes on them.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

I’ve only been blocked once (on Insta) and it was funny because things had been pretty amicable. But I suspect I was just too much of an awesome and hot human being who stuck to the standards that had been set. So I’m trying to read it as an ego boost. Basically I’m amazing AF and if they can’t have it all they can’t handle it so they needed to block me out of passion 😂. This is my theory.

I Only block bots. Because I can handle saying “no” and yeah, how can I creep if I blocked someone? That’s no fun.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Are any of you people replying to this ?

I just see a lot of white space.

Also, I would have to value someone's opinion to care about blocking or being blocked.
    There are those certain folks, but they're pretty rare. (you know who you are)
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

As far as I know, I've been blocked once and it hurt like hell. I did learn that I have to be okay with people not wanting me in their life and if blocking me makes it easier on them then there's no reason for me hold grudges. Acceptance is hella easier on the heart.

And

I only I block numbers who text me a link asking me to check on my pending UPS shipment ( I'm not really an online shopper) so jokes on them.

I order online so much this one always trips me up😬
  • CurseofDolkite
    CurseofDolkite Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cursing myself because I answered the phone and got a call about my expiring car warranty. I hung up right away, but now my number will be listed as live and I'll be getting junk calls from "the Investigative Department of the IRS" and from Social Security saying my number will be blocked permanently due to "suspicious activity". I used to enjoy riling them up because they usually tell you they're coming to your house to kill you if you make them mad enough, but when you answer those calls, it means your number will be sold to every fraudster out there from Mumbai to Lagos.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

And

I block hella numbers asking about my "car's extended warranty". This has gotten so bad that they are now sending me junk pamphlets in the mail. I feel this borders on harassment and am annoyed that there's nothing any of us can do about it.

No joke, I've blocked over 300 numbers since the pandemic started in March because they were spoofing actual numbers to inquire about fraudulent "extended warranties".
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

71c69d52dd4c.gif

Well, at least I know you haven't blocked me....yet 😬
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Getting blocked makes me see that that person wants nothing to do with me so I just leave it alone because it's out of my control.

I've blocked before but it wasn't for those reasons. The only people I will block now are creepy DMs 😬
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

Idk if I’ve been blocked. If I was it’s probably for lame memes and generally being annoying.
    If it was an ex it was probably just something they needed to do because I very rarely ever contact someone again first.
    If I ever found that I was blocked? 🤔 Idk I guess I’d be a little offended but like 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I don’t do a lot of blocking. I only block people who harass me because unfriending is good enough for someone I don’t want to deal with anymore.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

If I've ever been blocked, I haven't been aware of it.

I've only ever blocked one person, an ex, and that was only necessary because he had no boundaries and would blow up my phone in the middle of the night years after we split.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

I haven't really talked about this because it was painful for a while, but here goes. I had a friend visit for Thanksgiving. Hadn't seen her in a while. We hit it off and I spilled my guts about how I felt about her. I opened myself up and was really vulnerable. She went home (far away), and we kept talking. I said that I would not pressure her about a relationship, and I didn't. We kept in touch.

Out of the blue, for no reason that I can discern, she ghosted. No return texts or emails, calls go directly to voicemail. I just want an explanation. Its been more than a month now and it still hurts a bit, not like before.

I presume that you were asking about people on MFP blocking. I know that's not in my answer. I don't know anyone on MFP well enough that it would greatly affect me, probably not at all.

On the flip side I have never blocked anyone.

No I wasn't referring to just mfp...my block was a past relationship that didn't workout. Thats an awful limbo to be in the dark over. And to ghost a friend...even if she didn't reciprocate those same feelings :(

Sorry man,
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My sister and I are the kind of people that people tell things to. I think it’s because we appear not to be judging.
    My coworker (female) and I are those kind of people too. We always thought it was because of making eye contact during conversation (not checking the phone, staring at the floor etc) and actually listening. We hadn't considered the idea of appearing to not be judging but I bet that plays into it as well.