So... how come mfp is so quiet now?

Options
I remember a time when the boards were active and sometimes youd have to hunt for a board you posted on cause it had flew onto the second page..

Someone told me it was scammers... but that didnt really make sense to me.. lol

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Kind of disappointing when you're stuck inside and it's like a ghost town almost for conversation and discussion
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    See now that's what I told the guy who told me it was scammers and he told me I was wrong lol... I said people must not be emotionally able to diet during covid..

I knew it didnt make sense... cause I was like...how could someone scam someone on a message board? And do it enough to make people leave... lol

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Its also easter......
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    Well easter hasn't been 3 weeks long.. lol but yeah the weekend doesnt help the deadness
  • psychod787
    Options
    Well easter hasn't been 3 weeks long.. lol but yeah the weekend doesnt help the deadness

Message sent.....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Message sent.....

Lol all your dots are creepin me out... and I dont even know what you mean lol

I'm assuming PM. I sent one too, but the messaging system seems hit and miss if you aren't MFP friends with someone.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Message sent.....

I'm assuming PM. I sent one too, but the messaging system seems hit and miss if you aren't MFP friends with someone.

Oh.. if so yeah, I didn't get any messages =/ lame, now I wanna know what they said haha
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I usually check my notifications page before checking the boards via topic area. Judging things like my AM new notifications count, I think most of the volume may still be there, but more focussed in particular threads (that "Coronavirus Prep" one is very, very busy ;) ).

It does seem like there are fewer new general/miscellaneous posts, though.

Longer term, I subjectively think volume is down . . . like it felt as if this January 1 wasn't as busy as last year. Maybe the trend has moved on to Noom, or some other site.

There's a lot of "calorie counting doesn't work" content in the popular blogosphere (I still have subs to some mainstream e-newsletters where I see this, for example). I don't know whether there's more of that (more focused, if not more numerous) than previously, though. There are trends within dumbness, though, for sure. :lol:

Note to self: Unsubscribing stupid newsletters I mostly ignore would be a good use of quarantine time. ;)

... oh yes, it still amazes me how calorie deficit seems to be the biggest farce to people lolol..

I agree about unsubscribing, I somehow ended up on one for politics by signing a petition lol.. I get all kinds of useless garbage in my email lol
  • psychod787
    Options

Message sent.....

Was sending you a pm dot dot dot lol
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    I didnt get it. Lol.

Now I really AM curious
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    coming from someone who used to post a lot...

I don't because I got sick and tired of being jabbed at and poked at and reported for inane stuff...that was alright one day then bam it wasn't without warning.

For example one day I reported a poster for being under aged...and let them know that I had reported them...just as an FYI...and not in a mean way (or that wasn't my intent)

I got put in Jail for that...without any recourse...I and many others had in previous times posted to underaged individuals that we had reported their profile as people under 18 aren't suppose to be here...without incident then all of the sudden it's not okay.

So there...when you silence people boards become quiet...and you are going to find that it becomes more and more quiet as people are silenced more and more...

I post a bit now and then but not nearly as much...I usually read the stuff that is repeated over and over again and see the same information being requested and given...and with the fear of saying the wrong thing to the wrong person or people assuming tone...no point in posting back usually.

*shrugs* I fully expect to get in trouble for this post.

Oh I understand that, before I left I'm pretty sure my image had permanent jail bars on it most of the time.. lol.. I remember having to set a timer so I knew when I could post a message again.. I actually forgot about all that until you mentioned it!