WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    The positive things going on are the seeds I planted recently are starting to grow and I did learn a new trick. The plastic covering that store bought cakes and some salad take outs are great for starting seeds. They act like mini terrariums. I have a stand up greenhouse that I hope to use in about a week. We had snow on Easter and it is 20 degrees right now so too cold for the mini green house. I hope this changes next week when I transplant my seedlings into larger containers.

My goal is to start a new painting this week too. I plan to do a still life. I want to do it realistically and abstract. This will take me a good six weeks to do.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept in and now am having my tea.. there is sun today which is lovely at least for now and then cloud up..
    its been 5 weeks and nothing from unemployment.. getting a bit nervous..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Karen- So wonderful of a video this is what I believe happened to that church choir close together singing loudly maybe a cough or throat clear here y there.

Barbara - I wasn’t mad about the neighbors until I heard the babies 👶.As a parent who’s raised biological y nonbio kids I wouldn’t want to do anything to put them at risk ever. These folks could care less brought friends around who were talking about folks (next door heard the conversation) at their jobs having the virus! Then why are you going to a home with tiny toys if you know you may have been exposed! The parents didn’t ask them to go home or try to distance nothing. I took JR inside I didn’t want a risk of wind bringing it near JR over the fence like the shopping isle video.

Soup today easy to make y bulk up. Veggie soup yum yum mainly freeze dried mixed with can veggies but delicious. I’m finding having less veggies y fruit that’s fresh leading me to be very irregular (yes that kind ). Crystal light type lemonade, had to mix them together didn’t have enough on the go packs to make just strawberry lemonade so mixed pink with it. Found 3 on the go powder packs to a gallon water makes enough for the whole family !

Amber Tx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,042 Member
    Options
    I woke up angry too, but for no good reason. I dreamed that my ex killed me. So bizarre. Been watching too much violent tv.

I'm planning a trip outside today - the first in ten days. Going to the CVS drive through.

Other than that life is pretty quiet. I can feel the pollen levels, but not too badly.

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💚💜💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: What wonderful memories you have! 55 years ago I was still in highschool. I started having adventures when I graduated. My first adventure was a trip to Hawaii with my best friend. We worked and saved for years to afford the trip—a graduation gift from us to ourselves. :bigsmile:

Barbara: I use DMSO on my knee. It works beautifully for me. I apply it with a glass dropper and let it soak in. We had a tiny glass dropper bottle with DMSO in it for decades but that bottle was nearly empty so DH bought more on Amazon. If you decide to try it, be sure you get the pharmaceutical grade (medical quality) and that it is in a glass bottle, not a plastic container. DMSO is a solvent that can soak up all sorts of things but glass protects its purity. My dropper is also glass. DMSO can carry other chemicals into your body if you get the industrial version. :star:

Lisa: Good news about the grantor being willing to include operational funding. He deserves a gold medal. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I wear my mask whenever I go to a store or business. Many shoppers go without masks at the grocery stores. I don’t wear mine at home. If I walk the dog in our neighborhood, I have the mask with me and wear it as needed if other people are nearby. :heart:

Rebecca: I love your hair color and cut. You are lovely. :star:

We have a beautiful sunshiney morning today. I plan to walk the dog in the neighborhood and ride my terra-tryke in the garage to burn calories.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Grandmallie- Keep trying heat lots are getting denied who need it. No stimulus checks coming my way either so hubby still drumming up work best he can got no safety net.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://apple.news/AY3bu2YNrQ1KDlgIHu3RiLA

Good article on how kids are dealing with this with good sound advice. Worth reading especially Incase the grandkids to your own are having these shutdown issues

Amber Tx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options

Here is the link for the knitted mask.

Someone asked about the Tamarisk bushes. They don’t smell but I think I’m allergic to their pollen!!

RV Rita. Pg 50 comments