WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me in adding some of you as friends on here. I was looking on my friends list, and it looked quite sad. Hence to why I have been adding.💖. If I am not on your friends list add me.💖👍

💖Rebecca
    yb1xo1qnd4bp.jpg

Your family is so sweet, Rebecca.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Love the pics of babies,pets,flowers.
    Still awake hopefully I get to sleep soon.. even melatonin isnt doing it...ugh
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜💛💚💙
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me in adding some of you as friends on here. I was looking on my friends list, and it looked quite sad. Hence to why I have been adding.💖. If I am not on your friends list add me.💖👍

💖Rebecca
    yb1xo1qnd4bp.jpg

I loved seeing your friend request! It was so nice to see someone I know and not some random male.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Heehee! I am so not random!😁
    Question. How do you post videos on here? I try to but it says the format not allowed. I guess if I had a computer I could drag and drop, but I have a Fire tablet.
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3>:)<3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ah! lost part of my post!

@karen i'd go for the steel kettle to have less cleaning for hard water stains.

@finding a balance between good news and bad. Sometimes on social media even now some people only post the good. others only the dark. a balance would seem more relatable to me.

@Janet happy anniversary!

@exermom 7 people ahead of you is not too bad these days.

@Heather nice face drawing

@Katla wow for parades taking place! Sounds like a good time for knitting.

@Amber bakeries and chocolate shops are open here, considered "essential". on the chocolate shop it says in case of emergency call this number...

@Machka 5 weeks alone w no walking is rough. it must have been nice to have the homecare nurse visit. i had a bug after a trip to india and i managed to have some kind of visit 1x every 2 days or so.

@Suzi thanks for your warning thoughts.

@Barbara, that sounds terrible about watching the scary movies

@Lisa news can be so upsetting these days, both the truth of it in many cases, and also the incomplete news. Don't get me started about news here. Very unusual about paper copy required. That's major about some others supporting operation costs. You've probably seen it but worldometer gives a lot of (reported) statistics daily including how many cases per million, how many people tested per million etc. Not all is counted neither in the USA nor in France. I find that very upsetting.

@Class system all over the world. The culture minister was one of the first well-known people here tested positive, but he was not very sick, whereas France is very low in terms of testing per capita.

@Rita i'm sorry about how you are feeling.

NEWS
    i check worldometer daily. clicking on country it refers to sources usually.
    there's a french daily update done by young guy (looks about 20) that is really good. he gives main daily info in about 7 minutes and now finishes with a funny meme to lighten up, it's called hugo décrypte. for anyone who understands French. it's pretty fast and is also about national news and laws also. i suppose he would put on subtitles if people asked for it. Trevor Noah is hit and miss and sometimes has new and pertinent interviews.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    @Machka 5 weeks alone w no walking is rough. it must have been nice to have the homecare nurse visit. i had a bug after a trip to india and i managed to have some kind of visit 1x every 2 days or so.

She was only there about 15 minutes, but yes, it was nice. It seems to me that after a while, as the burn started to heal, she started coming every other day.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    This appeared in my FB memories from 7 years ago:

Just now, there was an ad on TV for Hungry Jacks (Hungry Jacks is more or less the same as Burger King). When was the last time you had a meal at a fast food chain?
    It has been a little while for us ... at least a month. There are no fast food chains in our town ... the nearest one is about 65 km away.
    But I have to say ... that hamburger on TV did look good!

It got me to thinking when the last time was that I went for fast food.

It's probably been about two years since I've gone to a "burger" fast food place. Occasionally I miss it, but not often.

If we go for "fast food" it's usually Subway or Zambreros.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    News

I get at least one email each day in my work inbox ... often several as the discussion about changes related to COVID-19 go on.

I check ABC news a couple times a day.

Once in a while I look at the WHO site or Worldometer site.

And I get Australian Department of Health messages in my FB feed.

But there hasn't been much new news (aside from the northern part of the state closing up), so there's no point having the news on all the time or gluing myself to the news somehow. It's not like they're going to suddenly announce it's all over or something.

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Here the news changes a lot.