Less Alcohol - APRIL 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was down for the count- and I’m not sure if it was PMS or a hangover. From my ONE glass of wine. That I had on a full stomach, didn’t even get tipsy.

So is this a thing? Has anyone experienced this near the start of their TOM? I had a headache and fatigue all day long. I know I didn’t drink nearly enough for a hangover. Granted, I’m 51 and going through peri menopause. So I don’t know if it’s my changing body as I eventually wind down, or if I just can’t process alcohol anymore.

Last night, no alcohol and I feel much better today. I don’t get it.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lilann1961 wrote: »
    @dbanks80 I have also significantly upped my intake, you are not alone. I think the positive out of this is we recognize it and set goals to adjust.

I am much more sedentary here at home, even though I work at a desk when at work. I don't even want to think about stepping on the scale. I can feel my clothes getting tighter, and this is with logging everyday, maybe not perfectly (like if I have some wine after I have logged dinner and snacks) AND taking a 1-2 mile walk with the kiddos and dogs about 5 days a week. It just isn't enough to counteract this new version of normal. I have upped my water intake, in hopes some of it is truly just water retention. Hopefully, by the time we come out of this, I have managed to maintain or am maintaining at that point (hopefully you all can tell the difference in that).

I have noticed ALLLLLLLLL of my friends, whether working from home, laid off and worried at home and/or working kiddos with school at home, have upped their alcohol consumption. Some do it seemingly proudly. I am very lucky to be able to work from home, but with the kids' lesson plans and the fact that my husband was laid off, it is a totally new routine. I don't want to be the one posting my delivered margaritas on social media.

2/7 days AF, with yesterday being one of them and I plan on being AF this evening. I am taking it day by day. Hope you all are well and are staying safe.

We got this! We have to get refocused and reboot.

They did say alcohol sales have increased significantly. Maybe it's because the bars and clubs are closed maybe it's the stress of dealing with all of this or both.

I've been staying active with exercise that helps a lot with dealing with the stress.

So sorry that your hubby got laid off.

Everyone keeps saying adjusting to the new normal. I really hope this doesn't become the new normal.