• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🐣🐤🐥
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Here's an electron microscope photo of the latest health problem in my neighborhood:
    bwa4sq4kuqg2.jpg

Any guesses? Answer at the end of this post.

Some commentary on the glitter in our community:
    I'm excited that it looks like things are going to start to open up here in our state before long, the "new normal". So anxious to get our dogs to the groomer, for one, so hope they'll be on the early open list. Also, letting people go clamming and sport fishing. There are other "fresh air" activities in our very rural county that have been banned where grouping just doesn't happen except with family members. So we'll see.

I emailed one of our county commissioners yesterday and asked if there was a tally of where the 19 infected people in our county caught it. Were they working in a medical facility where infected people were being cared for? A high density setting such as a workplace? Or just "community spread" which is the one I'm particularly interested in. Even with stores posting the '6 ft social distancing" people do gang up in some areas during busy times.

She replied that I'm in good company, our State Senator is asking the same thing and our health department promised to deliver these stats by the end of the week. That will likely have a bearing on which businesses/activities will be reopened first.

Make it a good day, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State

Answer to the question...
    .pollen! Those little spikes feel like cinders in my eyes. Cold packs really do help, by the way, along with over the counter steroid drops.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Did my 5k. :D:D Not a cloud in the sky, but not too hot. Quite a few people out, but we managed to keep our distance. We saw a policeman moving on a person sitting on the beach.

I've just realised that the series I'm watching on BBC iplayer finishes tomorrow night at 10pm. Good job I checked! I'm going to watch two more hours this afternoon and that leaves me three to get through tomorrow. :noway: I can't bear not to see it through. I'm completely hooked and in love with the main character.

Must get to it! Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    No stimulus checks for my household we fell in the cracks y anything for JR will be eaten up by taxes owed. Navy Daughter will tho told her save it back since good to mask costs y more cleaners eating up her paychecks which I’m glad she’s getting . Today soup 🍜 y brownies that failed lacking too many ingredients didn’t want hubby out searching for them. Less he’s out the better.

Exercise like usual still on the same plateau yo-yo yo-yo 🪀 longest these last is a month for me so should budge soon .

Amber Tx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Barbara, My suggestion about the Zoom line dance class is that the teacher mute everyone during her walk through and then ask anyone with a question to use the "raise hand" feature and she can unmute just the questioner and then mute them again during the dancing.
    <3 Barbie

Yes, that seems to be the way Zoom works best. If two or more are unmuted, there's a lot of extra noise. Also if there is music or a TV in the background, that adds to the noise factor.

In my meetings, we mute everyone until they raise their hand to speak.

M in OZ

PS. No stimulus money down here!

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My exercise today was a 1-hour brisk walk on the treadmill.

Distance: 5.57 km
    Time: 1:03:14

Just walking because one of the many challenges I'm doing on Strava is a walking challenge. So some of my exercise times have to be a walk. I think I've got 10 hours of walking left to go this month, so I'm trying to get it done!

Today was rainy and wet which is good but meant that walking indoors was more appealing.

Back to studying! It's 12:22 am and I want to watch a 21 minute lecture before I go to bed.

M in Oz
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos!

<3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR: I watched a programme on the Faberge eggs on BBC on Easter Mon. So beautiful!

I wondered about that Darwin picture. Apparently his personal hygiene was less than perfect.

Heather: I have a ripper outer. Wouldn’t use it in my lady garden though. Just on legs and the odd facial sprout. 😂 I was growing my hair out, so that’s not a problem either.

I’ve been making masks from fabric. They have a pocket for a removable filter. I am thinking of joining a group sewing scrubs for care workers.
    qv63bs082y2w.jpeg

Terri If you have a pattern or at least the dimensions and basic instructions, my partner is very interested in how to make that mask. <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie- Be careful hopefully it hasn’t spread to more in your building .

Funnies
    f65sob7nkt6f.jpeg
    nm23har95psv.jpeg
    gqlxyv9okr9z.jpeg
    c0qhpqmctrcm.jpeg

Cloth masks some are made well enough to filter others are not but I rather have it than nothing at all. It does lower your chances of getting it by a little that may be all you needed to stay safe if PPE like N95 are not available
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: It looks like a chives blossom. Pollen didn’t occur to me due to color. I always think of pollen as yellow. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: So far, we don’t have stimulus checks in our accounts. :ohwell:

Allie: Sending good thoughts for your neighbor who is in the hospital. I am hopeful that since the British Prime Minister has been treated and released many others will also be able to recover. My guess is that he started out healthy and was able to battle the virus. I fear that those who are already weak or sick may not be as lucky. I am trying to stay optimistic. :star:

We have an interesting view of workers leveling the house next door. I am hopeful we will not need this kind of work.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon