May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @Ringbearer2 I've thought about doing that in a year, but not 3 months. That's a lot of running. What part of TN do you live in? I'm in upper E. TN.

@Scott6255 Glad you are all CoVID free. Hugs to you and your wife dealing with your aunt. Dementia is such a horrible disease and so hard on the family. I hope you can get her back into the assisted living center soon.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @Ringbearer2 I've thought about doing that in a year, but not 3 months. That's a lot of running. What part of TN do you live in? I'm in upper E. TN.

3?
    May, June, July, August = 4 right? So not as bad as you thought?
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    @quilteryoyo, I don’t live there, it’s a virtual race. I just thought it would be fun because I was born in Knoxville. Plus my crazy Ironman athlete friend made me do it and I also roped my daughter in as well.

• ImeldaOmom
    ImeldaOmom Posts: 12 Member
    My goal for May is 55Km
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    @quilteryoyo, I don’t live there, it’s a virtual race. I just thought it would be fun because I was born in Knoxville. Plus my crazy Ironman athlete friend made me do it and I also roped my daughter in as well.
    I have some friends who signed up for it and I think it averages out to 5 miles a day?
  • PastorVincent
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I have some friends who signed up for it and I think it averages out to 5 miles a day?

Well 1000km / 4 months = 250km per month
    250km / 4 weeks = 62.5 km per week
    62.5km /7 days = roughly 9km a day.

So about 6 miles a day is ballpark I would say. Probably want to do more for the days you will miss due to scheudal, weather, and such though.
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Aiming for 150 miles (mostly walking, some jogging)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,075 Member
    01/05 1.5 miles

exercise.png

• PastorVincent
    @PastorVincent Apparently I can't count. LOL I was going by August being the 8th month and May the 5th, so 8-5 is 3, right? Forgot to be inclusive instead of exclusive.

It is actually a very normal mistake to make. While in college I took a lot of useless classes but one interesting class was essentially on counting and we covered lots of gotchas like this one. Most of the class I have of course forgotten, but I seem to have remembered enough to get this count right. :)

• PastorVincent
    renydo2 wrote: »
    Would like to join in this month!
    Will set my goal at 40 miles.
    Best wishes!!

Welcome!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    5/1 - 3 miles

3 of 50 miles

@quilteryoyo I just brought a new pair of Brooks Launch too. Can’t wait for them to get here, they are what I wear all the time on the road. I usually buy at my local Fleet Feet but the didn’t have any.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @skippygirlsmom That's good to hear. I hope I like them as much as you do.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited May 2020
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    5-1 7k moderate

May Total: 191k
    May Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k

2020 Total through April: 700k

Doesn't get much better than today. 45 degrees F, a light misty drizzle, and just a bit of a breeze from the north.

You may want to slow down there a little bit buddy. You are already 21k past your May goal, and it's only May 1! :D

I TOLD you it doesn't get much better than today!!!!!!
    The editing and proofreading, however, leaves something to be desired.