WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Katla - what does 'levelling the house' mean???

Watched another two hours of my series. Only three hours to go by 10 pm tomorrow. :o

AF today. :D Had an AF beer with dinner.

Still learning my Norwegian on Duolingo. Not quite sure why. ;) I'd like to finish the course.

A quiet day, but so glad I went running. I am well in credit with my calories. :D

We haven't had any rain at all for weeks, just glorious sunshine. Hoping for some rain for the garden on Friday or Saturday.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Watching tv.. had Homer over for a bit..
    Tomorrow I'll hop in the shower and do some laundry...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol- The sites for small Buisness loans wouldn’t work either lots not seeing a dime

AmberTx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Luci - love the picture of Iris with her yawn.

Lisa - I love the photo your niece enhanced.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather, I’m not sure I was adequate in explaning the leveling of the neighbors homes. Some settling due to erosion has weakened their foundations & the inside floors aren’t adequately level. They’re working on fixing the problem.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - thank you for that mask discussion. Am I correct in assuming that if I or a family member is sneezing or coughing for any reason, even with wearing a simple cloth mask or a fancier version, STAY the bleep HOME. Don't wander all over Walmart for an hour looking for Aunt Sue's pickles.

Guess I worry a little that if a person has a mask, a few feel they are good to go and common sense goes out the window. Wish there would be more education regarding this on TV and in the public service ads.

From what you've described, it seems a sneeze or cough hard enough to blow through fabric or out the sides sprays way too much aerosolized glitter-carrying moisture into the atmosphere.

My usual calm zen breathing, not so much. B)

Lanette
    Finally sunny SW WA State

Yes. To everything you said. <3

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Meg! So awesome to hear from you. I hope both you and your husband are safe and well.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did a cardio Core DVD. I don’t think I’ll keep this one – too easy. The plan for tomorrow is to do Cathe Friedrich’s To the Max DVD

Katla – I guess the cardiologist is seeing patients in the office. If he had been going to the doc, I bet they would have done a video visit. But since he hasn’t been there since the ablation, that’s probably why they wanted to see him. I’m a bit surprised that they aren’t waiting until the results of the Zio pack come back, but I suspect they’re being on the somewhat cautious side. Maybe when the results come back they’ll do a video visit

Luci – ((BIG HUG))). You are so right to be worried.

AGAIN Aldi is advertising their price for grapes as a “sale” only it’s their regular price.

Lisa – it’s good for YOU to vent, so vent here all you want

I’ve noticed that I’m getting up a bit later than usual. I normally get up at 6 and many times I jumped right out of bed at 6. Sometimes I even got up earlier. Now I find that I’m lying in bed for an extra 10 minutes or so. I just hope that this doesn’t continue.

We got our stimulus money too! I made an agreement with Vince. He can buy a new (larger) TV (not that we really need it, at least I don’t think so. But he feels we need a larger one) but I will get the front yard seeded and fertilized by the landscaper who does our neighborhood. I know that if I wait for Vince, it’ll be a long time before it gets done and I’m afraid that it might not look decent (but I wouldn’t tell him that). We don’t have the equipment needed. Vince has this “thing” about paying someone to do something that you can do yourself. So I try to go along with things as much as I can, but I think there are just some things that will be hard to do. Plus, with his heart problems I can’t help being a little worried. Yes, I am a worry-wort. Everything is fine heart-wise. But since this a-fib episode, I can’t help but worry. I keep saying “we should do it before we can no longer do it”. Hopefully, that won’t be for a long, long time.

Well, it’s starting again. Vince complaining about how I should use the other side of the sink, Jess complaining that I should let Vince see these pictures I have, even tho I told her that his parents aren’t in any of them, they were taken before I was even born. They’re of my parents side of the family. Then Jess complaining that she thinks it rude that I send them to Pat to see if she can identify any of them without telling her first. Honestly, that’s been done to me (I get pictures and people ask if I know who is in the picture). I’ve just learned to keep my mouth shut because if I go into it, it just prolongs things and gets the other person heated up.

Vince went and got his new TV. He was talking about going to Lowes Hardware to get my border for me so we shall see if it happens. I would like to get it before Colby is no longer here to help take it out of the car. Update: Got it! I did have to go back to WalMart because we needed some totes only they didn’t have them. I don't know why he felt that Colby should help, we handled things just fine.

I know I asked this before: but can anyone (KJ?) give me suggestions of things that are appropriate for a 1-1/2 yr old? PJ will be 1 in May. He has so many clothes and Denise keeps buying him more and I'm sure Maria constantly buys them that I really don't want to get him clothes. Plus..I really don't even know what size he is.

Karen – what a sweet anniversary!

Allie – I hope there aren’t more in your building

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies
    Well I had a knock on the door..
    The lady I told you was sick .has the virus like I said and so this is the 2nd in our building she is in the hospital and here is hoping she recovers..

So you're in a 14-day lockdown now?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    In China, if someone is in public without a mask, other people get really mad at them and yell at them to put on their mask. There is a reason for that. They understand that the masks are worn to protect other people, and they expect others to be courteous and responsible just as they are. In this country, people think that wearing a mask mainly protects themselves. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. American attitudes are much different than Chinese attitudes towards society as a whole.
    >>>

Mowed the lawn yesterday, which got me sneezing. I have a whole new movie in my head when I sneeze these days. Plus Lanette's new picture. Sneezing from pollen will never be the same. It used to be kind of satisfying. Not so much now. :|;):):D

Karen in Virginia

Yes, the Chinese student here wear masks the minute they come down with even the slightest case of sniffles.

And yes, I try not to cough or anything in public anymore.

Still trying not to touch my face as well! I wear my hair back so I don't feel the need to brush it out of my face.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Machka- I dont think so... havent seen her in about 6 weeks and she stayed in her condo ..she is 92 and needs care and her family thinks people here will.take care of her.. her family is just horrible. The grandkids were here with the family last weekend running up and down the halls.. they are the ones that need to be tested..
    I've basically have stayed holed up in my condo for I dont know how long...