How desperate are you for human contact?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    I usually WFH, so the gym was my main social activity and opportunity to perv, I mean, people watch 👀. When this is over, the regulars at the gym are all getting bum slaps

This is me, 110%.

..... although, you forgot to capitalize Perv.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.

I’ve been trying to get someone to call my mother and tell her to text me because I don’t do telephones. She keeps texting and leaving voicemails that say “call me.” IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE TEXT!

Gimme her number. I’ll let her know. Also.....I don’t mind talking on the phone (unless it’s to businesses) so she could get her “chat fix” with me and I’ll break down your situation for her as well. Win/Win
  • MelG7777
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.

I’ve been trying to get someone to call my mother and tell her to text me because I don’t do telephones. She keeps texting and leaving voicemails that say “call me.” IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE TEXT!

Gimme her number. I’ll let her know. Also.....I don’t mind talking on the phone (unless it’s to businesses) so she could get her “chat fix” with me and I’ll break down your situation for her as well. Win/Win

But also....I rarely answer my phone. So it’s definitely better I call her. 🤣
    yu1dlk50acy6.jpeg
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

But also....I rarely answer my phone. So it’s definitely better I call her. 🤣
    yu1dlk50acy6.jpeg

😂
  • Motorsheen
    Options

@TwitchyMacGee

giphy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

@TwitchyMacGee

giphy.gif

Can’t i just fedex my kids to her?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

@TwitchyMacGee

giphy.gif

Can’t i just fedex my kids to her?

I would never FedEx my kids...... it costs waaaay too much.

315157411076135422c5e8c0a2936251.jpg

• jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I’d go lay in the yard and pretend I’m dead so passerby’s would give me
    Mouth to mouth

I’d only hoped they brushed but if not I’d deal with it!!!! LoL 😂
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I think that someone could be you. Just pick up the damn phone and call her, Nothing like coming straight from the horses mouth. ;)

I'm so glad my parents don't text.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

I've been in the high capacity seating arrangements for years and dislike it. But, I also don't like high walled cubes. I've found that mid height cubes works best for me. Until the noise gets so bad that I can't hear. Then I snap and tell everyone around me to STFU as loud as I can, and don't care if it's not polite or politically correct.

Don't mind WFH. But, I do like the office dynamics as well, since it's very easy to turn to one of my teammates and ask a question instead of waiting for them to respond via IM or email.

Sure, I agree with all of that. My 6' partition was in a job where I handled payroll & other confidential systems, so they felt I needed to be boxed in from prying eyes. It was a bit isolating, mainly as I was in a corner, but having also worked in that open cubicle nightmare, where you can't get away from noise or smell of any sort (like those who eat highly aromatic food at their desk or speak too loudly), I'll gladly take the former anytime.

Yep, job specific requirements need to be adhered to. Anything that confidential, or classified needs to be protected. Some food I don't mind if it's eaten at the desk. But, others, no way. I typically try to eat away from my desk for a break and being considerate to others.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

I think that someone could be you. Just pick up the damn phone and call her, Nothing like coming straight from the horses mouth. ;)

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Not telling, reasoning with you. At this point, you have two options:

1) Call her yourself and tell her you don't do phones (yet, you're calling her and you have your phone in your hand when you text her... ;) )

2) Put up with her texting you then calling you afterwards.

:p
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

1) Call her yourself and tell her you don't do phones (yet, you're calling her and you have your phone in your hand when you text her... ;) )

3. Never answer phones and let text messages sit for three or more days
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

What if something happens to your mum and needs you right away? Three days later... Oh dear...
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

What if something happens to your mum and needs you right away? Three days later... Oh dear...

She’ll be SOL living 1000 miles away. And she has a *kitten* ton of closer family. Some under her very own roof

And now you’re trying to guilt me. Too bad I got a black belt at deflecting that *kitten*
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

She’ll be SOL living 1000 miles away. And she has a *kitten* ton of closer family. Some under her very own roof

And now you’re trying to guilt me. Too bad I got a black belt at deflecting that *kitten*

Guilt? No. Reasoning? Yes.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

We’ll have to disagree about my family relationships I guess
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options
    She’s gonna laugh her *kitten* off when I show her this exchange
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

We’ll have to disagree about my family relationships I guess

We probably have far more in common than you realize.
  • MelG7777
    Options

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

4. Have stranger/creep Melissa call my mom and make everything right.