Accountability buddy

Options

Replies

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone. Had my first vaccine this morning. Got double my steps in too so that worked out well haha. 2nd vaccine is mid June.

@BenCHarrison1981 Welcome to the group. I also gained a lot during these lockdowns and am on my 2nd week again. I have added you

@ladychr0nic Did that 2lbs jump back down? I'm hoping I do see a loss on Thursday then I can stick to weekly weigh ins. I didn't weigh myself from Oct 2020 to Feb 2021 but luckily I gained just 3lbs. But that was when I wasn't properly trying to lose weight. I had given up and fed up of lockdown but I'm back on it. 2nd week this week.

@PatriceFitnessPal I have Bluetooth scales so my numbers are always logged down somewhere :lol:

@kiay131982 Great work out hun. Good on you! Have been checking your diary too :) Good job logging.
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Thanks! I like to show Max off any chance I get :)

@kiay131982
    That's nice they plan on lifting restrictions! Hopefully they follow through! June is a good goal :) and that sounds like a super intense workout!! I DON'T WANT TO FALL OFF EITHER! WE GOT THIS!

So I had a lot of salt the last couple days and am up in weight. I'm hoping it will come off and it's just water weight as I have been staying within my calories and have been keeping active. I plan on going for a huge walk with Max today, who is currently cuddled up with me on the couch :) Fish tacos tonight for dinner which is pretty healthy.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @kiay131982 great workout! I’m trying to up my workout intensity, too (but I’m not at your level yet)!

@BenCHarrison1981 I gained during lockdown, too. My 1st GW is my pre-covid weight. 😏 This is a great group for support and motivation!
  • jessphill2020
    jessphill2020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fell off the rails again, after losing loads of weight 2-3 years ago (5.5 Stone), I've now put about 1.8 stone on during the lockdowns, really sick of it and need to sort my *kitten* out, I'm looking for some accountability and motivation buddies please to help me through this willing to give it back with any other kind of support needed! Would

Anybody be interested? I'm 39 Male from UK, Hobbies including MTB, SKateboarding, Jump Rope, Gym, Weight Training, Reading and Music.

Hi. I think these lockdowns have a lot of us struggling. I gained weight during this time, too. I had to google was a stone was 😳 but I have 1.5 stone to lose. Congrats on losing the weight 2-3 years ago. That’s inspiring. You can do it again! You seem to have very healthy hobbies! I’m available to add as a friend. Good luck!
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!!! Going well here so far, I've managed to find some of the motivation that I had lost and that feels good!!!

Welcome @BenCHarrison1981! Feel free to use this thread, or you can friend request if that's how you prefer to work:) What is MTB? :)

Tracking has gone well so far. Today's workout is a 21 minute AMRAP. 7 Push ups, 14 squats, 21 sit ups. And repeat through that as many times as possible in 21 minutes. Short, sharp and ugly :)
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Morning!!!

Tracking is still happening, and my body is sore from yesterday's efforts so I'm embracing that! :) today's plan is a 45minute run.... so I am hoping I get enough time in my day to fit that in, although it's lighter in the evenings now so that opens up some more opportunities.... :)

How is everyone doing?
  • roz0810
    Options
    Morning @kiay131982 I'm doing well thanks. Enjoy your run!
  • roz0810
    Options
    1.8lbs down on the scales this week woop. I've worked very hard this week and it's paying off so I'm happy 😊 Just need to stick with it!
  • lrw327
    Options
    @kiay131982 I'm doing great! Today was weigh in day for me & I’m down 1 lb. That’s exciting because I’ve been on a plateau for a few weeks.

Looking forward to the new month & new goals:
    - lose 5 lbs
    - stay consistent with my eating
    - do more outside exercising
    - notice and be thankful for all the NSVs!

Anyone else have new goals for April?
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Monday will be my first weigh-in so I have to be good this weekend! I like Monday's because it holds me accountable over the weekend. So ready for April and a fresh start! I'm struggling with my workouts. By time I get home from work and we get everyone to/from practice and dinner done, I'm done. I'm squeezing little walks in at work on breaks and lunch, but am not meeting my workout goals at all.

Goals for April:
    - Meal planning and prepping
    - Track every day
    - Consistent workout plan
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I’m a bit late checking in but I made significant progress with decluttering. I filled a tall recycle bin with outdated files and reports that were in boxes from my old office, where I haven’t worked since November 2019! When I started my own business, I thought I might need to refer to the information but nobody really goes back to ‘hard copies’ with internet research at our fingertips and electronic storage available .... so maybe I was just hanging on to past emotions? It had been an overwhelming task to start but now I’m motivated to finish!

@kiay131982 - I also filled my car with items to donate this weekend in line with the ‘challenge’ you introduced me, too. And, now that the new month is here, I’m on track to cleanse my life of one item for each day of the month. I added one item to the car load yesterday, I’ll add two more today and then three more tomorrow before dropping off the full load.

Wednesday was weigh-in day and there was no change - again - so I’ve been contemplating my options. Since outdoor rowing is going to start soon, I think I’ll just continue my current nutrition goals and see if there’s any change with the added fitness level. The other option is to get more serious about weighing and measuring food exactly. Most of the time, I just try to over-estimate the calories and ‘guesstimate’ recipes based on existing MFP entries. So, maybe I need to buckle down and measure better. I’ll consider making some gradual changes over the next few months but I’m not ready yet. For now, I’ll set a goal to weigh and measure one meal a week and add it to my favorites list. Eventually, that will build a ‘library’ for when I can dedicate more time to the project.

My goals this week are:
    -Add one meal to my ‘favorites’ list
    -Continue the decluttering (that’s also weighing me down)
    -Build home exercises into my routine one day per week

I’m finally transitioning out of physical therapy by going to the clinic one day per week instead of two days. The key will be making sure I incorporate the stretches and exercises into my routine, which needs some work. How is everyone doing?

Welcome to new members (@Intimidator and @BenCHarrison1981). It’s good to have you here!
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm also looking for an accountability buddy to check in with daily. I've tried to do this journey on my own for many years after my boys were born and I keep falling off after a considerable amt of weight lose. I need to to be my last time. I've heard great things about the groups on this site and hoping I can meet tons of wonderful ppl that I can help and who can help me get to my goal. Let's go! I'm all in!
  • roz0810
    Options
    Welcome @shawtytel I have added you :)

Happy Easter weekend everyone.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Thank you, @roz0810 - Have a wonderful weekend!

@shawtytel - Welcome! Do you have a short-term goal you are working to achieve? I’ll check in regularly to encourage you on your journey (through a number of manageable short-term goals) to reach long-term success. I’m looking forward to hearing about your progress and/ or what you are learning along the way.

I can definitely relate to the ups and downs we experience through different phases of life. There are times when everyone else’s priorities seem to take energy and attention from our own self-care. I remember trying to fit in workouts by running around the track while my son was at football practice. I was so pleased with myself for carving out some ‘balance.’ Then the coaches asked me to help organize some team tasks, etc. so it was a very short-lived effort! In the end, the sports season was so much fun and the children, families and coaches had a close-knit relationship. It felt seamless and natural, which makes me smile to think of that time in our lives. I guess it’s my long way of saying we can’t be too hard on ourselves during certain phases of life when we can’t do it all. Knowing the minimum requirement is sometimes helpful when life gets tough so I like this MFP thread that makes it an intentional decision making process:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787818/minimum-basic-and-preferred-habits

Later, when my rowing coach asked each of us what goals we were working on, I told him I was just trying to hang on to a minimal fitness level so I wasn’t too out of shape when my sons finished high school and moved on to college. 😂🤣😂 It was not exactly what the eager 20-something year old coach envisioned so I’m sure he had to lower his expectations ... but, I just couldn’t fit everything into the day. I also knew my sons would build their own lives, independent of us, and spend less time together as a family. So, I tried to hang on to my hobby and fitness at the just-good-enough level. Now, I’m trying to write my epic ‘comeback’ story! 🤞😉🤞

Everyone loves a comeback story, right! Personally, I’ve always favored the underdog. So, let’s write our future stories one page at a time together. The more hurdles we’ve had before this point, the better the story!! Go get those goals, Accountability buddies!
  • kiay131982
    Options
    Good afternoon all!!! I've taken a couple of days rest over the weekend to rest my body and recoup. Plan to work out hard Mon to Fri again though!!! However on Saturday my muscle soreness kicked in and my hubby made me a hot water bottle for my back... only it burst when I applied it and I got quite scalded! :( spent 20 minutes in a freezing cold shower and we managed to home first aid it..and only have smallish blisters so I have taken today as a rest day as well as yesterday just to give that some extra recovery.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend and is ready to hit the ground running tomorrow! Xxx
  • lrw327
    Options
    @kiay131982 that sounds awful! 😣 Hopefully you recover quickly and you’re back and better than ever after your rest!!
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome @PatriceFitnessPal and @roz0810.
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal my short term goal is to at least lose 5-10 lbs this month. So far so good staying on tract with my eating and exercising since the 1st. I've dedicated myself to do at least 12k+ steps a day and 1 to 2 videos depending on how long they are. I want to at least achieve an hour of cardio everyday.

I definitely understand your epic come back story. I am on a mission to prove to my cousin that just because u have kids doesn't mean u need to be out of shape and unhealthy. She has this notion that I'm stuck and forget about it...this is who I am now. That I will never get my body back. What I saw in the mirror on Christmas 2019 scared the crap out of me. So when my journey to get serious started in January 2020 my goal was to finally love what I see when my son graduates this year. That is still my focus.

Having my boys cheer me on when I exercise is amazing and keeps me going even though I do have setbacks. That icecream and cake gets me every time 🤣. They make sure I'm drinking my water and making good food choices. They are my little personal trainers 😊. Thanks for wanting to be my accountability buddy.

• bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My good friends!!! Long time no chat... sorry to go MIA but I’ve been making pretty good progress since I last checked in ( I believe that was back during my anniversary- end of February)

Since then I’ve linked up with a health coach and things have been going really well!

I’ve lost 10lbs so far and I’m So excited about it! Its been HARD and it took a lot of discipline but I’m happy I’m sticking to something and finally seeing results.. I’m at 141.3lbs now but I’m still working hard to continue my journey to healthy!
    (I’m only 5’1 and my bodyfat% & BMI is higher than I would prefer)

Anyways I’m doing my best to catch up on messages but going forward, I’ll pop in regularly to see what’s going on😉

Have A Great First Week of April ❣️
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had my weigh-in this morning and I was scrolling though my weight history. My lowest was in August 2015. Almost 50 pounds less than where I am now. I worked so hard to get there and I am not sure why I let myself get back into my old habits. But instead of letting it get my down, I am using it as inspiration! I used MFP and dedication to get there before, I can do it again!!