Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,027 Member
    Options
    Fancy dinners? Yes or no?

I'm a yes...something about dressing up sexy...

Same. I’d rather have non-fancy more often but fancy sometimes for sure. But....I’d have to get something to wear! Now I’m kinda stressed.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    What's everybody drinking tonight 😂...

I'm usually a wine guy but it's been tequila tonight
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do like a man who knows how to dress well with clothes that fit. I remember walking around Rome with my brother who owns a bespoke tailors and I was gasping at the sartorial splendor of the men, especially the OLDER men, 50+. Wow they really had it together, my bro agreed. No harm in looking good and giving women something to appreciate.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Options
    I am talking about Sprezzatura, the Italian word for looking cool and elegant but in nonchalant, relaxed way - naturally well put together, definitely masculine, not overdone https://youtu.be/_QG4lTMjWtY
  • Joyfulandactive
    Options
    Style inspiration for men https://youtu.be/gwJwpF16oEs
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    What's everybody drinking tonight 😂...

I'm usually a wine guy but it's been tequila tonight

Facetimed with dd last night and she was drinking Tequila Sunrises. I wanted...... :blush:

Maybe a drink tonight.

Dressed up/fancy to eat out? Not my thing. I feel like I have to be a certain way and act appropriately, like I get all blushed if I slop food in my lap and have to do the club soda thing and all that. Nah, I'd rather be able drop food in my lap without everybody watching me like I'm the one freak in the establishment. Then there's the burping afterwards.
    Actually I prefer take-out, bringing a pizza home, fighting dh over the last piece, sitting there with sauce on my teeth, and cursing him as we play games together.

I just don't like being in public. :/
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options

Upscale steakhouse. So, fancy but not.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

I've never been to a fancy dinner before but the thought of it sounds nice:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Style inspiration for men https://youtu.be/gwJwpF16oEs

I prefer the ' Just Shipwrecked ' look.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Guys or girls...whats your opinion on bathing suits...does a girl need a "good" body for a 2 piece...should they stick to tastful 1 piece
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with good foods and short skirts.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Guys or girls...whats your opinion on bathing suits...does a girl need a "good" body for a 2 piece...should they stick to tastful 1 piece

A girl should wear whatevertf she feels confident in. Don't let someone else's opinion stop you from wearing a bikini when it makes you feel like a million bucks to put one on.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

Trick question? 🤔 I've seen many a "monokini" that leave less to the imagination than bikinis.

Anybody should wear what they like.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

I suggest going for comfort and personal taste. That's what everyone else will be doing.

You might be mad at yourself when you see hundreds of people wearing what you wanted to wear if you decide against it in order to please them.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I feel more comfortable in a bikini that compliments my body, than a one piece, but that's me. My stretch marks and cellulite will be visible, my small boobs will be out, my white af, pasty skin will be prominently displayed. Those that can't handle it are invited to avert their eyes.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

A girl should wear whatevertf she feels confident in. Don't let someone else's opinion stop you from wearing a bikini when it makes you feel like a million bucks to put one on.

Truth
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Trick question? 🤔 I've seen many a "monokini" that leave less to the imagination than bikinis.

Anybody should wear what they like.

Truff

I suggest going for comfort and personal taste. That's what everyone else will be doing.

You might be mad at yourself when you see hundreds of people wearing what you wanted to wear if you decide against it in order to please them.

No lies here

***not sure what I feel comfortable in...probably sweats...but that'd be a little hot for beach
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    I feel more comfortable in a bikini that compliments my body, than a one piece, but that's me. My stretch marks and cellulite will be visible, my small boobs will be out, my white af, pasty skin will be prominently displayed. Those that can't handle it are invited to avert their eyes.

I need to find this feeling
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I realize that I am smaller than average and a lot of people might think that's really easy for me to feel, considering. Even so, it's taken me a lot to get to the point of accepting that I can't change anything except the bust size (with major surgery) and being closer to what I was raised thinking of as ideal is not attainable. I also realized that I always recognize beauty in others that don't fit in the teeny, tiny range of ideal, I need to work harder at seeing that in myself.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Amen.

That said, I haven't felt confident in a bikini since I was 15 (and even then I think I only wore it to annoy my parents) so my million bucks bathing suit would most likely be a tankini top and some sort of athletic shorts.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options

I realize that I am smaller than average and a lot of people might think that's really easy for me to feel, considering. Even so, it's taken me a lot to get to the point of accepting that I can't change anything except the bust size (with major surgery) and being closer to what I was raised thinking of as ideal is not attainable. I also realized that I always recognize beauty in others that don't fit in the teeny, tiny range of ideal, I need to work harder at seeing that in myself.

I also appreciate all body types. I've seen all types of figures in bikinis and thought they looked good. Wish I also could feel that way about myself