30 Days Shred Challenge during COVID-19

Replies

• coachchbrown
    coachchbrown Posts: 37 Member
    I’d really like to commit to a 30 day shred. There is alot of info on shred programs. Is there a particular program you are using?
  • svenena
    svenena Posts: 25 Member
    Can I join? I started the programme a couple of days ago and did level 1, day 3 this morning.

I bought a box set of Jillian Michaels DVDs several years ago, but can't remember ever even trying them (I probably tried one workout and found it too hard). I did a few days of 30DS during March, but gave up, but I'm now committed to seeing the whole 30 days through. It should be easier now we're in lockdown, because although I'm wfh full-time, there's nothing else to do.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Level 3 Day 1 done!
  • Piqueaboo
    I’d really like to commit to a 30 day shred. There is alot of info on shred programs. Is there a particular program you are using?

We are doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

• NuAnderson
    NuAnderson Posts: 41 Member

The classic old 30 days shred of Jillian Micheals. One of my personal favorites
  • NuAnderson
    svenena wrote: »
    Can I join? I started the programme a couple of days ago and did level 1, day 3 this morning.

I bought a box set of Jillian Michaels DVDs several years ago, but can't remember ever even trying them (I probably tried one workout and found it too hard). I did a few days of 30DS during March, but gave up, but I'm now committed to seeing the whole 30 days through. It should be easier now we're in lockdown, because although I'm wfh full-time, there's nothing else to do.

Welcome onboard. Its definitely a hard workout but the results are better than anything else i tried in my life..
    I remember staying in bed for 2 days, barely moving, after doing day 1 😂 I kept cursing at Jillian for the crazy workout. But eventually you commit to it and it gets easier and you will find time pass so fast when you start the work out.
    Good luck abd keep posting your updates for motivation
  • NuAnderson
    I finished level 1 day 5 and walked for 2 miles. How my muscles are this sore until now. 🤨

How abt recording our measurements and maybe take some pictures for comparing our results? It will be the biggest motivation for carrying on
  • NuAnderson
    Im taking a day off today and had a one cheat meal yesterday 🙃
  • Piqueaboo
    Level 3 Day 2 done!
  • Piqueaboo
    NuAnderson wrote: »
    I finished level 1 day 5 and walked for 2 miles. How my muscles are this sore until now. 🤨

How abt recording our measurements and maybe take some pictures for comparing our results? It will be the biggest motivation for carrying on

I missed the boat on this one, I didn't take measurements in the beginning, but I think (?) my jeans fit a tiny bit better
  • knight6383
    knight6383 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all. I'm late to the party lol but I'm here nonetheless. I'll be starting L1D1 today. I have been doing 30DS off and on since I joined MFP. It also helped to jumpstart my first committed fitness journey Dec 2016.

As many times as I've started the program, I have never completed it. The farthest I've gotten is L2D3. I actually want to complete it this go-round.

I am 9.5mos pp, 13lbs away from my pre-preg weight and 34lbs from my goal. I and going through a really bad breakup as well as dealing with pp-depression so keeping active while getting this weight off will be a huge pick-me-up.

Good luck to everyone! :)
  • SweetRollz
    SweetRollz Posts: 35 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hello All 🙋🏾 I actually am apart of another 30 day shred challenge a few post down/up loll.. I'd like to join this one as well.

Currently not working due to covid19 and was heading towards 300lbs! Gained 8 pounds during the first week of quarantine! So i was like put the little debbies down and get to work!

Started 30 day shred 3 days ago, way harder than I thought it would be, I have been doing step aerobics and taebo along with the 30day shred!

Current Weight 04/10/2020: 287
    End of challenge weight: 05/10/2020 ???

• NuAnderson
    SweetRollz wrote: »
    Hello All 🙋🏾 I actually am apart of another 30 day shred challenge a few post down/up loll.. I'd like to join this one as well.

Currently not working due to covid19 and was heading towards 300lbs! Gained 8 pounds during the first week of quarantine! So i was like put the little debbies down and get to work!

Started 30 day shred 3 days ago, way harder than I thought it would be, I have been doing step aerobics and taebo along with the 30day shred!

Current Weight 04/10/2020: 287
    End of challenge weight: 05/10/2020 ???

Welcome to our small group 🧡 yep, its pretty intense although it's a short workout, don't worry it will get easier by time and you will be motivated by the results you are going to get.
    Just a note. Please dont go for the scale weight, its very disappointing, you'd rather prefer measuring the inches you're going to lose because you are building lean muscles here and losing the bad fat lol.
    Good luck and keep posting
  • NuAnderson
    knight6383 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm late to the party lol but I'm here nonetheless. I'll be starting L1D1 today. I have been doing 30DS off and on since I joined MFP. It also helped to jumpstart my first committed fitness journey Dec 2016.

As many times as I've started the program, I have never completed it. The farthest I've gotten is L2D3. I actually want to complete it this go-round.

I am 9.5mos pp, 13lbs away from my pre-preg weight and 34lbs from my goal. I and going through a really bad breakup as well as dealing with pp-depression so keeping active while getting this weight off will be a huge pick-me-up.

You cannot be late for looking good 😉 the program is pretty intense, I know, but maybe this time you would start taking pictures and measurements for your progress, maybe hang the pretty dress or swimsuit that doesn't fit lately.😀 it will help you keep motivated and definitely will help you through the pp-depression. Good luck
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Hi! I'm all in for this. I completed 30DS 7 years ago with my best friend. I don't have any results or pics from then, but it's the most fit and best shape I've ever been in. I'm now 50lbs/22kg heavier than then, and ready to give it another go.

How are you all getting on so far?

I'm off to take my before pics, and start D1! 💪🏻
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I'm already doing a shred of my own design. But would like to follow the progress here. I can post a couple progress pics if you want.

Started Jan 1st 2020
    182 lbs SW
    172.5 lbs CW
    because of turkey and pie.

Waist down 1/2 in
    all other measurements same or up.
    bf down 5%

Happy shredding.
  • knight6383
    knight6383 Posts: 4 Member
    NuAnderson wrote: »
    knight6383 wrote: »

You cannot be late for looking good 😉 the program is pretty intense, I know, but maybe this time you would start taking pictures and measurements for your progress, maybe hang the pretty dress or swimsuit that doesn't fit lately.😀 it will help you keep motivated and definitely will help you through the pp-depression. Good luck

Thank you!! I don't have a measuring tool but I'm definitely taking pics. I started with a dress I use to love wearing. Working towards wearing it sooner than later, even if only around the house lol.
  • NuAnderson
    katylil wrote: »
    Hi! I'm all in for this. I completed 30DS 7 years ago with my best friend. I don't have any results or pics from then, but it's the most fit and best shape I've ever been in. I'm now 50lbs/22kg heavier than then, and ready to give it another go.

How are you all getting on so far?

I'm off to take my before pics, and start D1! 💪🏻

I agree. I've been spending months in the gym working my butt off and didn't get half of the results I am getting from the shred. Good luck and try to keep posting your updates 💪💪
  • NuAnderson
    KHMcG wrote: »
    I'm already doing a shred of my own design. But would like to follow the progress here. I can post a couple progress pics if you want.

Started Jan 1st 2020
    182 lbs SW
    172.5 lbs CW
    because of turkey and pie.

Waist down 1/2 in
    all other measurements same or up.
    bf down 5%

Happy shredding.

That's interesting. I'm curious to know your own program. And of course it will be great posting your pictures 😊
  • NuAnderson
    Completed level 1 day 7 and walked for 2 miles
    I also added couple of short workouts targeting abs and arms .. feels great 💪💪💪