Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    @mmdeveau - I need to get my mind in that state too! One day I weight at 8AM and the next week it's 11AM. Thanks for putting that in my head.
  • aquariansmb
    aquariansmb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and thank you for the kind welcome. Yesterday I spent as much time as possible outside soaking in the sun before the rain moves in today. I went on two short walks around the neighborhood and while not exerting physically, they did wonders for me in every other way. Today the weather will be a wash out. I do have a bike and treadmill in the basement so really no excuse not to move in some capacity. Just need the motivation!

@KeriA That's great on the running! I started using a planner at the beginning of the year. Some weeks I do great, and some weeks not so much. I do like creating a daily check list for myself. It is rewarding to mark things off complete. My issue is I put too many things on at time :)

@torihudson6 Do you have any techniques that have worked for you? One thing I have started is I made a list in my bullet journal of "Foods to Think Hard About Before Eating". On that list are foods that don't make me feel great after eating them, whether it cause bloating, gas, indigestion, etc. I am also working on not eating meals at my desk. Even with the work at home situation I am in now, I have falling into that a couple times.

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 I loved what you said about changing your thinking eating too much. I think having a strong why like that does help so much. I am using the same sort of talking to myself as well. In the past, it has been so different. Dieting and exercising to "fix" myself. While those methods worked, they never worked for long so trying to actually do things out of caring for myself instead of dislike and punishment.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @jaedamvinson Hi, you have been through quite an upheaval, so well done on choosing to look after yourself! It's vital for your well being , even if you have a road bump just keep coming back!
  • pamiede
    pamiede Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!! Still working on incorporating more move with this shelter-in-place. I’m used to walking all day. Now I’m struggling to get in 6000 steps each day.

Height: 5’4”
    SW: 307 (4/2019)
    CW: 3/31 199.6
    4/7 199.2 (-0.4)
    April GW: 195
    GW: 160

I’m going to continue with my morning and evening walks. Except this morning it’s raining so I’ll probably do one long walk instead of 2.

Have a great week! #StayHomeStaySafeSaveLives❣️
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    April Goals
    Log all food and beverages honestly
    Drink at least 8 cups of water every day
    Do two 5 minute walks; try for 3rd
    Wear a mask anytime I have to go away from the house (groceries, dr)
    Find one thing funny every day and share it
    Stay in touch with family and friends on a frequent basis
    Get outside every day weather permits

Yesterday was sweet. Temp was around 50 and it was sunny. So, took my rake and yard waste bin and did a small section of my yard. Then sat in lawnchair and enjoyed the fresh air and sun. Lots of neighbors on walks so said hi and waved to a few. No one really stops to chat but all are friendly. It was just nice to be out, see some people, get some smiles. Full isolation really sucks!!