Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: 3 hours weeding drive
    Bonus: veg prep
    Get to do: BB&B, make tuna salad, invest 10 mins cleaning Living Rm, carry over cleaning Master Bath, Guest Bth, stroll with Barb, dig up snow pea bed for potatoes, start weeding flower bed, call Lee, bake cookies for Joe, call Carolyn, call appliance repair about unbalanced washing machine and antique oven’s pilot light, depending on prognosis finish cleaning and start de-rusting Aunt Elsie’s stove, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.
    Coping Calendar Day 20: make time for self care:
    got outside in the sun and played in the dirt.
    Smacked Joe and said “I need to know how to change the channels on those TV’s”. Yep had nightmares of horrible scary bloody creepy TV shows on TV’s that wouldn’t change channels and did the smacking and demanding before fully awake.
    Had to do my dish washing and mfp therapy to purge the images.

Flea that “Watching Game of Thrones” poem says it perfectly.
    Katla what kind of liniment do you use on your knee. Either because a weather change is coming (not) or because I haven’t been doing BB&B (yup that’s it) my wrist and knee are talkin’ to me. Bet your Royalty Purple beans are beautiful, please share pics before harvest?
    SuziQ omigosh is that head mask a disposable diaper?
    Belated welcome @melanieatl970!
    Machka :heart: Rhody
    Margaret “it is really up to you to stand up for yourself do what you need to do to protect your own health.” Has always been true, now more than ever.
    Allie 4 miles, well done!
    Amber your neighbors :rage: Wish you could have thrown some glitter onto them from the window and told them to watch the glitter virus spread. Soon everyone they know will be sick and some will die. :cry:
    Okie I’m with you about SuziQ’s bugles!
    Lisa thanks for sharing the pics of the Faberge eggs. Made me remember the sugar eggs with a mini diorama inside. I always wanted to eat the sugar shell but Mama wouldn’t let me… ;)
    Lanette the expression on Rover’s face says it all!
    Kylia prayers for your MIL, your DH and you.
    Michele what you said about hair on legs and chin. Never thought I’d wish for the hair on my legs to grow back but if it meant no more chin hairs…
    Rebecca OH that Athena Rose 
    Tracey :love: The pics of the grands and the idea of your GD wearing the dress your Grandmother made for your daughter.
    Heather how I envy you your AF wine. So glad you're not on that cold and windy trip after all.

Only thru pg 47 but finally sleepy again. Sharon, hoping I can unplug those TVs if they recur. :}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: better than March.
    daily: steps=2800, vits=12.5 log=13 CI<CO=9 CI<250<CO=5 Tumble & Shadow 5=8 mfp=13 clean 10 mins=11 outside=10 up hill=15
    wkly: BB&B x3=0 rx=2 dance=3 
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Coloured hair with help of DH a bit drastic but I used to have this colour years ago. DH likes it 💕 he has a thing for redheads probably because I was one when he met me LOL We’ll see what kids say

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Hey Kate UK! We want a photo of the colour. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Forgot to post picfhgzr966hwfl.jpeg
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    So good I did twice LOL
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Most are being incredibly generous and accommodating, I might add. We've had three now let us know that any funds that remain unspent from their grants may be shifted to operations cost without having to ask. Can't even tell you how rare operational funding is from any grantor these days.

Lisa in AR
    That's GREAT Lisa! I know how rare this is. In fact, back when I was regularly involved in securing grants, I told anybody who wanted to listen (and especially anybody who griped about how grants got spent) that when I set up a granting agency, it would exclusively fund operations, so all the earmarked funding everybody else gave could be handled rationally rather than scattershot.

/Penny
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa
    LOL. My rage this morning is about the custody battle between Dr Greene and her husband and the way it is being aired on social media. Ugh.

I am totally with you about the media citing misleading statistics when reporting how many are affected by the virus.

Also, disheartened by this video about the Bad Fairy Corona Dust emanating from infected people's mouths and noses whether sneezing or not:

>>>

Athena has stolen my heart.

>>>

So much to do today.

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    <3 Love you all!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • stltrimom1015
    stltrimom1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Through this experience it is reinforcing some habits I must put in place and others I must reinforce. Most of us have read/heard about preparing for a loss of a job, retirement, children's futures, etc.. We may or may not have another pandemic, but we will all have moments in time where we find ourselves saying, oh, I wish I was better prepared, I wish I had saved more, I wish, I wish, I wish. As preparation items come to mind I am writing them down and am taking some of the free time gained to put things in motion and plan for others.

Hugs and prayers to all.
    SuziQ - SFL

I've been thinking a lot about this lately too. I know I'm extremely lucky that I have the chance to work from home and that DH is still able to go to his job (he's considered an essential worker). He's also getting a little extra in his paycheck for not taking leave time right now. So between that, the stimulus check that we should be getting, the extra I'm getting in my check for additional duties right now, and the fact that some interest rates are being lowered (or down to 0% in the case of student loans), I'm reworking our budget to put as much towards paying off our debt as possible, while still keeping enough in savings to cover us if something should happen. We'd like to be able to retire in the next 5-6 years and I'm avoiding looking at our 401k balances at the moment :s . So trying to get as much paid off now as possible.

Lisa - I agree with you about the news.
    I've pretty much stopped watching most of it. I understand reporting the numbers, but maybe they should try sometimes to focus more on the positive - for example, as of this morning MO has 4388 cases but only 114 have died. I understand some of those may still die, but that's still close to a 97.4% survival rate, and that's just the people who've been tested. I'm sure there are a lot more mild cases that aren't even being reported. Yes, this is a horrible thing, and some people won't survive, but many more will. And I feel like that should be reported too.

Time to get some work done. Have a good day all!
    JanetO - eastern MO
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Penny - YES. I would apply to you as a funder in a heartbeat! One of my favorite sites (https://nonprofitaf.com/) calls the grant writer's holy grail "MYGOD" Multi-Year General Operating Dollars B) . One of the funnier nonprofit-oriented sites I've ever found. He seems to be a really good guy. I have hopes that something good may come out of this whole mess, with the foundations loosening up their purse strings - and if the economy survives in reasonable shape, they might. If we do fade into a recession, my job will instantly be like pulling chicken's teeth... :neutral: I do know that people need the basics first, food, shelter, employment--but Girl Scouts is the "then what" that comes after.

I did find one bright spot (very esoteric, sorry for those who are bored). Girl Scouts skirts health items very lightly, some healthy living-type badges, healthy cooking - few direct medical programs. There are foundations that give substantial money to medically oriented programs, and I've been searching for a way to make that work without notable success for three years. Yesterday, in passing, I found a medical concept called Social Determinants of Health which looks very promising for the way we operate - Building a girl-led, girl-only social network, with the addition of caring adult support for girls. I need to get some research done on outcomes in that field to write it up, but I'm optimistic that I can find a way to utilize that crowbar.

Karen - Yeah, I just had to flinch on that one - full up with my rage levels at this moment.

And speaking of flinching, if anyone likes physical humor (I don't much, usually) find "Flinch" on Netflix. Stupid hilarious, but for me, it's largely funny only because these people put themselves in that position for a little fame and/or money. No sympathies. :wink: I think we could all use a smile these days. I've already bingewatched "Corner Gas" twice. Still looking for something that reliably makes me smile. My drama quotient is full up.

Ah... cooled down, time to shower and head for town. Mandated by management to wear both gloves and mask in the building, even though alone, to leave as little contaminants behind as possible. Works for me!

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Goes with Lisa's rant
    Lisa your rant is adds to what I was talking about. The media, the politicians, systems in place, and individuals all have their stories and check lists that may or may not be in your best interest. That is why I believe knowledge and information is so important. I always consider the source of the information I am receiving. The tendency is to look for a scapegoat so there is someone to blame. I have said it before and I will say it again it is the virus that is to blame. I do what I am able to protect myself and family.

We have a stay at home order in our state and the social distancing too. Because how people are complying makes me wants to just stay in my own bubble because of our son I can't. I think that is why I do resent his smoking and wanting to go out for fast food all the time. His actions endanger him and me. I have almost had two traffic accidents in the driving over to his house twice a day. I was exposed to someone coughing without covering their cough withing 6 feet of me because of going over to his house to take care of him. It happened at a gas station. I would not have had to get the gas if it were not for him. I am in charge of his meds so it in not an option not to go.

I did learn from the gas station episode that I have to wear my mask at all times when I leave our house or son's.