30 Days Shred Challenge during COVID-19

Options

Replies

• SweetRollz
    SweetRollz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 complete.. 30 mins step aerobics and doubled the cardio portion! Today was much easier! Still a sweaty tired mess though lol
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Starting Weight was 204 lbs in 2016

jqsr0oqbfj4d.png

January 2020 178 lbs

00jbmj3zcdog.jpg

April 2020 170 lbs

2vbns722lms5.jpg

I'm eating 5 days out of 7, 200 above my BMR. Weekend is a bit of a carb load. Not on purpose but more a function of family meals.

I do calisthenic squats, pushups and abs every day for maintenance.

Lifting to failure, I alternate Legs, Chest and Back 3 days.
    The off days lifting are cardio. My cardio of choice is jump rope. 2 days jump rope 1 day bike riding. 30 minutes high intensity.

I'm reasonably pleased with my progress.
  • svenena
    svenena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I took one day off over the weekend, and completed level 1 day 7 this morning. I think I'm going to take a day off a week - I've got a long-term bad knee, and the shred is making it worse. The day off helped with this, I think. I also bought a knee support a couple of days ago, and am also substituting the jumping jacks, with jogging on the spot (but still with the JJ arms!), which seems to be lower impact.

I took photos and measurements at the beginning, so I hope to see some progress in the end (no sign of this yet).

Good luck to everyone else that has joined in. Hopefully we can make it to the end of the 30 days!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 4 done
  • NuAnderson
    NuAnderson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    svenena wrote: »
    I took one day off over the weekend, and completed level 1 day 7 this morning. I think I'm going to take a day off a week - I've got a long-term bad knee, and the shred is making it worse. The day off helped with this, I think. I also bought a knee support a couple of days ago, and am also substituting the jumping jacks, with jogging on the spot (but still with the JJ arms!), which seems to be lower impact.

I took photos and measurements at the beginning, so I hope to see some progress in the end (no sign of this yet).

Good luck to everyone else that has joined in. Hopefully we can make it to the end of the 30 days!

Yep you should take a day off anyhow. And try to be easy with the squats and lunges as well, bad for the knees too. Good luck 💪🤗
  • NuAnderson
    NuAnderson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I took day off yesterday and decided to be a total couch potato 🥱📺 but woke up with more power and finished day 8 level 1
    I started to see those 6 packs and was very happy
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good work everyone!!

I completed Day 2 yesterday, along with an early morning hour-long walk in the park (we're still allowed out to exercise in the UK), and 15 minutes of ballet exercises. Achey and tired today, but I'm aiming to do my walk on my lunchbreak, and then 30DS later this afternoon (I like to do it after work!).
  • atowan
    atowan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    G'day from land down under (Australia),

Is it too late to join? What's the shred?
    Cheers,
    Anna
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Too cold for cardio here. I'm missing my cardio. Yesterday was a maintenance day. 50 Romanian Squats and 100 Elevated pushups with tension band bicep curls. I was pretty close on calories. Within 50.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Aaand I finished day 5. I’m getting better too which is exciting.
  • SweetRollz
    Options
    Day 6, Level 1 Complete. Endurance is much better strength is worse LOLL, my arms are so sore!!
  • rjhangia
    rjhangia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started this - did day 2 today, along with 1.5 hour of walking my dog. Have started the shred before a few years ago, but always seem to get bored after 1 week. This time if I start losing my motivation, I’m thinking of switching up the levels sooner.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Broke through a weight platau today. Yesterday was maintenance squats 50, and Pushups 50. Focus on stability ball pullovers and rear delt tension band pulls. Lots of back and anterior shoulder.
  • rjhangia
    rjhangia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 day 3 today morning, legs are very sore, but the exercises are getting easier
  • SweetRollz
    Options
    Day 7, Level 1. Complete! Along with 30 mins of step aerobics and taebo! 💆🏾
  • katylil
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I ended up skipping Jillian and doing a massive cardio session on Wednesday instead (30 minute aerobic dance video, then 1h walk-jog in the park), and was super achey yesterday so I took it as my rest day.

Just finished Level 1 Day 3 of 30DS, and it was definitely more of a struggle today, (I finally added in weights to the anterior raises and side lunges and ouch!), but I completed it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)
  • katylil
    Options
    rjhangia wrote: »
    I just started this - did day 2 today, along with 1.5 hour of walking my dog. Have started the shred before a few years ago, but always seem to get bored after 1 week. This time if I start losing my motivation, I’m thinking of switching up the levels sooner.

Definitely switch up sooner if you feel up to it! When my friend and I did it years ago, we moved to Level 2 after 5 days as it got too easy for us, then did Level 2 for 13 days because we found it much harder. Do what works for you!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    Options
    Shred is coming along well. Down 11 lbs since Jan 1st.

I use a 3 point caliper method so the final # may not 100% accurate but I'm very meticulous so the trend is. 15% bodyfat Jan 1st 9% this morning.

x9qu2b0p7xub.jpg

Yesterday hit rear delts with tension band pulls. Lots of them. Also stability ball Pullovers for Traps and abs.

Maint elevated pushups 60, Romanian Deadlifts dumbbell style 50 with eccentric overload.

Added tension band bicep curls for good measure.
  • SweetRollz
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Day 8, Level 1. Complete.. Just when I thought it was getting easier it tortured me lol 🤦🏾