Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic You got this!!!!!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic So impressed. I am going to support you by carbo-loading today. Going to attempt homemade pizza! Keep on going!💪
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    @katharmonic You got this!!!!!

YES! YOU GO GO GO! W00T!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Your doing amazing!!! Most would have thrown in the towel by now (before now). You got this!!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I hope you do too, I try other brands and models, but always come back to them. My first pair were Launch 3s I think.

@katharmonic a lot of my friends have been doing similar challenges, good luck! Loving your update – go go!

@ContraryMaryMary awesome shoes, but the think the orange ones will be a *kitten* trail run in. Skip wears the NB and LOVES them.

@Avidkeo pretty!! Love the color

@mari_moulin welcome!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Go! Go! GO! @katharmonic!!! You've got this!
    Love your updates!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I’m in, no mileage goal again this month, my primary goal is to keep running regularly and avoid catching covid. Parks are opening on Monday but I will not be returning to them since they were way too crowded before they were closed. I’m hoping that with the reopening of the economy I will be able to continue running on the streets, which has only been feasible because of reduced traffic. No parks plus no streets would make my running life difficult!

Secondary goals are to do respectably in the final two races of the Run the 901 virtual race series, and to continue doing 8 mile long runs. On which subject, my last 8 mile run made my knee sore, so we are taking a trail walk today instead of running. I kind of suspect I’ve had a torn meniscus since the trail series this winter. It gets aggravated deep in the joint if I do much involving torque on that knee, and it pops when I straighten it fully. The meniscus in that knee (this is my ‘good’ knee as opposed to the one with no ACL and a baker’s cyst) has always “looked weird” (this is a quote from the Ortho) and I’m thinking this is a development of that. Certainly not going to the doctor for it at the moment (statistics on covid in our area show 45% was acquired in a healthcare setting), and in the past a couple of days off has settled it, so hopefully that will continue to be true.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    @Avidkeo Ouch! I still have new-looking patches of skin from when I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Hope you heal quickly!
  • Lenamarshae
    Lenamarshae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I’m going to shoot for 30 miles for the month of May. Thanks for this forum and support.

Good Luck! 😉

May 1: 4.5 miles! Yayy (walked 3.5, jogged 1)

May 2: 5 miles (speed walking for 2, casual walking for 3)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic we are all thinking of you you totally got this, and remember how awesome it will feel when you have completed it!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Jumped on to check how you’re going @katharmonic! Amazing stuff! Cheering you on from London. X
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else lost track of all the virtual races out there? I know I've signed up for a few and completely forgot about them! Not sure why I bothered since I have a plan and I'm sticking to it, and most virtual runs are things that don't fit into my plan. Probably a bit of "oh that looks like fun" with "I don't want to miss out" haha.

Today, it's wet, windy and awful and im a little bumbed that I'm not running. I'm starting to look for the bad weather to run in for training lol. Oh well. I'm going to go for a good walk, then do a strength session. Probably a good thing, cause I was TIRED after yesterdays run. Doing a long run in the morning, then working 3pm - 11pm isn't the most pleasant. Fortunately that only happens every 9 weeks lol.
  • rheddmobile
    Options
    Okay I caught up, go @katharmonic !
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    May 2nd- 1.5miles

3.5/50 miles complete

Wow go @katharmonic very motivational! I can't wait for the next update!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic You’ve got this! Look at you, only 3 more to go. We are with you running! Keep a go!