Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• DunkinAndDeadlifts
    DunkinAndDeadlifts Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Guys or girls...whats your opinion on bathing suits...does a girl need a "good" body for a 2 piece...should they stick to tastful 1 piece

Depends what your standard of a “good body” is. I think many peoples view of a good body has been skewed by unrealistic beauty standards via social media and sometimes even television. I believe if you wear a suit and YOU feel good in it, then you should wear it with confidence. I’m a mother and I’m surely not perfect; stretch marks, cellulite, all the things that come with growing a beautiful little soul. I try to view it as a beautiful thing and embrace the body I’ve been given that I work hard to keep healthy, whether perfect in the eyes of others or not. Women are often far too hard on themselves, especially mother’s. I say put on the two piece, look in the mirror with a clear and healthy mindset, and if you like it and feel good wear it. If you don’t find something that makes you feel joyful and wear it instead!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    On the subject of 2 piece bathing suits; definitely wear what YOU like and feel comfortable in, and to heck with others. You're not there to end up in Cosmo. :)

Now for myself, I went for 50 years without wearing a bathing of any kind at all. :( Definitely have some self esteem issues leftover from childhood. But when I went to Florida in August one year, I had no choice. Then going to the Blue Lagoon I again had no choice. But for those 2 times I felt better about where my body was at.

It makes me sad to think of all the fun I missed out on by worrying about what others think. Don't be that person.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I always wear a one-piece.

..... unless I'm feeling extra pretty.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Guys or gals

Whats something you are drawn to that someone else might feel is strange. For instance we seem to all agree humor is sexy...but clearly not everyone finds feet hot.

I will not mention most of the things I am drawn to as they tend to get me a lot of judgment (and are not appropriate for MFP), however, there are some I can mention.
    • Deep (nearly philosophical) understanding of nerd culture. Not just one facet of it, but a jack-of-all trades in the realm of nerdiness.
    • A person who is more creator than consumer, as Twitch mentioned. Those who create I am drawn to because I also create and I find the process by which things are made to be absolutely fascinating.
    • Fellow bookworms. The more you read, the more drawn I am to you. However, I can appreciate you from afar as I recognize the faux pas of interrupting someone in the middle of a good book.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Fancy dinners? Yes or no?

I'm a yes...something about dressing up sexy...

Not for me, thanks.

1.) There's nothing I could wear that would make me "sexy", so that's a moot point.
    2.) My partner hates dressing up in suits unless he has to (military, so always in a uniform anyway).
    3.) Most fancy dinners (IE. dinners I've spent the most on), were not food or places worth the amount of money I put into them.

I'd rather go to an amusement park all day, lol.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Guys or girls...whats your opinion on bathing suits...does a girl need a "good" body for a 2 piece...should they stick to tastful 1 piece

Wear what you want; if people judge you for what you choose to wear on your body, then the problem is them, not you. *kitten* em'.

Also, one piece swimsuits can look terrible on people with a gut, I should know, I'm one of them. Certain two piece ensembles actually look better.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Do you think being on mfp impacts the way peeps see their SO? I mean
    I've seen a few rl relationships tank here. I think that whilst its nice when you meet fun, lively , interesting people on here who are complimentary and kind.. do you think when the computer is turned off and they interact with their SO , they are in some way disappointed or dissatisfied . Maybe the grass is greener kinda thing.?
    Thoughts?

Question 2.. does mfp change people? I wonder, does it make the shy... bolder? Does that carry over to real life? With girl empowerment and supporting each other here, does that make an impact in rl. 🤷‍♀️
    What do you think?

I know a few times when one of the ladies here has had a problem and they're received lots of compassionate posts I've picked up a few tidbits I shared with my daughters , so there's definitely some good to be had here.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I've seen a few rl relationships tank here. I think that whilst its nice when you meet fun, lively , interesting people on here who are complimentary and kind.. do you think when the computer is turned off and they interact with their SO , they are in some way disappointed or dissatisfied . Maybe the grass is greener kinda thing.?
    Thoughts?

The grass is always greener over the septic tank.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Thoughts?

The grass is always greener over the septic tank.

I saw a meme here not so long ago
    ihggm7zwdj1w.jpg
    😂🤣

what maybe happens is peeps come here and they've got people interacting with them of the opposite sex.. its fun and exciting.. then they turn off the computer and what they have at home isn't as appealing... do you think that happens?

Oops edited the wrong one.. this was just a follow on from my post above 😬
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

Question 2.. does mfp change people? I wonder, does it make the shy... bolder? Does that carry over to real life? With girl empowerment and supporting each other here, does that make an impact in rl. 🤷‍♀️
    What do you think?

I know a few times when one of the ladies here has had a problem and they're received lots of compassionate posts I've picked up a few tidbits I shared with my daughters , so there's definitely some good to be had here.

I think sometimes they are already unhappy/on brink of divorce
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

Yeah, you'd think a happy relationship wouldn't be changed..
    I do remember once though thinking I wish my bf at the time would be as complimentary as here lol 😁
    Hmm maybe the compliments and fun interactions here give us an exaggerated expectation of those around us in rl? 🤔
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

I do remember once though thinking I wish my bf at the time would be as complimentary as here lol 😁
    Hmm maybe the compliments and fun interactions here give us an exaggerated expectation of those around us in rl? 🤔
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

it's all fun and games.... until somebody steps onto a jet airplane.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,028 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

Thoughts?

What do you think?

I told you I had business in your area. 🙄
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

I don’t know if it changes others but I feel I’m the same person online and offline.

My use of MFP doesn’t change my view of my SO at all.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

Thoughts?

What do you think?

😔 sorry..* cancels ticket *🛩
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Thoughts?

What do you think?

Actually I think MFP has made me more playful with dh, cracks more jokes type of behavior, and enlightens me that the situation isn't always the bad one I made it out to be in my head. Sure there are days when I say something on the irksome thread but I almost feel like once I've let it out, it doesn't bother me as much. And it's definitely better said on a forum than IRL to dh KWIM?
    Plus you hear people's stories and realize nobody and nothing is perfect but what I(personally) have should be appreciated and respected. I guess that should be anybody's lesson through out life but sometimes it is clear as mud. :blush:

I feel comradery and support, encouragement and compassion, friendship and acceptance on here so guess I don't crave it as much at home now. IDK Maybe that's not it at all and my morning coffee is just putting me in a really good mood. :)

Oy, the grass is greener thinking can get people in trouble fast. :( And there are some 'out there' (not here) who seem to have a knack for preying on the vulnerable and needy. :(
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have found that I have become a bit more "real" irl. Historically, I worked to craft what people knew of me, but I'm more genuine now. It could be the years of therapy, it could be the anonymity of posting in the forums here and feeling a touch of acceptance. Who knows?

As far as being disappointed in a SO because of interactions/attention here... since becoming active on the forums I've probably become more set in the mindset that I appreciate the photos and the work/sacrifice of physical attributes from afar without overt acknowledgement. I dont post pics that would attract attention, in part, because being noticed makes me uncomfortable. I'm the same irl. Compliments or attention should be fun/joking/goofy or I find it suspect.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    What do you think?

I hope it does in a positive way whether that is giving people more information to help them reach their goals, different perspectives to broaden their own perspective, great examples of encouragement, kindness and support that begets more of the same, and/or more overall confidence.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I have found that I have become a bit more "real" irl. Historically, I worked to craft what people knew of me, but I'm more genuine now. It could be the years of therapy, it could be the anonymity of posting in the forums here and feeling a touch of acceptance. Who knows?

As far as being disappointed in a SO because of interactions/attention here... since becoming active on the forums I've probably become more set in the mindset that I appreciate the photos and the work/sacrifice of physical attributes from afar without overt acknowledgement. I dont post pics that would attract attention, in part, because being noticed makes me uncomfortable. I'm the same irl. Compliments or attention should be fun/joking/goofy or I find it suspect.

I'm completely different IRL. (trooth)

.... except for the burrito

(never leave home without one)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

I'm completely different IRL. (trooth)

.... except for the burrito

(never leave home without one)

Wait...you DON'T reach around IRL? 😦