Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    stljam wrote: »
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Once we were introduced there, I can remember everything about her that day - what she wore (yes, 26 years later I can tell you), how she sat, things we talked about. I didn't ask her out until about 3 months later (and saw another woman first, which she has never let me forget), but the early on was very positive, and we visited nearly daily for an hour or more. We'd only been dating each other for about a week when I knew I wanted to marry her - which isn't truly love at first sight, but it's at least in the realm. There was definitely attraction and deep conversation sand interest at first sight.

I get this. I met my wife at a party through a friend who already had informed me she had a bf. At first, I spent most of my time trying to get to know her single friend but my wife and I just were drawn to each other in conversation and spent the rest of the party with each other. Her bf was in another city, so we did things together all the time. I'm sure to others it looked like dating and it likely was in many ways. We didn't "officially" start dating until after she broke up with her bf and I now get to be reminded how I was hitting on her friend, not her, the night we met (more by mutual friends now than by her).

An aside, the first time we did something after that party it was with a group but I would swear it was just her and me. My brain doesn't remember the other people being there at all. It must have been solely focused on her, innately knowing that we would spend 25+ years together.

Yeah, I was similar. My wife's roommate was hanging around that first day with us, but I couldn't tell you a thing about her roommate, nor her parts of the conversation. She just didn't register other than as a vague entity. :)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    sloth2not wrote: »
    Do you trust easily or do you find it hard to trust? Is this different in person versus online or the same?

I trust pretty easy but I'm usually self assured that should my trust be squandered... I'll be fine regardless...

I trust pretty easily but never have much invested in it...
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Do you trust easily or do you find it hard to trust? Is this different in person versus online or the same?

I have trust issues that run deep. Harder online for sure mostly because they only show a fraction of what they really are in real life. I have been burned on here before which made me really put my guard up and I hardly share any personal information or open myself up to chatting with anyone. In real life, I read people pretty well and the people I trust, have earned that.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options

I think I trust appropriately. Different levels to different people.

A couple of times I trusted people who befriended me with ulterior motives but I conducted myself according to my values so any discomfort was fleeting.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

I trust pretty easy but I'm usually self assured that should my trust be squandered... I'll be fine regardless...

Interesting POV. Why don’t you invest?

Because all we are, is dust in the wind Dude ~ Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure 😂...

And it's true... If someone breaks my trust, I know that they are just a product of the life they've led and it's not personal...

I became very close friends with someone on here once who catfished me 😂... It's hella funny now... 😂

If I had held that against this person... I would have missed out on one of my most cherished of mfp friends 💕...

But I knew that she had her reasons for doing so, and I just couldn't hold them against her... Because if I had lived in her shoes, I would probably have done the same thing... 💕

I guess when you know what it's like to be a 330+lb guy... You just don't hold much against people
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

Because all we are, is dust in the wind Dude ~ Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure 😂...

And it's true... If someone breaks my trust, I know that they are just a product of the life they've led and it's not personal...

I became very close friends with someone on here once who catfished me 😂... It's hella funny now... 😂

If I had held that against this person... I would have missed out on one of my most cherished of mfp friends 💕...

But I knew that she had her reasons for doing so, and I just couldn't hold them against her... Because if I had lived in her shoes, I would probably have done the same thing... 💕

I guess when you know what it's like to be a 330+lb guy... You just don't hold much against people

You're good people Jesse 🥰
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

You're good people Jesse 🥰

🥰... Thanks Jo, and back at you in the best of ways 💕
  • twitchandshout
    Options

hot
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

hot

Really!? 🤷🏽‍♂️...
    Aw Dude this is so going to be a podcast now 😏🥰😂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Options

hot

Really!? 🤷🏽‍♂️...

This would be an excellent episode...id tune in
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

hot

Really!? 🤷🏽‍♂️...

This would be an excellent episode...id tune in

It would 😂... I will consider this one
    Excellent or hot 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Trust is never black and white. As I've gained life experience I feel like I've hardened my heart when it comes to trusting and letting people in. It's nothing against the people themselves, it's my weakness about the possibility of giving my all only to be let down. The last time I trusted someone with my whole heart and soul, our heavy deep conversations ended up going the way of talking about the weather and they then avoided anything deep and heavy; then promises that were made constantly and never followed through on. Our deep friendship of 10 years changed quickly. My heart changed.
    Nowadays I don't feel things the way I used to. Life just....is. And I don't let enough people in to trust or not trust these days. I have a very select few, mostly close family. I seem to have built a barrier.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Guys or gals

Whats something you are drawn to that someone else might feel is strange. For instance we seem to all agree humor is sexy...but clearly not everyone finds feet hot.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Guys or gals

Whats something you are drawn to that someone else might feel is strange. For instance we seem to all agree humor is sexy...but clearly not everyone finds feet hot.

Armpits on a man with muscles.

And

Weird guys. Idk how else to say that. I can’t define it but I know it when I see it.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Guys or gals

And

Weird guys. Idk how else to say that. I can’t define it but I know it when I see it.

Armpits interesting...I dated a guy once who had a thing for em

Weird, like awkward weird?
  • Peachesand_cream
    Peachesand_cream Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Guys or gals

A v nice Apollo's belt

• twitchandshout
    Options
    Guys or gals

And

Not awkward. Confident in his weirdness. Creative, independent, free-thinker. Think artists, writers, musicians, entrepreneurs... but it’s not what they’re creating that I’m attracted to. It’s the type of brain that tends to create. They are so interesting. They are fun to talk to and fun to *kitten*. They just think differently. Not boring.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    Guys or gals

And

Not awkward. Confident in his weirdness. Creative, independent, free-thinker. Think artists, writers, musicians, entrepreneurs... but it’s not what they’re creating that I’m attracted to. It’s the type of brain that tends to create. They are so interesting. They are fun to talk to and fun to *kitten*. They just think differently. Not boring.

‘fun to “kitten”’ hmmmm interesting. Makes sense.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Guys or gals

And

And I like that they are creators and not merely consumers. They endeavor to put something back into the world. They enhance. They decorate. They adorn. They are not merely utilitarian. They are a luxury item. They are not minimal but abundant. They are rich in mind.

Ima write some poetry today