Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Too seriously answer the question however...

She's got to be competent...

Like you have to show me you put in the effort to figure out how the damn smart TV works and didn't just be like...

"Oh I turned it on and it's not doing what I want... JESS!!"

😖😖😖

I now have TWO teenagers. I don’t ever have to technocrisize again.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    How do y’all feel about spinach

Spinach has a very high oxalate count; kale is a better option.

Dear lord can we have one SINGLE conversation without you bringing up oxalates??!?

........ and don't even get me started on raw almonds.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

Clearly you’ve tried running a marathon with a kidney stone sir

I didn't try to run the marathon.... I actually ran it.

and yes, with a kidney stone along for the ride.

it was a very long day.

But did you even stop to think about what a long day it was for the other people running?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Ha
    I don't "need" to be taken care of. I can take care of myself. I don't know how to do anything related to fixing a car or changing tires/oil/etc..... but I know where to go to get those things done. 🤷‍♀️

I will say, however, that for me personally...... a man who knows how to do things, fix things, build things, etc....
    Men who are handy = sexy.

I may not "need" him to do things, but having a man who can do those things is hot.
    And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

Well, with the exception of being super self-sufficient. I’d be the type to call and say “I have a flat on interstate what do I do 😭” and then hate myself for not being a strong independent woman later 😬

But yes to it being very sexy when a man has a mind/love for building or if he understands things that I don’t. Not because it’s useful to me but because it’s fascinating. I have no interest in what happens under the hood of a car, but I could listen to someone talk about it all day if it interested them and they knew a lot about it.

But for me, my real kryptonite is a guy who can build things. Woodworking. God, is there anything hotter?

As a former auto mechanic, sometimes changing a tire on the side of the road isn't possible. Aluminum rims, if not rotated regularly can bond to rotors or wheel hubs making it impossible to get it off. Or, you're in a high traffic area, so it can be unsafe. Nothing wrong with calling AAA or someone else to do it.

Also, I always told anyone who listened that "knowledge is power" when it comes to any kind of repair. If you take a car in for repair, make sure you clearly understand the work they'll be doing and ask them upfront to save the old parts so you can see/understand what exactly was done. If it doesn't make sense, ask questions until it does. I've seen too many people taken advantage of, especially women because the service manager thinks women won't know the difference.

Same goes for home repair such as appliances, remodeling, etc. Learn and understand what you can. I was lucky in that I could do most of the remodeling on the home I owned to save money and do it as I wanted. But, it also got very tiring as there was a never ending list of work to be done.

If you go to Home Depot, Lowe's or other places like them which offer free clinics on repairs or upgrades, a lot of women attend them. I think it damn cool to see women wanting to learn and do some repairs on their own.

Do guys know how attractive it is when they do this? Asking for my friends because I’m immune

I was pretty oblivious to any kind of advances or comments I heard women say about it as I was married at the time. All I heard from her was bitching about how long it was taking, how expensive it was and why I wasn't pulling my weight doing chores around the home such as washing dishes, vacuuming, etc.

So, might be a bit jaded on some of these things.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Ha
    I don't "need" to be taken care of. I can take care of myself. I don't know how to do anything related to fixing a car or changing tires/oil/etc..... but I know where to go to get those things done. 🤷‍♀️

I will say, however, that for me personally...... a man who knows how to do things, fix things, build things, etc....

I may not "need" him to do things, but having a man who can do those things is hot.
    And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

Well, with the exception of being super self-sufficient. I’d be the type to call and say “I have a flat on interstate what do I do 😭” and then hate myself for not being a strong independent woman later 😬

But yes to it being very sexy when a man has a mind/love for building or if he understands things that I don’t. Not because it’s useful to me but because it’s fascinating. I have no interest in what happens under the hood of a car, but I could listen to someone talk about it all day if it interested them and they knew a lot about it.

But for me, my real kryptonite is a guy who can build things. Woodworking. God, is there anything hotter?

So yeah...... I'm with you on all that except I dont think that not knowing how to do those things means I'm not a strong independent woman. 🤷‍♀️
    I don't need to do ALL the things. I think there is strength in knowing that and knowing you have support with things you don't know how to do. But thats just my 2 cents. 🤷‍♀️😁

Also, woodworking is sexy af. 😍

Stop being perfect. Just stoppit right now

Eta: i wouldn’t hate myself for not knowing how to change a tire. Just that my first inclination would be to call my guy rather than figuring out who i need to call for help

Its just my online persona.
    I'm a *kitten* mess IRL. 😂😂😂
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Do guys prefer a girl who has it all together
    "I dont need a man"

..or ..

someone who "needs" to be taken care of? "Will you come fix my lawn mower, change my tire...

Well...... Which ones hotter? 🤷🏽‍♂️

:D ummm let's say I don't need a man is hotter but change my tire has some extra benefits

Which one has better.... Linguistic skills? 😬

Probably change my tire

Change my tire as the main piece and I don't need a man as the side piece then... 🤷🏽‍♂️

😂awful answer

Try again
  • GettinLean19
    Options

Dear lord can we have one SINGLE conversation without you bringing up oxalates??!?

Did you know that cooked spinach has more oxalates than raw spinach? It's true !

Also, rhubarb is very high in oxalates... but really, who actually eats rhubarb?

It barely counts as a food.

We had a huge patch of it when i was growing up. It makes the best sound when you mow it
  • Motorsheen
    Options

it was a very long day.

But did you even stop to think about what a long day it was for the other people running?

Nope, I was too busy putting one foot in front of the other....

On the bright side, we had dinner in Little Italy that evening and I ate like a gladiator.
  • GettinLean19
    Options

it was a very long day.

On the bright side, we had dinner in Little Italy that evening and I ate like a gladiator.

Is that what people in AZ call olive garden? So cute
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Did you know that cooked spinach has more oxalates than raw spinach? It's true !

Also, rhubarb is very high in oxalates... but really, who actually eats rhubarb?

But when its mixed with strawberry in a pie tho..... 😍

Strawberries only have 2mg of Oxalates per 1/2 cup.

• GettinLean19
    Options
    Ha

And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

So yeah...... I'm with you on all that except I dont think that not knowing how to do those things means I'm not a strong independent woman. 🤷‍♀️
    I don't need to do ALL the things. I think there is strength in knowing that and knowing you have support with things you don't know how to do. But thats just my 2 cents. 🤷‍♀️😁

Stop being perfect. Just stoppit right now

Eta: i wouldn’t hate myself for not knowing how to change a tire. Just that my first inclination would be to call my guy rather than figuring out who i need to call for help

Its just my online persona.
    I'm a *kitten* mess IRL. 😂😂😂

Getting perfecter.. 😍😆
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

I like to live dangerously.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Ha

And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

Mmhmm. I feel the same way.

I “can’t cook” at all. I’ve cooked—nobody has died. I don’t enjoy it. I don’t feel obligated to learn. There are so many things to learn in life that I decided a while back that cooking is something that I don’t enjoy, so I’d learn the bare minimum and leave it at that. It seems to offend people, but <shrugs>

I put my energy elsewhere and I don’t feel bad about it at all
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I like to live dangerously.

Then have a big plate of Spinach.

...with raw almonds.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    anybody

if that one is texting you, but u in the shower, you gonna do the classic lean out of the shower to text and respond? or just make 'em wait?

Depends on if they made me smiley recently or pouty
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Ha

And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

Mmhmm. I feel the same way.

I “can’t cook” at all. I’ve cooked—nobody has died. I don’t enjoy it. I don’t feel obligated to learn. There are so many things to learn in life that I decided a while back that cooking is something that I don’t enjoy, so I’d learn the bare minimum and leave it at that. It seems to offend people, but <shrugs>

I put my energy elsewhere and I don’t feel bad about it at all

Excellent comparison
  • GettinLean19
    Options

@Reckoner69_lmao
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Ha

And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Yes to all this.

Yes to both posters.
    However, I'm thinking along the lines of extreme
    Different perspectives on extreme sides of the spectrum is I guess what I'm referring to.

On one end someone who can not show vulnerability and weakness...stating she needs noone ...all the way to the person who maybe relies on everyone else to solve her problems

I'd have to go with the "I need no one"

The other would annoy me
  • Motorsheen
    Options

it was a very long day.

Is that what people in AZ call olive garden? So cute

Have you had their breadsticks ?!?!?

Full disclosure - it was in San Diego

littleitaly-signnight-gallery600x450-1.jpg?bc=white&h=500&w=700&c=1

(That's a city in Southern California, for all of you in West Dakota.)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    Ha

And handy.
    And appreciated.
    ❤😁

Preach.