WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe Friedrich’s Circuit Sweat DVD. This is pretty good. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Peak 10 More Cardio DVD.

I just found out that a friend of mine has IPF. He’s in stage 2. The doc gives him 3 more years in this stage. He said that he couldn’t do ceramics. I wonder why? It’s not like doing ceramics is very strenuous. And I would think that the comradeship would be good for him mentally. Plus…we could keep an “eye” on him.

Our vet when we lived in PA one time was “babysitting” for a friend. She had their pet kangaroo in her office. It was just funny to see this kangaroo hopping about the office!

Bananas – Vince said he wants to talk to Jess privately, so I suspect he’ll probably wait until Colby leaves. Colby doesn’t seem to have a problem putting dishes in the dishwasher. It’s really not that much of a financial hardship, we can make do and have a lot of hot dogs and hamburgers. In many ways they seem to be older chronologically but not really mentally. I don’t know. Yet, Jess is very motivated to go to vet school. Colby doesn’t seem to have any desire to advance his education (he doesn’t have a college degree)

Barbara – don’t you run the knife between two of the disks? I guess the reason the Salvation Army is open is because the money they generate from the store goes towards food/someplace to sleep/etc. for the homeless. Now Habitat for Humanity is closed here and so is Goodwill. You’re right, I am doing most of this for others and I will certainly be careful. I’ll probably only see two people, maybe 1. Everything else I’ll just be leaving on people’s porches.

Lanette – I was thinking of Lenora the other day, too. A while ago I messaged her. She hasn’t been on MFP for 6 months. I never got a response, which isn’t like her. I’m going to try again. I wonder if I still have her phone number?

It’s cool now, but it was raining this morning. Rain just about stopped

Well, I did all my running around and only saw one person! Vince had to go to WalMart and he exclaimed how crowded it was!

Told Denise we were getting her a car seat for PJ’s birthday, she liked the one we picked out only she wants one with a cup holder for his drink and a snack. KJ – what are your thoughts? To me, a cup holder increases dramatically the chances that he’ll spill and how do you clean the car seat? I think it has material seat. I remember for my kids I had one that had vinyl but then I had a material cover that I could take off and wash whenever a spill occurred. Snacks? They make crumbs. And what if he chokes on food. I don’t think I let the kids eat in the car seat, at least not while the car was moving

Pam – welcome! Judging from your “name”, sounds like you, Rebecca, Amber, and a few others have a lot in common

Mahjongg (online) tonight!

The lady who gave me the plastic silverware for the soup kitchen also gave me a lot of plastic containers. Personally, I don’t think the soup kitchen wants them since there aren’t hundreds, but I’ll ask them anyway and if they do, then I’ll take them on Friday.

Penny – beautiful table setting. I love all your pics of your area

Vince said in a few days he’ll need to go to WalMart to get a prescription and at that time we’ll get the propane tank refilled.

Barbara – I looked for my tomato slicer. I KNOW I had it. I must have gotten rid of it thinking it was a cheese slicer. Looks like I’ll need to get a new one

One of the few things that I totally dislike is peanut butter. I tried grinding my own once for the kids when they were little and decided it was more work than I wanted to do, especially since I couldn’t stand the smell

Pip – so sorry about the airstream. Thank goodness neither of you were in it when it happened. Neither of you were, were you?

Made some mini chocolate cupcakes for Vince and Jess. Maybe tomorrow I’ll make the icing.

Love all the pics and really look forward to seeing the baby ones.

Michele NC
  • IAmPamK
    IAmPamK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks MIchelle for the welcome. I am looking forward to watching and learning. It's awesome to be among you all you pros. ;)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Pip
    Pharmacists and pharmacy techs are most definitely on the front line. No question.

So sorry about your Airstream. I'm a bit annoyed with Kirby for scaring you, though. He should just say "the Airstream got hit", not "I've got bad news".

Geez.

(((Hugs))), dear Pip. I know you immediately thought about Lenny when he said he had "bad news". :s

Love ya, Pip.

Karen in Virginia

lmao ! you're right, i'm gonna tell him myself, like, dude, that's not the thing to say to me right now.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    :heart: Margaret
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    We also have a store that grinds nut butters and allows you to grind your own.I make mine at home with my nutribullet.Nothing but nuts.I have crazy Richards peanut butter in the house for when I run out of mine.
    Debby
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Well, I overhear Jess saying to Colby "we'll get Shadow". What's happening? Then I see her tailgate open and say "are you going somewhere". "yes, I'm going with him (meaning Colby)". I said to her "well, it would have been nice if you had told me". I probably shouldn't have said that. Looks like Vince won't get a chance to talk to her. She said she's planning to stay there until the end of the semester, do her finals here and she has a job in Charlotte at a Banfield there. So she'll be gone for about 3 weeks.

I just get the impression that she's saying in not so many words "well, you wouldn't let Colby stay another week, so I'm going to punish you by going with him". But still, would 2 weeks have turned into 3 and then 4? But the truth of the matter was that it was she who misinterpreted what Vince said.

Michele NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    inpvcjl0xb8u.jpeg

zsyqjfx3toy1.jpeg

Michele-I take the cup holders off ours! They don’t hold tall bottles or sippercup anyways only short ones with no handles so what’s the point! I see it as a danger if theirs an accident just another piece to go flying in a car crash like a boulder! They do not snap on they just sit there y remove easily so baby can remove it on mine, plus we like him on the safest spot adviced or seatbelt type for that car seat 💺.JRs last car seat (back detaches later on) has to be used with a shoulder belt now so passenger back seat.. before that middle back seat or the same as now depending on the vehicle our truck has anchor belts but not in the middle but my Dads truck it’s middle y sides.

Nurses blocked protesters
    https://apple.news/AZHvgkm9fTvuINtyO6HLUFg
    Amber Tx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Pip, yep I agree with some of the of the ladies, the "I've got bad news" intro put you in survival mode, and he just needs to know that. Men sometimes don't realize, there are ways to explain, then there's ways to explain that put you in an unsettling head space. We know your Kirby didn't mean to.💖. I hope your Airstream heals up soon. How could a person not miss that shiny pretty thing?!
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    exermom. - it was parked in storage. the guy backed up parking into his spot and he got ours.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Zoom type 🏎 meeting funny 😄
    https://youtu.be/KqXXXMsbarc

Amber Tx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Well, I overhear Jess saying to Colby "we'll get Shadow". What's happening? Then I see her tailgate open and say "are you going somewhere". "yes, I'm going with him (meaning Colby)". I said to her "well, it would have been nice if you had told me". I probably shouldn't have said that. Looks like Vince won't get a chance to talk to her. She said she's planning to stay there until the end of the semester, do her finals here and she has a job in Charlotte at a Banfield there. So she'll be gone for about 3 weeks.

I just get the impression that she's saying in not so many words "well, you wouldn't let Colby stay another week, so I'm going to punish you by going with him". But still, would 2 weeks have turned into 3 and then 4? But the truth of the matter was that it was she who misinterpreted what Vince said.

Michele NC

This is why you need to sit down together and talk ... not just speculate.

barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Michele I think everyone will be happier if Jess goes to stay with Colby.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

But I agree with this as well.

As an adult, it is difficult staying with parents for an extended period of time. I know ... I did it when I was taking my Bachelor of Education!! Fortunately, I was able to move out for a couple semesters to break things up a bit.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Took a nap around 5 woke up at 6:30 .now watching tv..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    💖
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 56.14min, 150mhr, 14.1amph, 13.21mi= 530c
    apple watch- 506c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.41min, 9.23min mi, 147mhr, .49mi= 54c
    apple watch- 57c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.31min, 9.48min mi, 148mhr, .46mi= 59c
    apple watch- 66c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.34min, 9.9amphr (almost hit 10), 157mhr, 2.57mi= 184c
    apple watch- 156c

total cal 827
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    ;)